1360 replies to this topic

#1 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 10:34 AM

I've been at SRW about 9 months now and quite enjoyed myself here.

But lately things haven't seemed quite the same here. Not long ago we got this great new forum and things seems to be heading in a good direction. 

Events at one time to total between 70 or so and sometimes drop into the low 40's but would then soon increase probably averaging around the 50's. A few weeks a ago I made a post about this because the events had dropped to 21 and at the moment we are at 33 (6 of which are RTTW). I also mentioned in this post the fact that people who have spent money on some cars that don't seem to get used very much.

Other things such as TDT, come 08:00 (GMT) the car was there straight away, when new cars were released they also appeared quite early in the day, now they seem to be turning up later in the day, with new cars quite often turning up very late.

On the press page they love to use images of the Audi R15 and the great video of this car - but that video is now over a year old and where's the car?

Some new cars released over recent weeks have been great bit's of work such as the Bentley Speed 8, but then some like the SLS AMG and Mini Cooper Works have had poor quality interiors.

Although individually these things may seem small together they just make it feel like things are going a bit downhill. Are SRW are either trying to stretch themselves too far or do they lack enough staff? Also the organization seems to be a lacking a bit to me, such as the error with bringing in the new SQ levels for Hot Laps and not even telling anyone about it. 

We recently got the side mirrors added to the external views, but all the HUD times and info go over the top of these so they are not of great use.

I don't know but to me all this adds up to lack of confidences from the customers and lack of confidence mean that people will be cautious with their money and surely people putting money into this game is what keeps things going?

Maybe I'm seeing things wrong or maybe there are grand plans being worked on which is why things have been lacking a bit, I just hope SRW is going in the right direction to enable it's customer base to grow and the game to prosper as I enjoy racing here.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#2 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:31 PM

feeling more or less the same as you, been here now roughly 8 to 9 months and I really enjoy my time here. I put quite a few bucks in this game and I still feel the money was well spent. There are some cars I would like to get my hands on but I hesitate to put more money in right now.

Like Tbolt mentioned its the small stuff that annoys.

- random game crash when exiting QR or Event (tried everything I could think of, but I can not get rid of it completely)

- no virtual mirrors in Cockpit Cam (I play with FOV 40 and a single screen)

- HUD overlays the virtual mirror

- adjusting the steering lock again and again and again...

- I have to reload the EVO every time I want to enter an event with it (QR is fine, tried the fix from the forum many times, it works sometimes but after second restart its back to redownloading

-validating game date also occurs more or less random but quite often (every third time)

-playing without "Speedtrees" to get a decent FPS rate on some tracks (WG and Brno)

I know that I can probably fix most of the issues I mentioned on my end, but all my other games work just fine, even buggy stuff like Fallout 3.

Events, I thought quite some time about how to make things a bit more interesting.

Atm the events we have all run quite a long time which is is okay. I would like to spice things up little bit by adding some shorter ones. I will just give an example.

Challenge BMW M3 GT2

Laguna Seca 15 Laps

open for everyone, short price tail 2$, 1$, 1$, 1$

event duration: 4 days, maximum 7 days

The thought behind is to get more variety and a faster rotation in the events and with the short price tail you still have be reasonably quick to get money.

Doing challenges with the F3 and the 1M should also be a good idea, it gives people who just started the game a bit room to improve themselves without the carnage of the QR`s.

other stuff that annoyed, the forum being down more than 2 days without explanation and the lack of SRW staff??. I mean Cossacco is online sth like 16hours a day but other than him I didn`t see many other SRW people.It is not a big deal if there is no staff online, we won`t burn the place down or do anything stupid but seeing the presence they had a few months ago and now makes me a little bit worried.

To end this on the good side of things, the new tracks Assen and ACC are very well done, especially Assen has some nice graphics. Bring on the GT3 update and I will forget most of the stuff that annoys me right now.

thx for reading

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#3 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Thanks for this post, Tbolt. Good and honest feedback here - very appreciated.  :)

Situations that you noticed on the Events side - my responsibility. Huge part of it was that during the last 2 months we have gone through many major changes in the events system. Starting with updates affecting the multi car area, through updates to the events creation and lately introducing a revolutionary Skillquant sharding. That was a very intensive period of time for this department.

