Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 35 (Skillquant)

srwrttw35 srwsro35 skillquant sq happy

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:56 PM

Do you guys want to make it a multi car race? I'm trying to understand how would that idea work.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I don't think what they want is a multicar race, but more like "2 choices". Basically you still have 6 races, but the first 3 are with the evo and the other 3 with the other car. They don't race at the same moment, but a user can choose which one to use, and that will decide where he'll race, so we could have:

- 500-700 SQ EVO

- 700-900 SQ EVO

- 900-1100 SQ EVO

- 500-700 SQ OTHER CAR

- 700-900 SQ OTHER CAR

- 900-1100 SQ OTHER CAR

still 6 races, but wider range of cars used (sort of like when we had A, B and EVO if you think about it, as it's EVO + car that changes)

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#23 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

I don't really agree with this thing of two cars and joining SQ levels...i think the 6 levels are great, and we could see that in last week, if we start joining them we will be back to begginner, intermediate and advanced.

My opinion is that if SRW want't the Evo X so anyone can race, well, so assume that Race-Offs will be with Evos forever, nothing against, but what is a must in this game is that we need other challenge, just 1 per week seems a little quantity for a game...but i understand the game still a beta and is hard to have staff available for more things...

whwn i was practicing to the RTTW, i had an idea, it would be ccol to launch with this topic every week a video with the car and track of the challenge, a clean lap, so everyone could see and save some time only learning the track by themselves, something simple, like this, it's just a suggestion ;)

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#24 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yes, so the problem with that idea is that ranges get wider and we move away from the biggest advantage of new system - the ability to tighten these ranges and try to make the groups as competitive as possible. To be honest, I would like to go even tighter than 100, but we need more participants.

In future, once the word about the system is spread and we get more liquidity in these events, we'll definitely extend this event and increase variety.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#25 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I don't think what they want is a multicar race, but more like "2 choices". Basically you still have 6 races, but the first 3 are with the evo and the other 3 with the other car. They don't race at the same moment, but a user can choose which one to use, and that will decide where he'll race, so we could have:

- 500-700 SQ EVO

- 700-900 SQ EVO

- 900-1100 SQ EVO

- 500-700 SQ OTHER CAR

- 700-900 SQ OTHER CAR

- 900-1100 SQ OTHER CAR

still 6 races, but wider range of cars used (sort of like when we had A, B and EVO if you think about it, as it's EVO + car that changes)

Yes, that's how I would make it.

#26 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:38 AM

No don't join us 900's up with the 1000's that would negate the whole point of SQ's for me. We'd largely be back markers again or not get a chance to race.

At first I groaned when I saw it was the Evo again but after much thought, I feel at this stage adding more cars and shortening the evening is not the way to go. It is still in its infancy so we need to keep things simple for now. I am patient enough to sit it through and I'm sure the races will get to be more varied / more cars etc later.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#27 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:53 AM

i think ...as i said before. 900SQ and 1000+SQ is a difference 1-1,5sec. per lap in any condition. So much slower are we 900-ish guys. So...if you want to keep those 2 classes together...well...900 guys will never be on grid for sundays race. :huh:

(now i just need one Peppinho to answer me: go drive NFS then!) <_<

#28 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

i think ...as i said before. 900SQ and 1000+SQ is a difference 1-1,5sec. per lap in any condition. So much slower are we 900-ish guys. So...if you want to keep those 2 classes together...well...900 guys will never be on grid for sundays race. :huh:

go drive NFS then........ :wacko:

hehehehehehehhhheehehehe :lol:

#29 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

About the SQ,Dimitris time is 1:41.2 and that's the 4 place for now in the 1000,and thats not the first time Dimitris did an amazing time,I do not know Dimitris range of SQ but mine is 1004,and instead of driving with the big boys I should  maybe lower my SQ and battle in a the 900 class so I can be first but my fried brain doesnt allow me to do that in any possible way,instead  I am giving all that I have to be in the 1000 category e for now I am here in the top 14 and I am freakishly happy about that :D  

#30 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I don't really agree with this thing of two cars and joining SQ levels...i think the 6 levels are great, and we could see that in last week, if we start joining them we will be back to begginner, intermediate and advanced.

