#1 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

Hi all,

I don't know about you guys but I've just been looking at the TDT leaderboards, SQ1000 through to SQ500 and I reckon this might just be working. I feel I am competitive in my class :)

The top 1000SQ guys seem to be outpacing the 900SQ guys, which in turn are outpacing the 800SQ guys whom are outpacing the 700SQ guys and so on.

Looks to me like the SQ is working well. People seem to be in their correct places for their speed around the Glen.

I'm pretty pleased with this. Are you?

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#2 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

Yes I was looking through the times also and it all seems about right, though it would be even more interesting if everyone had their SQ listed next to their name.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#3 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

it would be even more interesting if everyone had their SQ listed next to their name.

that's a good idea.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#4 mbindels

mbindels

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

I like the separation because I'm first in my class. And it's competitive because the driver that was behind tried to outpace me and he outpaced me three times but I was faster.

SQ=816

#5 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

I like the separation because I'm first in my class. And it's competitive because the driver that was behind tried to outpace me and he outpaced me three times but I was faster.

Will be interesting, Mine is 902.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#6 voth

voth

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

yeah it seems they got the pace quite good that can be expected with the sq.

nevertheless i have absolutely no idea where exactly this is supposed to lead to.

personally i hope these testdays will not be part of the splitting program in the future. i would prefer one big pool with the freedom to choose the

driving aids you just need or like.

if i might take mbindels example - so with his pace he would be 8th in the 800-900 range and 25th in the 900-1000 range and about 30ish if there would be just one event.

that would all be quite good results wouldn't they? its not like he would drive 2seconds behind anyone if all would be mixed up 

#7 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

yeah it seems they got the pace quite good that can be expected with the sq.

nevertheless i have absolutely no idea where exactly this is supposed to lead to.

personally i hope these testdays will not be part of the splitting program in the future. i would prefer one big pool with the freedom to choose the

driving aids you just need or like.

if i might take mbindels example - so with his pace he would be 8th in the 800-900 range and 25th in the 900-1000 range and about 30ish if there would be just one event.

that would all be quite good results wouldn't they? its not like he would drive 2seconds behind anyone if all would be mixed up 

I think the TDT was split up as a test to make sure it's right before we get some new events with the SQ split so I'm assuming it will go back to normal next week.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#8 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

I think is working perfectly!

In my class i had a really hard fight for the first place, and that made me play and play and play, and learn the track well in order to beat other player, no the top 3 is:

CrasHMF - 1:34.021

fourbangr75 - 1:34.076

nascar88fan - 1:34.159

nice to see this close times!

SRW, nice idea, works very well!

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#9 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 07:27 PM

Makes me very happy to see all of the positive opinions above!  :)

Please make sure to check my latest post in this thread: http://community.sim...classes/?p=4436 and let's continue the discussion there.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#10 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:40 PM

Having just started racing in SRW I must admit I didn't have any idea what SQ stood for, having been given an SQ of 500 when I started racing, over the past several weeks that rating went up and down from 525 to 550 down to 530 up to 560 down to 559,basically because I was quite erratic, then as I gained more experience it stood a steady 562 565 569 and so on now I am a steady 580,so I now fully understand the system having raced against other racers with a higher or lower SQ rating, than myself,therefore the system to me works, and, on the whole a very good benchmarking platform for the way SRW operates.

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: test drive tuesday, tdt, bentley speed 8, watkins glen, skillquant

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users