• Locationtownsvliie queensland australia

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:20 AM

yes well its up butttttttt ????havent got a clue what im trying to do :wacko:

#1302 lowestlvl

lowestlvl

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:12 AM

welp. reinstalling the game fixed whatever was causing the my problem with the service not running. now i have to contend with the download manager that persistently crashes / hangs / service unreachable.

and the game that freezes on exit. but at last i can crap drift limerock in an 86 again lol.

#1303 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 11:06 AM

Hey guys, I just came by to say hallo and read a little through the "news"

I was very moved and I still believe in SRWs comeback.

Very interesting fact is, that since SRW was down after the last LiveChamps, I started playing some other driving sims..... BUT after some time I totally stopped. In fact I did not play any driving sims in a couple of months now.

There is this feeling you know, when playing other sim and then always comes back this nostalgic feelings about srw, srw chat, hotlapping, championships etc. and I still miss the Skillquants.

The other games have such a stupid way of handling races, that I just do not like them. I also miss the McLarens and other great cars, which were in SRW.

When I personally meet with Ingange and Majomhus, we always get to say some words about SRW and how we miss it, despite having all of this bunch of ther sims.

It is just not the same.

So... to keep it short. My hopes are all up. If there is a rebuild or comeback  - I will be back too and I think some other friends will be glad to come back also.

Lets make SRW great again ;) - lets make it clear:

There is still no SIM like SRW  and its Team of people who were creating some memorable moments for us, while organising some great champs.

Sometimes I just make myself a cup of coffe, sit down in my chair and watch this:

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#1304 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 629 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

Here now, what's this all about anyway ?

http://www.fark.com/...-an-aporkalypse

headline title is " Relax everyone. There won't be an aporkalypse "

Just saw this and was laughing

#1305 jackd23

jackd23

Contributor

• 3 posts
  • LocationNeuwied, Germany

Posted 05 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

I left this game in disappointment about 3 years and 10 months ago, can't say that I'm surprised to find it dead now. And with no new content worth 4 years of time. I guess they wrapped this up long ago. It's more expected than anything, I'm afraid.

A stupid pricing model for the cars, and next to no freedom of choice in multiplayer. The game is fun until you're looking for more than oval racing with the Evo X, but find only pre-created multiplayer events to push car sales, and no people to play with because they can't drop $1,000 on the content.

Rest in peace you failed business model. And now I'll probably get flayed  :rolleyes:

Alcohol goes well with everything, except decisions.

#1306 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 629 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:44 PM

Actually now you get all content for free. :)

#1307 lowestlvl

lowestlvl

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 05:11 PM

and the agent broke again. rofl

#1308 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 125 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:56 PM

The agent works ok, why are you saying it is broke?

Unless you have used the patched version, if so you need the original one or it will not work.

#1309 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,776 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 07:27 PM

I left this game in disappointment about 3 years and 10 months ago, can't say that I'm surprised to find it dead now. And with no new content worth 4 years of time. I guess they wrapped this up long ago. It's more expected than anything, I'm afraid.

A stupid pricing model for the cars, and next to no freedom of choice in multiplayer. The game is fun until you're looking for more than oval racing with the Evo X, but find only pre-created multiplayer events to push car sales, and no people to play with because they can't drop $1,000 on the content.

Rest in peace you failed business model. And now I'll probably get flayed  :rolleyes:

Ok, just one question: could you explain how did you calculate that $1000? All of Simraceway's content that's for sale, which is only cars, because you never had to pay for any of the tracks, is about half of that ($500) and you could also get it in a bundle, for less than a third of that, so $299. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#1310 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 629 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:35 AM

I left this game in disappointment ....

really nobody here is here to flay you.  Just to race and have fun.

#1311 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 125 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

I think he was looking to make some around here...

The game it is fine and as we say in Portugal, only will be missed the ones that are playing it, the ones that aren't won't be....

#1312 quillion

quillion

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted Today, 12:25 PM

Well, I was bored yesterday, so I went looking for some old games I used to play....I logged in to SRW and boom, its working, lovely :D

I never knew of this, you really should send out a bulk email, informing old players :D

downloading now, wish me luck :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users