TT_Circuit_Assen3_Track_Hero_Image.jpg?1

TT_Circuit_Assen2_Track_Hero_Image.jpg?1

track_TT_Cirucuit_Assen_Outline.png?1357

Opened: 9th of November, 1955
Turns: 17
Length: 2.824 mi
Real-world record: 1:18.765 - Sebastien Bourdais
SRW virtual record: 1:30.407 - SRW_Cossacco

Better-known for its association with two-wheeled racing, there has been a circuit in Assen, in northeastern Netherlands, since 1925 when the inaugural Dutch TT was held there on a 17.75-mile road course.

The current, permanent track was constructed in 1955, although it has seen many changes since. Originally 4.79 miles in length it was reduced to 3.75 miles in 2001 and to 2.82 miles in 2006. Many of its 17 turns have also seen significant alterations, with their fast, banked curves being adjusted for safety reasons. In fact, the only original section of the track is the finish line.

To this day the circuit, dubbed the "the cathedral of motorcycling" still holds the Dutch TT as well as World Superbike events. It has also hosted Champ Car World Series and Superleague Formula races.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

We are aware of your concerns regarding the sand at Assen and would like you to share the opinions in this thread, so we can decide if there is an improvement needed in that area  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 20 July 2013 - 06:02 AM

Sand is a trap . My opinion is SRW shuld fix that . Becose if jou make mistake or get bumpt from behind in wrong section of track joure race is over coss jou cant get out of the sand . ( mybe if jou drive a sand bugy ) ;)
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#4 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

The sand trap is in fact an sand trap and if you get there just press ESC and go out of the race because you will fry your engine and you will not move even half meter.It is like the sand trap is made of an 1 meter deep wet sand that doesn't give you any chance at all to move or get out  :wacko:

And yes,almost forgot one thing......thank you SRW for this track :D

#5 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 20 July 2013 - 09:13 AM

Seems like a very nice fast track to drive and looks a good track for some good racing battles. But yes those sand traps. While I realise in real life it's easy to get a car stuck in the "kittie litter", quite often when you see cars that go into it, as long as they keep their cars going the car doesn't bog down and they can get out of it. But in the game when you go into one at a good speed the sand slows down the car far too fast and before you know it you are stuck.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#6 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

tbh i love the idea of that sand, but i think it should be a bit far from the edge... maybe a 2nd stage sand were we get like 3-4 meters of normal sand and then that one more closely to the walls...

in real life we rarely see cars moving out from the sand boxes, but that one is a bit too much... last night first time there i went off and too me 1 lap to get out and had to work with auto-clutch off to do it...

#7 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 20 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

Even the Ford F150 can't get out of the sand trap, so I think you should make some adjustments on this part.

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#8 SwervinIrvin

SwervinIrvin

Semi-Pro

• 150 posts
  • Facebook:SwervinIrvin
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 20 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

I think the only thing that should be done is make the cars able to move just a tad more faster when in the sand. Except at the chicane. Keep that the way it is. Some traps don't even need to have this bogging down feature cause they're way off course. At the quick right hander then sweeping left hander it should be kept the same. Everywhere else, the bogging down feature needs to be lightened.

Another thing that is annoying is how the frame rate drops when you get into the gravel traps

SwervinIrvin

#9 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:20 AM

Reference lap in Audi R8 LMS Ultra:

In regards to sandtraps, it all depends what you want to do with Simraceway. It's definetly not gamey feature to be stuck without hope of getting back into the race. I'm neutral to it.

#10 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 21 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

Reference lap in Audi R8 LMS Ultra:

In regards to sandtraps, it all depends what you want to do with Simraceway. It's definetly not gamey feature to be stuck without hope of getting back into the race. I'm neutral to it.

I'm not too bothered about if you get stuck in the trap, if your car comes to a stop, but you see it plenty of times in real racing where the drivers keeps the car moving and are able to drive through the trap and get back racing, which you can't do at this track. I also don't like the fact that some drivers know that if they give hit you up the back and knock you off at the right place it puts you out of the race.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#11 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 195 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

I also don't like the fact that some drivers know that if they give hit you up the back and knock you off at the right place it puts you out of the race.

that to me is a major problem... being kept out of racing because some one didn't stopped his car...

#12 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

The sand trap is too deep, you can build a sand castle in them.

SQ=816

#13 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

lol i came here to complain about the sand trap and its all people are talking about. the sand traps are much better on other tracks, and i used to think troyton had agressive sandtraps, but i could atleast reach 13km/h on the troyton one, best i can do on assen is hold clutch at friction point and slowly crawl out of the sand pit at 1km/h

sure, in real racing if you stop on the sand trap, you often get bogged. but as many others said, its possible to keep driving if you keep your momentum.

Also, sometimes a entirely realistic game isnt as fun, as in competitive. good example of realism not going all the way- invunerability is allowed in qr, because of the dodgey things that happen in the race due to lack of marshalling that real racing has.   it just sucks to be completely out of a race you waited 5 minutes to get into, just because you went a litle offtrack, and couldnt get out of the sand trap. OR because somone else made a mistake that knocked you out of the race

tl:dr let us drive out of the sand traps :C

on topic-its a fun and challenging track thats going to take a while for me to learn, theres just that sand problem stopping it from being enjoyable.

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#14 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 147 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 27 July 2013 - 11:44 AM

I like Assen sand traps :P

You are so used to get out of the track and keep racing that you forgot that the race is on the tarmac.

So the track is good as is, just keep inside the track and you are good.

Do not remove the sand traps, it's the only track I can beat higher SQ players because of that :D

By the way, they are sand not gravel, on gravel you can exit faster.

#15 LooseWheels

LooseWheels

Novice

• 27 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

I must admit that I like this track more here in SRW than I remember from playing it in Superbike sims, then again I always sucked at bike sims. =P

I don't like the sandtraps though.

#16 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 27 November 2013 - 01:34 AM

the problem with sand-traps is "Me" (cos' i am too beast here)  and the rammers u.u

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#17 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 29 November 2013 - 04:50 PM

You know the sand trap is overkill when you can't get out of it in a Dune Buggy or a Dakar Rally vehicle, cars designed to drive through deserts defeated by Simraceway Assen sand traps.

#18 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:39 AM

Main reason for having sand traps like that was to prevent cutting on last chicane. We tried all sorts of things, but only this plus the sausage curbs allowed us to keep the track visually intact and exclude the possibility of cutting. 

Thanks for all the feedback, but I have to say that we didn't need that much! ;)   The plan of redesign has begun some time ago and expect a new revision within the next days or weeks. We'll dig deeper and find a better solution for the chicane  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#19 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:34 AM

Main reason for having sand traps like that was to prevent cutting on last chicane. We tried all sorts of things, but only this plus the sausage curbs allowed us to keep the track visually intact and exclude the possibility of cutting. 

Thanks for all the feedback, but I have to say that we didn't need that much! ;)   The plan of redesign has begun some time ago and expect a new revision within the next days or weeks. We'll dig deeper and find a better solution for the chicane  :)

he he

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#20 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 15 December 2013 - 03:05 AM

couldnt you put a barrier similar to watkins glen double chicane, by that i mean a visible tyre wall not a invisible wall that you guys love putting on all the tracks *cough* sonoma *cough*

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tt circuit assen, assen, tt, circuit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users