#1 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 31 July 2013 - 11:50 AM

Hi guys,

Just thinking of ways to improve the next karting championship (click here for the previous championship) and I have come up with the following. Please read through and let me know your thoughts:

In the month of August, I am hoping with the gracious help of SRW_Cossacco to host a 12 event Karting championship league. The events will be broken down into 3 per week. Each week, the 3 challenge events will allow players to compete in and you can score points in the championship by participating in each event. At the end of August, the racer with the most points over the 12 events is crowned the World Champion. Here is an event timeline to show you how it will pan out:

kartchamptimeline.jpg

A couple of points I'd also like to make about the nature of this competition:

• Events are challenge events and the challenge leaderboards will be the deciders on who gets points. This gives players the opportunity to race in their own time, alone or with their buddies throughout the weeks.
  • At the end of each week, players will gain points for positions 1st-15th place. Points system is as follows: 1st - 25, 2nd - 20, 3rd - 16, 4th - 13, 5th - 11, 6th - 10, 7th - 9, 8th - 8, 9th - 7, 10th - 6, 11th - 5, 12th - 4, 13th - 3, 14th - 2, 15th - 1
  • Each week, the challenge events will get slightly longer. Week 1, the events will last around 5mins. Week 2 will last around 7-8mins. Week 3 will be around 10 mins and week 4, the events will last approx 12-13 mins. So getting each event with competitive times will be that little bit tougher each week.
  • Championship standings will be updated each week to let you know how you are doing. 
  • Registration is no longer needed. Anyone that races in the challenge events are automatically entered.

How does this sound? Do you have any ideas to bring to the table? Please note that this is the first season like this so I am aiming to start it off simple and potentially move on towards what you guys want it to be, so please get in any suggestions you would like to see either in this season or the future and we shall try and work towards them.

Cheers,
RickSpeed

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#2 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

I think it's a pretty cool idea, the only issue is that if someone is away for a week, he has no way of winning the championship, but that's always an issue with races done during the summer :P (holidays etc...same during christmas).

I like the format though, can't think of a way to improve it just yet :)

Good job, as always :D

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#3 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 31 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Nice! :D

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:27 PM

Great job Rick!  :D

I think it's a pretty cool idea, the only issue is that if someone is away for a week, he has no way of winning the championship, but that's always an issue with races done during the summer :P (holidays etc...same during christmas).

I like the format though, can't think of a way to improve it just yet :)

Good job, as always :D

Good point pilot, but there's a very simple solution for this one - we can count 9 best results out of 12 races. It's a realistic one, used some time ago for example in Formula 1 or right now in WRC. That could also be on a week basis, so 3 best weeks out of 4 will decide. It will be a great help to those that cannot attend all races and a nice strategical margin to play with for those who will attend every single one of them.

I'm not sure which one is better and more fair, so please think about it and share opinion  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

3 best weeks out of 4 will decide

That could work - nice idea, and thanks everyone for the positive feedback and suggestions. Keep em coming

SRW Leagues

#6 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 01 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

Very nice concept. Cossacco's idea is spot on because in most kart championships you are allowed a drop round.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#7 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 07:08 AM

well,it happened again. Last night finished solid race in Sonoma, even waited for my fellow competitor to finish race with lap down, but still no my result counted. OK, it´s not such big thing doing another run... just to let you know that sometimes server doesn´t accept results in some events!

#8 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

But did you wait for the event to restart after everyone had finished the race? I see your results show on sonoma and shinjuku now.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#9 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

yeah, well...  i did one more race, simmilar pace... and waited 2 minutes into next qualifyings B)

i was pointing to that, because it didn´t happened the first time. Usualy i waited till signal: next race in 0:27 sec

#10 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Hi guys,

Just thinking of ways to improve the next karting championship (click here for the previous championship) and I have come up with the following. Please read through and let me know your thoughts:

In the month of August, I am hoping with the gracious help of SRW_Cossacco to host a 12 event Karting championship league. The events will be broken down into 3 per week. Each week, the 3 challenge events will allow players to compete in and you can score points in the championship by participating in each event. At the end of August, the racer with the most points over the 12 events is crowned the World Champion. Here is an event timeline to show you how it will pan out:

kartchamptimeline.jpg

A couple of points I'd also like to make about the nature of this competition:

• Events are challenge events and the challenge leaderboards will be the deciders on who gets points. This gives players the opportunity to race in their own time, alone or with their buddies throughout the weeks.
  • At the end of each week, players will gain points for positions 1st-15th place. Points system is as follows: 1st - 25, 2nd - 20, 3rd - 16, 4th - 13, 5th - 11, 6th - 10, 7th - 9, 8th - 8, 9th - 7, 10th - 6, 11th - 5, 12th - 4, 13th - 3, 14th - 2, 15th - 1
  • Each week, the challenge events will get slightly longer. Week 1, the events will last around 5mins. Week 2 will last around 7-8mins. Week 3 will be around 10 mins and week 4, the events will last approx 12-13 mins. So getting each event with competitive times will be that little bit tougher each week.
  • Championship standings will be updated each week to let you know how you are doing. 
  • Registration is no longer needed. Anyone that races in the challenge events are automatically entered.

How does this sound? Do you have any ideas to bring to the table? Please note that this is the first season like this so I am aiming to start it off simple and potentially move on towards what you guys want it to be, so please get in any suggestions you would like to see either in this season or the future and we shall try and work towards them.

Cheers,
RickSpeed

just adding:

looks like Go Kart championships structure could work for those (us) who like more advanced challenges, even if not every time with full grid on those races <_< . OK...go kart is very cheap car and every beginner can buy one instantly, which is good... and also shows 70+ competitors in those races, but... what about having simmilar structure in some other class... for more advanced players, who wants a bit more? Will give just one example....

GT3 cars (you can choose any of 3)

Weekend 1:

----------------------------

race 1: Indy road course - 50 laps - 1 mandatory pitstop / fuel ON

race 2: Zandvoort - 50 laps - 1 pitstop / fuel ON

i think 2 races for weekend, some 4-5 days limit is enough to run that challenge.

Weekend 2: .......etc.

Open class of course and collecting championships points during weekends.... Nascar system or this one for Go Karts is quite OK, that even guys with 700SQ and some determination can score...

Also, no need to race every week with same cars... like in SRO. Just... to have some more difficoult challenges with leaderboards and championships points. Also, no need for some special prizes... maybee only top 10 at the end of season...or free car or something.

So? Anyone something to add?

#11 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Nice ideas dimagico.

I am thinking it would be good to run some other cars too, possibly a shorter season but slightly longer races (maybe lasting 30mins each race)

so an example:

Car: BMW Z4 GT3 

Tack: Zandvoort

Lap times expected: 1 minute 40 ish (see this event for reference)

Race Length: Google Says 20 Laps would equate to around 30 mins of racing.

It would be good if tyre wear and fuel usage was on and a single mandatory pit-stop for added complications ;)

I think I'd personally prefer to stick with the same car throughout a championship. Or maybe at least same category, so all the GT3 cars would be cool. It just adds a little to the realism for me. I wouldn't want it quite like the SRO in terms of any race car each week. I would even enjoy a season of street cars like the Evo, Supra, Cosworth etc. would be cool and give the less finanically fortunate a chance to have a go.

SRW Leagues

#12 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Yeah, I'm completely into the idea of having some kind of "championship season" without the kart (I just hate the way it drives, IMHO).

I'd say a class of cars would be better and have like, an SRO set time for a race each week. This way it would feel more official than people doing laps at random times.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: karting, championship, event, league

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users