3 replies to this topic

#1 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

The VL commodore is a mid sized family sedan/wagon, nowdays more popular with younger people who seek the hectic dose. it is known for its RB30 (a variant of the RB series engine found in skylines and other nissans) which could only be found in the VL, or R31 skyline. The RB30 is the largest engine in the RB range. a turbocharged variant was available producing 200hp, and 296nm of torque (damn good if you ask me)
the luxury variant was called the Calais, and it is usually called holden calais, as opposed to holden commodore calais.

it featured 2 tone paint, pop up headlights(cover over standard lights however) and white stripes on top half of tail lights.
ontop of that is the obvious luxury interior such as leather seats ect.
ive loved VL's as long as i can remember. first car i can remember is a VL that my father owned, exec rb30 auto, wasnt special but god was it fun when we overtook people, 90-130 in no time for a swift caravan passing. however fun the auto is, this is a racing game hence would be equipped with borg warner t5 manual.

weighing in at around 1200-1300kg, 200hp/300nm, front biased weight = fun!

pic time :D
edit- just found an awesome list of every colour which has alot of very clean VL pics - - clicky!

Spoiler

extra info

rb30 engine

wiki on the VL

VL commodores on youtube (bit of a joke :P)
drag racing vl turbo

spec sheet

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#2 alvin23a

alvin23a

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

I support this.

#3 Deigima

Deigima

Pro

• Banned
  • 267 posts
  • Locationbyron bay, australia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

also i'd like to add i have never found a commodore in another racing game, only one i know of is "pontiac gto" which is a rebadged holden monaro, and i think it was the  ~06 sv6 went into gran turismo 5 or something.

one may understand how desparately i want a game that features a holden.

My youtube playlist for SimRaceway
I like boxy cars.
300fps @ indianapolis :D

#4 brockie

brockie

Seasoned

• 87 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:09 PM

mee too!!!

@deigima,

I play everyday, and It would be nice for simraceway to show they apprecitate they Australian players, with just one thing from our country..eg, holden, au ford, or at least a track...

jus sayin no love lost

Member Since: 24-1-13 ..  SQ: 887 ..  Cars Owned: 125 ..  Miles Raced: 45k ..  Control Input: Logitech F310

If You Want More Inches???  Stroke It!!!!

find me @ https://www.facebook...100001072954188

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: holden, nissan, rb engine, rb30, turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users