As much as most of them were very valuable for Simraceway's future, a process flow from previous months was affected and what you saw was basically a transformation to new things. I'm working on it and please give me a little more time to smoothen this surface.

Having said the above, I want to ask you to continue pushing  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:38 PM

KKND, the update got in yesterday! Right now there are multiple events using the GT3 cars, both Quick Races and Hot Laps with prizes. Check them out and post your opinion in related car threads please.  :)

By the way, I am just going to publish the update notes.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:40 PM

KKND, the update got in yesterday! Right now there are multiple events using the GT3 cars, both Quick Races and Hot Laps with prizes. Check them out and post your opinion in related car threads please.  :)

By the way, I am just going to publish the update notes.

i finished writing the post here, reloaded the forum and got quite a nice surprise :)

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#6 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for this post, Tbolt. Good and honest feedback here - very appreciated.  :)

Situations that you noticed on the Events side - my responsibility. Huge part of it was that during the last 2 months we have gone through many major changes in the events system. Starting with updates affecting the multi car area, through updates to the events creation and lately introducing a revolutionary Skillquant sharding. That was a very intensive period of time for this department.

As much as most of them were very valuable for Simraceway's future, a process flow from previous months was affected and what you saw was basically a transformation to new things. I'm working on it and please give me a little more time to smoothen this surface.

Having said the above, I want to ask you to continue pushing  :)

Thanks for the reply Cossacco. I think the problem is with some of it is not knowing what is going on - we don't expect any secrets but sometimes just a simple explanation of a what's going on helps people understand why maybe something hasn't been done yet.

Enjoying the GT3's!

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#7 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Yeah lack of staff is most noticable. I have not recived a single payment in over a month although i take part in most hotlaps and always finish atleast in the final money spots. Also the request to withdraw some money has not been responded to in a very long time aswell...

As mentioned above, such delays make everyone very hesitating. And then you look at things like the SRW facebook page having 600k+ likes, yet there are 50-100 people online... managment of the money system and making it as smooth and instant as possible is very neccesary to give this game some legitimacy for the average player, and you must remember it is the main attraction point of this game which differents it from others.

- Launger

#8 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

Yeah lack of staff is most noticable. I have not recived a single payment in over a month although i take part in most hotlaps and always finish atleast in the final money spots. Also the request to withdraw some money has not been responded to in a very long time aswell...

As mentioned above, such delays make everyone very hesitating. And then you look at things like the SRW facebook page having 600k+ likes, yet there are 50-100 people online... managment of the money system and making it as smooth and instant as possible is very neccesary to give this game some legitimacy for the average player, and you must remember it is the main attraction point of this game which differents it from others.

Good that you mentioned this, Risto. All prize payouts in queue (regular events and Race-Offs), along with withdrawal requests will be processed within the next week. We are on it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#9 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 28 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm a long time member (2011). I've been away for a few months but I will say the game seems less friendly to new players now, and aside from the race to the weekend nothing much in to keep the old racers.  Back when I played a lot a few months ago everything you did online gave credits, that is no longer the case. Also, Karting was a good foot in the door for players to earn credits and start to really experience the game, no longer the case with the new credit system making karting weak in terms of gaining credits.

So the problem for a new player is that the game makes it difficult for them to progress at a decent pace and then you have all these great expensive cars on offer (that realistically have to be paid for with money) but nobody to race them against. Quick Races : Still for me consist of half a lap racing at most a handful of drivers, half of which quit before the first lap is over and then driving around on my own.

When I do hotlap events here I can always get the top 10 easily, within just a couple of laps. Not because I'm really good but because there just aren't enough people doing the events.  You have so much car content in the game and nothing really to use them with. The problem you have here is that the game expects too much work of a new player to get them hooked, and leaves players with very little other than hotlapping with quality content.

The content itself is quality, the cars are great and the tracks are awesome but you're just missing the game. Players can't create their own racing leagues, or drive the cars they want with their friends. There isn't any kind of single player game either and still the game is sitting in this nomans land of being a purely online racer consisting of hotlapping events and quick races that for the most part nobody even does, you have the race to the weekend as the only real opportunity to race.

