Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

I refuse to give up on Simraceway, no matter what

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#1382 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 133 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

:o, not only you :)

#1383 mixfede

mixfede

Novice

• 10 posts
  • LocationSanta Fe, Argentina

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:12 PM

:( :o :( :huh: :mellow:  ... no words ... Think the best for you .... Todo Pasa....

#1384 jacko

jacko

Seasoned

• 94 posts
  • Locationtownsvliie queensland australia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 02:44 AM

just tried events and found they are not working today practise is ok but whenyou go into event and pick a car it dose not let you race .

B)

#1385 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 670 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Hi Jacko, I tried the events a minute ago and they worked for me.

#1386 jacko

jacko

Seasoned

• 94 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:26 AM

its working now but my wheel has decided to have a hissyfit but all,s fine downunder :blink:

#1387 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 670 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:11 AM

good talking to ya on discord Jacko !

#1388 jacko

jacko

Seasoned

• 94 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

like wise fett really good iv got joystick working so back to turning a wheel :rolleyes:

#1389 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 670 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:24 AM

Hey there is still some fun to be had here.  Jacko and I raced and talked on discord so it's fun as sheet.

#1390 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 193 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:31 AM

I just want to say this in the best way possible, any "keyboard warriors" and "pc patrol" needs to calm down a little.
This from what i see since day one and beyond and i honestly thank everyone who supported me, raced with me, and put up with my nonsense since i was young and my mind was poisoned but we grow and learn.
I wanted to find out if there was an IndyCar game in 2012 with the new release of the DW12, and i came across SRW and thier plans for an IndyCar game (which i still don't know much about whether or not it's a seprate game), and this was the first Sim to have the dallara DW12. I registered, entered my Username and also entered my license plate (remeber the license plate gimmick?) and during my first days i've seen many interesting things from the 1/10,000 price method to buy cars to test drive tuesday and the evo challenge to go to sonoma and get a three day pdc session. I saw big crowds to fill out the max field of 16 at the quick races and at the main events. As the weeks go buy we see major events like the USGP challenge at COTA, the first RTTW and SRO (remember that watkins race?) also the community from the old getsat forum and the chat was very generous a great crew of admins and simracers helping everyone and pulling inside jokes. We also saw many things to come from track and car previews, monthy championships, and skillquant. We finally got multicar racing going, a better system of downloading, more events, and track days. I was so invested in SRW i wanted to know more from what was Ignite GT who was the CEO and the Origins of SRW which the details are very messy and i'll leave it at that. But to shift gears we notice cuts in admins, cuts in money paying events and the often scary SSI certificate shutdown. Fans started to notice and many started to leave for itacing, assetto corsa, rfactor2 and many others. Also SRW was barley mentioned in Radio LeMans, Drive from Youtube, any race in Sonoma, etc. by that point only srw was pretty much a shadow of it's former self, very much like a flash in a pan it is what it is. I'll tell you this cause all parties haved moved on and if they something to say to me, then go ahead i really don't care. There was some of srw groups on other chats that has grown very suspicious of what has happend to srw from bashing the owner to blaming it the orgins from rfactor to guys like empty box and other youtubers and twitch streamers stating the obvious problems with srw. So with that going on amd so many other things inside srw there was also the VirtualR article which created this very thread. So by 2014 i "left" srw just because of personal issues and working, but i always kept eyeing whatever was going on in srw in guerrila position to this day. wether it's going to the chat for one second withone anyone noticing to looking at this thread. So far while noting major has happend as of 2017 SRW is still alive and the regular faces are still there in srw. Cossacco you are very much the true owner and savior of this sim and i thank you for giving everyone that chance to try SRW even when the major players left and it's not like what it was before. Everyone else racing there A great job to you for racing on SRW no matter what like Fetta, Jacko, and Boli just to name a few. Also to Ragster where ever you are out there, God Bless... your a great man and I'm glad to know you.
So as we head into 2018, 2019, and so on, SRW is still alive cause the PDC remains obviously, the real life F3 summer and winter series are still running as the Only Formula 3 series in the United States. The sim for others still needs a lot of love to be accessbel for gamers and racers. As far as returning to what it was in 2012-2013, I don't know cause i'm not in that position to say it. But one thing that I do know is srw is still alive and there are people still racing in srw. But what does the future hold for srw and simracing in general is still unknown.
I'll still keep on watching from the outside, and a reminder to everyone in general, in the picture.

