Photo

Simraceway Race to the Weekend and Sunday Race-Off 34 (Skillquant)

srwrttw34 srwsro34 skillquant sq

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 RaZoR

RaZoR

Novice

• 34 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

I won't race on Sunday, give my position to someone else if you wish.

#22 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

that should be p 11 from your class then ;)

#23 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

Well,I am not a Crazy buss but I am a Crazy buzz  <_<

someone putted the wrong name  :P

#24 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

as far as i see, looks like SQ  started to working as it should. Top class pole 1.26, second division pole 1.27, third class pole 1.28. Looks quite fair SQ vs. speed! :)

#25 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

Assists: TC (low, med), ABS (low, high), Stability Control (low), Auto Shift (gearbox), Auto Clutch

ABS is ok for me because some cars are just very difficult to brake without it

Auto Clutch is a mast,at least for me because I do not own a pedals with the clutch 

Auto Shift,I really do not have any cons with this one,if someone use it,I am ok with that

TC & Stability Control,pls SRW,this is a 1000-1100 SQ battle and this two assists just do not have a place in this contest,it is just ridiculous that we have that kind of assist on the TOP SQ races 

#26 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

well, to be honest... Evo runs fast only without any aid. I did try with low ABS to calm the car under braking, but went on without using it, because you are simply slower. So, to answer you... i doubt any of 1000+ drivers used any as well!

But yes, it certanly helps driving Evo each week on RTTW against no users like me. Had difficoult times to even put my car on grid... SQ900-1000 looks very competitive...

#27 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for all of the opinions above! By looking at the way this event developed over the three days and who managed to qualify to the Sunday Race-Offs in the end, it's safe to say that this system has opened doors for drivers who usually had them shut and could only count on a lucky spot in reserve list... This is something that makes me very happy  :)

We are still learning and as time goes by - details will be refined, to get the most out of it for you guys  :)

Practice events for SRW Sunday Race-Offs 34 are now available. One is a Quick Race, with 8 laps (half distance of the top group's race) and one is a Challenge event, with a very long Practice session, ending with a 8 lap race as well. The purpose of this one is more to create sort of a track day impression, where you guys can meet together and prepare for the race - get the feeling of being with others on the track.

Find them on the website: 

l29l.jpg

in Quick Race lobby:

mcu2.jpg

and in Events lobby:

ofwq.jpg

Happy practicing!  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#28 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 24 July 2013 - 12:36 AM

Hey,

last sunday was the first time that i join a Sunday Race-off, i just play this game some months ago and i'm a little bit lost...

So i got 10 points by making 6th time in race to the weekend event and 16 by finishing 8th in race-off...

where goes that points? 

And by finishing in 8th i won 2$, so, that money can only be spent in-game, can i collect more prices and then buy a wheel from amazon or something? when is the payment done...

Sorry ask so many things but i just couldn't find the answers anywhere...

Thanks in advance!

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#29 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

Hey,

last sunday was the first time that i join a Sunday Race-off, i just play this game some months ago and i'm a little bit lost...

So i got 10 points by making 6th time in race to the weekend event and 16 by finishing 8th in race-off...

where goes that points? 

And by finishing in 8th i won 2$, so, that money can only be spent in-game, can i collect more prices and then buy a wheel from amazon or something? when is the payment done...

Sorry ask so many things but i just couldn't find the answers anywhere...

Thanks in advance!

Hello CrasHMF  B)

Yes ,you can collect ingame cash and buy yourself cars in game or if you want you can withdraw cash from your account and buy yourself a nice whatever you want,just remember that the minimum amount to withdraw is 20$,that mean that if you have 19$ on your account you are not able to take any cash but if you have 21$ you can withdraw min 20$ and max 21$ :ph34r:

I hope that was of any help :rolleyes:

#30 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 656 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for all of the opinions above! By looking at the way this event developed over the three days and who managed to qualify to the Sunday Race-Offs in the end, it's safe to say that this system has opened doors for drivers who usually had them shut and could only count on a lucky spot in reserve list... This is something that makes me very happy  :)

We are still learning and as time goes by - details will be refined, to get the most out of it for you guys  :)

Practice events for SRW Sunday Race-Offs 34 are now available. One is a Quick Race, with 8 laps (half distance of the top group's race) and one is a Challenge event, with a very long Practice session, ending with a 8 lap race as well. The purpose of this one is more to create sort of a track day impression, where you guys can meet together and prepare for the race - get the feeling of being with others on the track.

Find them on the website: 

l29l.jpg

in Quick Race lobby:

mcu2.jpg

and in Events lobby:

ofwq.jpg

Happy practicing!  B)

Wasn't 34 last Sunday? And the above appears nowhere on the event page. Or is this just the catch up from server being down?

