f35_sharp.jpg?1342810375

f35_rear.jpg?1342810374

Top Speed: 192 MPH
0-60: 2.2 Seconds
Horsepower: 480 @ 8500 RPM
Torque: 325 @ 7000 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Sequential
Drivetrain: RWD

The powerful single-seater certainly featured many of the bells and whistles previously only found on mega-bucks Formula One racers, including a semi-automatic sequential-shift gearbox, steering-mounted paddle shifters, and carbon brakes. By the time this second-generation car arrived in 2008, it also sported a 480-bhp Renault-badged Nissan V6 beneath its Dallara-built carbon-fiber monocoque, while a series of aerodynamic tweaks during the subsequent three years succeeded in improving its performance still further, reducing drag and increasing downforce.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the F 3.5 in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:18 AM

Reading the updates

his update has addressed the following areas of Renault Formula 3.5:

Thanks to Renault for real specification of that car

• Added the real aero map for coefficent of drag and downforce, now the car match exactly the real one in termns of 
    downforce and drag at low wing and high wing setting, keeping the correct balance front % (42 to 38) in pitch movement of the chassis.The car produce now  3000lb of downforce at 200mph with max wing setting and approsimatvly 2400lb at 200mph at minimum wing setting.
    This amount of downforce give you the effect of the car stick to the road ad high speed but as every formula is not that easy to drive in slow speed corner. The cornering force now is exactly like the real one, approximatvly around 3.7G with an impressive deceleration of 3.8G
  • Added new engine specification for 2013 season
  • Corrected the weight to 2013 season spec
  • New tire physic Slick Formula
  • Added real information of the differential (Dallara suggest default diff setting 100% power and 30% coast)
  • Added Launch control (mandatory)
  • Completly new setup for the car, now it use correctly only the third element on front
  • Added real values for spring, shocks and antiroll bar 
  • New brakes physics and brakes ducts cooling physics

Why did you change the specs of the 2011 car to the 2013 specs? That makes no sense :mellow:

#3 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

Please remove or remodel the ´´antenna´´ on the nose. Its as big as a metal rod and it hurts my eyes trying to ignore it.

From pictures, most F3.5 dont even have them, and if they do, they are wire-thin antennas, not a big rod that, if as big as in the game, would hamper aerodynamics.

- Launger

#4 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

Please remove or remodel the ´´antenna´´ on the nose. Its as big as a metal rod and it hurts my eyes trying to ignore it.
From pictures, most F3.5 dont even have them, and if they do, they are wire-thin antennas, not a big rod that, if as big as in the game, would hamper aerodynamics.

Right on the point . It is disturbing to look at it .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#5 SRW_Marco

SRW_Marco

Seasoned

• Community Champion
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:04 PM

Reading the updates

Why did you change the specs of the 2011 car to the 2013 specs? That makes no sense :mellow:

The 2013 changes are related only to engine mostly and weight, everything else is the same of 2011 car

#6 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:46 AM

The 2013 changes are related only to engine mostly and weight, everything else is the same of 2011 car

But why not the 2011 specs? Still doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a specific reason it was done?

Hmm.

#7 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

But why not the 2011 specs? Still doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a specific reason it was done?

Hmm.

You don't have to buy a new car :)

I think it's cool that they update the cars :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#8 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:30 PM

You don't have to buy a new car :)

I think it's cool that they update the cars :)

Well I think it's right that a 2011 car should be strictly 2011, people would be quick to complain if suddenly the 2011 Mclaren F1 car swapped specs with the 2013 car. The Formula Renault 3.5 isn't an expensive car in game either (though it is one of the fastest), at that price I'd personally be fine with them having one for each year.

I don't know much about the specs of the Formula Renault 3.5, there is easy to find data on the cars from 2008-2010 and the 2013 specs are available, I couldn't find the 2011/2012 specs though. I do know that in game the car is stated as 480bhp (2008-2010 spec) and the 2013 car is stated to put out 530bhp.

Well the car is certaintly a lot faster now than it was previously.