Attached Files

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#1391 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 133 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 04 July 2017 - 04:28 PM

Hi Lone, nice to see that you are still around :) .

Well, idk about other groups, even that one on FB was a flash, only the name had to do with SRW. And about all those great players that you talk, most of them at least some, were here only for the money. As soon as the CEO put a plug on it they just disappear, not to be seen again.

And yes, I have other racing games but they just don't feel home, they are not SRW.

And about you sneaking on the web chat, I've spotted you several times but you were too fast, when I talked to you you were just gone :) .

#1392 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 670 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

Always good to see familiar faces !

:D

#1393 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

Ok, so I know for a fact that if we only get a proper chance to, we will be able to rebuild this. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#1394 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 229 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 July 2017 - 06:31 PM

Ok, so I know for a fact that if we only get a proper chance to, we will be able to rebuild this. 

I'd like that.

I keep running when I can in whatever you are able to put up because I enjoy the cars and it doesn't cost me anything.

I recently achieved a small personal milestone in this game...*

After almost 5 years the winnings and credits I've accumulated meant that I broke even against the money I paid in to buy the cars I wanted! This may not mean anything to anyone else, but I'm happy. :)

*This assumes that these two events ever get paid out...

https://www.simracew...11184?locale=en

https://www.simracew...11188?locale=en

Coss, if you keep posting events I'll keep coming back.

Now, it may be selfish to ask for more in the circumstances, but I do miss some cars (I know I could practice, but that doesn't gain credits) and wish for some more variety in what's offered. That said, I do understand that you, Coss, want to keep putting out what are probably the most popular cars to attract the most players.

#1395 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 02:49 PM

I'd like that.

I keep running when I can in whatever you are able to put up because I enjoy the cars and it doesn't cost me anything.

I recently achieved a small personal milestone in this game...*

After almost 5 years the winnings and credits I've accumulated meant that I broke even against the money I paid in to buy the cars I wanted! This may not mean anything to anyone else, but I'm happy. :)

*This assumes that these two events ever get paid out...

https://www.simracew...11184?locale=en

https://www.simracew...11188?locale=en

Coss, if you keep posting events I'll keep coming back.

Now, it may be selfish to ask for more in the circumstances, but I do miss some cars (I know I could practice, but that doesn't gain credits) and wish for some more variety in what's offered. That said, I do understand that you, Coss, want to keep putting out what are probably the most popular cars to attract the most players.

Sorry Rolo, we need to wait for the current background work to be finished, before I'll be able to switch things up or add new ones  :( Thanks for the support and congratulations on your achievement, it's really cool to see, especially now!  :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#1396 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 670 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 08 July 2017 - 10:05 PM

Several things amaze me.  Coss ain't got no "give up" in him and that is wonderful.  Also there are a bunch of racers here that are still hanging on with the hope this thing will come back to life in some form, that too is wonderful.  Best of luck to Coss and all of those who refuse to give up on this.  SRW is the most fun of any " game " I have ever taken part in and I really enjoy the community as much as the racing experience.  Also I find it very encouraging that Coss mentions that there is someone working in the background on the game.  All crossed fingers.  Cheers all !

#1397 jacko

jacko

Seasoned

• 94 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 04:08 AM

hip hip horray let there be light at the end off the tunnel :rolleyes:

#1398 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 10 July 2017 - 07:29 PM

Hi all,
It's been a long time, the game is still active ?
Coss you are always in the staff ?
See you all

Arckeo 72

#1399 clark10

clark10

Semi-Pro

• 171 posts
  • LocationChampagne - France

Posted 10 July 2017 - 10:43 PM

I have still "some" money on my account waiting for new cars !!!! ;-) 

crossed fingers too

Thank you Boli to keep the SRW player spirit alive

keep pushing Coss

cheers

SQ : 922 / Miles raced : 83 682 / Car owned : 118 / Favorite : Maserati Tipo Birdcage

Member since 2008. My car collection  : http://bit.ly/1JcnCdQ

#1400 jacko

jacko

Seasoned

• 94 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:43 AM

well fett and i had a good hour of raceing at cardwell to day so there is still some enjoyment to be had while we wait. keep up the good work coss its appreaciated . :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :blink: :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users