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#31 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

I've posted some unofficial results from the racing. What a cracking event

http://community.sim...uant/#entry4398

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#32 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

keep it on Rick Speed. Looks like you are the only one here, who tracks and publish this things. We need charts with points etc. ...as much as we would need some "storage links" to any results here. It´s impossible to have any view on past events... so, at least from you, we can have "sort of" classifications from RTTW weekends! ...a big cheer mate... B)

#33 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Sorry correct you, but i noticed a little mistake in 800-900 race..

here are the results, print from the official event:

igz7.jpg

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#34 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

Don't go off those results, they are regularly wrong.

xysme did finish 2nd if you look at the stream but then the game started putting him down the grid. This may have been due to a penalty outstanding or something but I could not see any penalties on the stream. We will have to wait until the official results (it may be a while) but in terms of position on track, xysme was 2nd.

I can't believe how close it was between you and Krasse_Action over the line lol sooo close!

SRW Leagues

#35 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:32 PM

keep it on Rick Speed. Looks like you are the only one here, who tracks and publish this things. We need charts with points etc. ...as much as we would need some "storage links" to any results here. It´s impossible to have any view on past events... so, at least from you, we can have "sort of" classifications from RTTW weekends! ...a big cheer mate... B)

Thanks for the encouragement dimagico. I always felt SRW was lacking in the stats dept. after each SRO and with the absence of any form of ongoing championships, I decided to take it on myself, for myself as much as you guys. I like to see who is consistent, fast and an overall 'winner'. I've been pleased with the level of competition for the top spots of the championships in previous seasons, it's been great seeing everyone jostle for positions. Keep up the hard racing guys and I'll keep up the leagues wherever possible :)

SRW Leagues

#36 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

Don't go off those results, they are regularly wrong.

xysme did finish 2nd if you look at the stream but then the game started putting him down the grid. This may have been due to a penalty outstanding or something but I could not see any penalties on the stream. We will have to wait until the official results (it may be a while) but in terms of position on track, xysme was 2nd.

I can't believe how close it was between you and Krasse_Action over the line lol sooo close!

You can see here the penalty to xysme  (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WKf_HwE0GiM)  18:12

but i really hope that penalty does not count, in last lap, one of the last turns, won nothing for get out of the track...

i can't believe too, lose the position in the last second, its hard!!

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#37 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

You can see here the penalty to xysme  (http://www.youtube.c...h?v=WKf_HwE0GiM)  18:12

Yea but I doubt the penalty would stand. No advantage gained, unintentional etc. he just ran wide.

edit: but hey, thanks for pointing it out to me. I want them to be as accurate as I can be. It's not official but I do like them to be accurate enough for people to take a look at and get an idea of where they were/where their friends were. If it is accurate, then all that is left is pending investigations or complaints etc - the stuff I don't see behind the scenes. 

Nice video by the way. :) I like the little onboard insert. Nice touch.

SRW Leagues

#38 Tatoon

Tatoon

Contributor

• 8 posts
  • LocationNorte, Portugal

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Yea but I doubt the penalty would stand. No advantage gained, unintentional etc. he just ran wide.

edit: but hey, thanks for pointing it out to me. I want them to be as accurate as I can be. It's not official but I do like them to be accurate enough for people to take a look at and get an idea of where they were/where their friends were. If it is accurate, then all that is left is pending investigations or complaints etc - the stuff I don't see behind the scenes. 

Nice video by the way. :) I like the little onboard insert. Nice touch.

I don't know how to feel about this situation. On one hand, xysme was very fast despite the initial mistake. He waited for his chance and got the reward later when I made a mistake trying to overtake Lockatello. Overall he was making a better race than me, clearly. But then he got that penalty that screwed all. Should he be forgiven? Well, it was the last lap, and it definitely is a bit rough, and I feel a bad taste getting the position like that.

But on the other hand, if I knew such penalty in that place would probably be revoked, I would definitely take more chances there. I never take big chances there PRECISELY because I know that if I leave the track just a bit I'll get a penalty if I don't reduce my speed significantly.

I say let the SRW's decide. Situations like this are opportunities to make the rules clearer.

#39 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

I don't know how to feel about this situation. On one hand, xysme was very fast despite the initial mistake. He waited for his chance and got the reward later when I made a mistake trying to overtake Lockatello. Overall he was making a better race than me, clearly. But then he got that penalty that screwed all. Should he be forgiven? Well, it was the last lap, and it definitely is a bit rough, and I feel a bad taste getting the position like that.

But on the other hand, if I knew such penalty in that place would probably be revoked, I would definitely take more chances there. I never take big chances there PRECISELY because I know that if I leave the track just a bit I'll get a penalty if I don't reduce my speed significantly.

I say let the SRW's decide. Situations like this are opportunities to make the rules clearer.

I think that in this case what should happen is a "slowdown penalty", or something like this, that the player if have someone right behind him should let him pass as a fair play move...in real races this happens, when a car cuts a corner have to wait a bit or risk a penalty...

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#40 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

Results of Simraceway Sunday Race-Off 34 are finalized! They will be published somewhere after the end of Simraceway Sunday Race-Off 38 live races. Then every participant will be given 24 hours to review.  After that, all prizes will be paid out  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwrttw34, srwsro34, skillquant, sq

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users