#9 SRW_Marco

SRW_Marco

Seasoned

• Community Champion
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:36 PM

The webpage spec info is not yet updated, but i will as soon as possible. The advantage of update that car to 2013 is that now it use 100% real information, from suspension design to aero ecc. Also we introduced the front suspension only with third element like the real one and we get rid off the normal suspension front left\right. I think we get a good result in terms of physic accuracy on that car. I hope you enjoy it :)

#10 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

I definitely enjoy it, the car is awesome. Just interested in why there was a spec crossover!

#11 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

The webpage spec info is not yet updated, but i will as soon as possible. The advantage of update that car to 2013 is that now it use 100% real information, from suspension design to aero ecc. Also we introduced the front suspension only with third element like the real one and we get rid off the normal suspension front left\right. I think we get a good result in terms of physic accuracy on that car. I hope you enjoy it :)

Yes the car is great to drive.

... but now how about that nose pole?

- Launger

#12 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 April 2015 - 02:14 AM

Much faster than the Formula 3, but gets a lot of wheel spin on throttle input. Even with opposite lock and full traction control, I am spinning out around corners. A great car though.

#13 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:33 PM

Simraceway’s Long Race #1: 2011 Formula Renault 3.5 long-term review

Owned since: 2014
Mileage: around 1600km (around 1000 miles)

Many consider the Formula Renault 3.5 as a feeder series for F1. And of course, there is a lot of truth in that. As a series, it was specifically set to do just that, and it delivered (and still does). Sporting advanced downforce and nearly 500bhp from a thundering Nissan-sourced V6, this is as close as it gets without spending hundreds of millions for a season.
But in more than a year with the car, I found out that it was much more than an intermediary step between the much loved F3 and ballistic modern F1 cars.

For a long time though, I forgot a bit about this car. It’s not that I found it bad; but to me it felt a bit too easy and lacking feedback under the limit, and very snappy over it. And I’m sure many of you will agree with me on that one.

But as I got better and better as a driver, I came to love the thing more and more.

First of all, it’s incredibly competent. Faster than a Bentley Speed 8 around Watkins Glen, for example. And though it’s very very quick down the straights, it’s the cornering and the braking that will leave you breathless. But who doesn’t have an F1 car that can smash it in all of these areas?

No, what makes this car so special isn’t its speed. It’s the way it talks to you.

You see, while loving them for their insane speed in all areas, and the passion and drama that goes with it, I always felt wanting a bit more than what modern F1 can deliver. More involvement, more feedback, and maybe also more challenge. I mean, F1 cars are not easy to drive. It’s just that up to nine-tenth, it’s not the most hardcore thing to drive. Getting the max out of them is the core of the challenge, and what makes them interesting.

But the FR3.5 isn’t like that. While it shares most of what makes F1 good (downforce, low weight, and brakes that could stop Saturn V), it ads so much involvement that you really feel like you are a true racing driver. I suppose that this has a lot to do with the fact that it has slightly less downforce, while having a very characterful engine, and also a very stiff suspension setup. When exiting a corner, you really have to think ahead and be smart about applying power, because that V6 is a very spiky beast. Meanwhile, the stiff suspensions mean that you’ll have to react accordingly to every     fluctuation of the track, but more importantly it means that every little thing you do will have an impact on how the car reacts. Whereas in F1 inputs tend to be watered down by the sheer amount of downforce produced, here the car is truly immediate and without any filters.
As to what I felt when first driving it, yes it tends to react very quickly when you go too far. But because the car is so direct, you’ll learn to feel where the limit is, and with more experience you can even stay there and enjoy it immensely.

Also, because it is a bit smaller and has less downforce, it’s a joy to race. The fact that because of how fast it is it feels as exciting on F3-sized cars like downforce as on some larger tracks like CotA or Silverstone only adds to the overall experience.

And of course, let’s not forget that it’s a lot cheaper than it has any right to be, thanks to the Progression Ladder.

No, the FR3.5 isn’t as fast or mind-numbing as an F1 car, while being much faster than the F3. But that doesn’t mean it’s just another step in the ladder.

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users