In the month of August, I am hoping with the gracious help of SRW_Cossacco to host a 12 event Karting championship league. The events will be broken down into 3 per week. Each week, the 3 challenge events will allow players to compete in and you can score points in the championship by participating in each event. At the end of August, the racer with the most points over the 12 events is crowned the World Champion. Here is an event timeline to show you how it will pan out:
A couple of points I'd also like to make about the nature of this competition:
- Events are challenge events and the challenge leaderboards will be the deciders on who gets points. This gives players the opportunity to race in their own time, alone or with their buddies throughout the weeks.
- At the end of each week, players will gain points for positions 1st-15th place. Points system is as follows: 1st - 25, 2nd - 20, 3rd - 16, 4th - 13, 5th - 11, 6th - 10, 7th - 9, 8th - 8, 9th - 7, 10th - 6, 11th - 5, 12th - 4, 13th - 3, 14th - 2, 15th - 1
- Each week, the challenge events will get slightly longer. Week 1, the events will last around 5mins. Week 2 will last around 7-8mins. Week 3 will be around 10 mins and week 4, the events will last approx 12-13 mins. So getting each event with competitive times will be that little bit tougher each week.
- Championship standings will be updated each week to let you know how you are doing.
- Registration is no longer needed. Anyone that races in the challenge events are automatically entered.
How does this sound? Do you have any ideas to bring to the table? Please note that this is the first season like this so I am aiming to start it off simple and potentially move on towards what you guys want it to be, so please get in any suggestions you would like to see either in this season or the future and we shall try and work towards them.