The game is lacking players, and it's lacking players because it's not attractive enough as a game for people to play. A lot of the hardcore sim racing community enjoy racing in leagues. They do this on iRacing, Gran Turismo, Forza, F1 2012, Rfactor, Race 07 etc etc but they can't do it on Simraceway. A lot of the GT/Forza crowd appreciate some form of single player game, livery customisation and the ability to just cruise the cars they want with their friends, but they can't do it on Simraceway.

Like I said, the content is awesome and you have a lot of it, you just need more game for people to play.

#10 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

I'm a long time member (2011). I've been away for a few months but I will say the game seems less friendly to new players now, and aside from the race to the weekend nothing much in to keep the old racers.  Back when I played a lot a few months ago everything you did online gave credits, that is no longer the case. Also, Karting was a good foot in the door for players to earn credits and start to really experience the game, no longer the case with the new credit system making karting weak in terms of gaining credits.

So the problem for a new player is that the game makes it difficult for them to progress at a decent pace and then you have all these great expensive cars on offer (that realistically have to be paid for with money) but nobody to race them against. Quick Races : Still for me consist of half a lap racing at most a handful of drivers, half of which quit before the first lap is over and then driving around on my own.

When I do hotlap events here I can always get the top 10 easily, within just a couple of laps. Not because I'm really good but because there just aren't enough people doing the events.  You have so much car content in the game and nothing really to use them with. The problem you have here is that the game expects too much work of a new player to get them hooked, and leaves players with very little other than hotlapping with quality content.

The content itself is quality, the cars are great and the tracks are awesome but you're just missing the game. Players can't create their own racing leagues, or drive the cars they want with their friends. There isn't any kind of single player game either and still the game is sitting in this nomans land of being a purely online racer consisting of hotlapping events and quick races that for the most part nobody even does, you have the race to the weekend as the only real opportunity to race.

The game is lacking players, and it's lacking players because it's not attractive enough as a game for people to play. A lot of the hardcore sim racing community enjoy racing in leagues. They do this on iRacing, Gran Turismo, Forza, F1 2012, Rfactor, Race 07 etc etc but they can't do it on Simraceway. A lot of the GT/Forza crowd appreciate some form of single player game, livery customisation and the ability to just cruise the cars they want with their friends, but they can't do it on Simraceway.

Like I said, the content is awesome and you have a lot of it, you just need more game for people to play.

Everyone at SRW should read this. Bigbazz has done a wonderful job of expressing what a lot of us but more importantly people that are new or have left SRW are feeling. Some of us have even started leagues/ teams/championships and have come up with some creative ways to make things work and add a different element to the SIM. We are more than willing to help SRW but we need some help from SRW to actually turn them into something.

David

Race2Win

#11 Cote_Dazur

Cote_Dazur

Novice

• 33 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:12 PM

The content itself is quality, the cars are great and the tracks are awesome but you're just missing the game. Players can't create their own racing leagues, or drive the cars they want with their friends. 

well said, 100% agreement here. :)

#12 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

So it's a little over a month since I made this post and I can't say I'm happy with the way things are going.

Today there is a total of 13 events, not just for me to enter in my class, 13 on all classes. There's only 5 events I can enter in the Advanced class and that's only because I happen to own all the cars for all the events running at the moment, anyone with a lot less cars must be wondering what there is to do in this game. When thing seemed to be running well around here we didn't often drop below 40 events.

Also I'm still waiting for prize payouts, the oldest is now approximately 70 days old that I'm waiting for, before money was usually paid out around 30 or so days after the event finished.

To me as someone who doesn't know what's going on behind the doors at SRW it just appears that it's being badly run at the moment, I'm not saying it is but that's how it appears, it just doesn't feel the quality supported product that it use to be and that doesn't inspire confidence on the people playing this game and if people are not confident in the product then they are not going to put money into it.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#13 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

So it's a little over a month since I made this post and I can't say I'm happy with the way things are going.

Today there is a total of 13 events, not just for me to enter in my class, 13 on all classes. There's only 5 events I can enter in the Advanced class and that's only because I happen to own all the cars for all the events running at the moment, anyone with a lot less cars must be wondering what there is to do in this game. When thing seemed to be running well around here we didn't often drop below 40 events.