My opinion is that if SRW want't the Evo X so anyone can race, well, so assume that Race-Offs will be with Evos forever, nothing against, but what is a must in this game is that we need other challenge, just 1 per week seems a little quantity for a game...but i understand the game still a beta and is hard to have staff available for more things...

whwn i was practicing to the RTTW, i had an idea, it would be ccol to launch with this topic every week a video with the car and track of the challenge, a clean lap, so everyone could see and save some time only learning the track by themselves, something simple, like this, it's just a suggestion ;)

Thanks for preparing the video  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#31 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

About the SQ,Dimitris time is 1:41.2 and that's the 4 place for now in the 1000,and thats not the first time Dimitris did an amazing time,I do not know Dimitris range of SQ but mine is 1004,and instead of driving with the big boys I should  maybe lower my SQ and battle in a the 900 class so I can be first but my fried brain doesnt allow me to do that in any possible way,instead  I am giving all that I have to be in the 1000 category e for now I am here in the top 14 and I am freakishly happy about that :D  

well, as far as i see...top category is allready very competitive, and should deserve own race. SQ 1000+ ...at least 20-25 very much top racers there. So...then comes that 900-1000SQ category, which is even  more crowded... easy to fill competitive grid as well. So...as i said...that top class 900-1100...too much drivers who would want to race for just 14 spots! just my two cents...

#32 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

It's not a matter of gaps...if you need aids, go drive NFS then. Is it clear now?I'm certainly not the fastest man here, but surely i don't use aids to stay on track.

#33 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

it´s not worth commenting anything what you say, because apparently you are living in some different world. It was explained to you dozen of times, but you still don´t get it. You think SRW is just made for you (and 20 other super drivers)... and the rest of us no matters at all. Let me tell you something pale... SRW best costumers are in range 700-1000... those are ppl who probably invest some buck into the game and expect at least some satisfaction back. Would that be that 1$ of prize... or whatever...they invest into cars etc. While you... well...probably this is your job by the looks of it. If you would be able...you would go into beginners class to earn buck or two... and still you said last time that you get bored driving SRW. So...why you do it then? And why you disrespect others... who maybee cannot master the cars on track, but surely they are better people...

p.s. probably thats why SRW invented SQ (which doesnt work best for now)... otherwise why so many classes. One open for everyone is Peppinhos logic...

#34 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

Dimagico, you shouldn't blame him for entering both classes to increase the odds of winning something. It was SRW's fault that it was possible and they've changed it now.

Peppinho, if you have a problem with drivers using assists, you are free to open a new thread and suggest SRW to remove the assists from the game.

#35 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

Lance, i have not a real problem with anyone who uses aids. I was explaining my point of view against that democratic vision of competing, which is supported here by lot of people to win prize moneys. Each of us is free to play games or simulate driving, but none can claim a simdriving trophy while using driving aids. Where are driving skills?That's the point of my discussion.

#36 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

But you sound like you feel cheated if someone wins and uses assist for it.

#37 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:44 PM

100SQ point FOR SALE...

#38 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

But you sound like you feel cheated if someone wins and uses assist for it.

I don't feel damaged for this, because assists make slower any SRW car, but  a lot of people here prefer to complete one lap easily rather than improve their skills. It is obvious that SRW would never cancel aids from events. And this is a respectable commercial purpose.

#39 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

Lance, i have not a real problem with anyone who uses aids. I was explaining my point of view against that democratic vision of competing, which is supported here by lot of people to win prize moneys. Each of us is free to play games or simulate driving, but none can claim a simdriving trophy while using driving aids. Where are driving skills?That's the point of my discussion.

for those who needs aids, SRW created intermediate event, comprende? yet... you master car without aids, wining top prizes...and i mean top!...in expert/advance....yet you have no brake in head going into event for those who uses aids.... and snatch their prizes. That´s the mother of problem, but you typing something completely else....

#40 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 08:24 PM

anyway...back to topic! What Dimitris can do with keyboard.. is just... :o B) :blink:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw35, srwsro35, skillquant, sq, happy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users