Also I'm still waiting for prize payouts, the oldest is now approximately 70 days old that I'm waiting for, before money was usually paid out around 30 or so days after the event finished.

To me as someone who doesn't know what's going on behind the doors at SRW it just appears that it's being badly run at the moment, I'm not saying it is but that's how it appears, it just doesn't feel the quality supported product that it use to be and that doesn't inspire confidence on the people playing this game and if people are not confident in the product then they are not going to put money into it.

i think new events will be added later on, also new karting champs. There is also GT3 champs in the making and probably indy as well, so..  there is some progress i think. As far as payouts.... SRO events was payed just recently, but i dunno about other events...

#14 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

i think new events will be added later on, also new karting champs. There is also GT3 champs in the making and probably indy as well, so.. there is some progress i think. As far as payouts.... SRO events was payed just recently, but i dunno about other events...

That maybe so but it feels like things are going downhill. We know there has been a reduction in the staff at SRW and it seems like its effecting the game adversely, like there's not really enough staff to run things properly.

One of the draws of this game is it's great support from the staff, whether it be by chat in the game on the forum but you still need enough staff to do this and develop and organize the game. I believe if they struggle to do all this the game will have a hard time surviving.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#15 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

i have been a member of SRW since the start. i understand why s uch a topic is beeing brought up. but my experience with SRW has luckily always been: "quiet before the storm". SRW ha s lacked passing on certain amounts of information about progress etc. but on the other hand them not telling, means they have all options at any time. if they announce something and not make the announced date, they get grilled. i have all the faith they are going strong with all progress we want them to make. at the moment im sure patience is the best bet and SRW will come around and surprise us once again.

i dont think more chat/forum CSR is needed, other then a relief for the once active now. more important to me is the amount/quality of staff behind the scenes... like engeneers etc. more the technical stuff.

i would take part in user generated sereis, and it gives SRW a trial run at things. but im 100% sure SRW has good things to come in that perspective. any series sim-producer would have Series/Championships as their top tear of content and show. so im sure we will enjoy official championships sooner then later.... yet again... like einstein said: time is relative :D

#16 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:36 AM

just one thing to add. For month now we are beging for more challenges in events section. Hotlaping is totaly boring. I mean... it´s fun to run one session and then you allready know where is your limit. To searchin that second or tenth sometimes, takes a week. Well..boring! On the other side we have, what? few go kart races and SRO which allready contains hotlaping in prequalys... lucky it goes just for two days.

But really, guys at SRW. Can you change this structure in near future? We want more challenges.. probably few of them at least hour long. Is that so difficoult?...instead of two Saleens for 3 weeks on same track... alone! :huh: :unsure:

#17 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hot Laps are good, They're a form of practising (form of earning $$ too)away from QR destruction derbies. I enjoy them. I'd choose hot lapping over QR or challenges every time.

#18 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:40 PM

Hot Laps are good, They're a form of practising (form of earning $$ too)away from QR destruction derbies. I enjoy them. I'd choose hot lapping over QR or challenges every time.

sure,sure. You can keep hotlaping if you want, but we want at least 50/50 spread! We can make poll if you want...

#19 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

I love hot lapping, some car/track combinations I can do it all day long, where as some others I can get bored quickly. I also enjoy Challenges (That "24 hour" R18 event at Daytona road was great fun) I do agree though that we need more Challenge events.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#20 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

This is a post that I never wanted to write, but I feel as if I have to. I'm losing interest in this sim due to one major annoyance - the memory allocation bug -that has been preventing many players, not just myself from running in just about any multi-car event or one make race with any more than 8-10 cars, even when running on the lowest graphics settings (as an aside, I can run 20+ multi-car fields on iRacing, rFactor, Formula Truck, GTR2, Race 07, etc - many of these games running the same ISI gMotor2 engine - at around 60 FPS with no memory errors at either full or high settings).

As much as I'd love to recommend this sim to some of my sim-racing friends, I sadly can't at this stage, partly because of the bug and partly because I'd have a tough time convincing them that Simraceway is not going to close soon (thanks VirtualR! :angry:). I'm even considering leaving SRW for a while if the bug isn't resolved soon... it's already been 3 months since it first popped up. I'll stay until the end of the year, and if it isn't fixed by then I might end up taking an extended break from the sim until it is resolved.

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users