#1 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

One of the most intense and exciting leauge in the universe, the World Touring Car Championship.

- WTCC is the third automobile World Championship created by the FIA after Formula 
   One and World Rally Championship 

- The championship is reserved for production four-door, two-wheel-drive saloon cars 
   modified for racing and equipped with 1.6 litre turbocharged engine and six-speed 
   sequential gearbox 

- Fans can easily recognize in the WTCC cars the same models that are on sale in the 
   dealers’ showrooms, however these racing machines are capable of reaching top 
   speeds close to 300 kph and surviving door-to-door clashes on the racetrack 

- The qualifying session is split in two parts: Q1 for all the drivers, Q2 for the top 12 
   drivers classified in Q1; in Q2 points are awarded to the first five drivers classified (5, 
   4, 3, 2, 1) 

- The WTCC format provides two races per event (each of a distance between 50 and 
   60 km) and awarding points to the first ten drivers classified (25, 18, 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 
   4, 2, 1); the first race has a rolling start, the second race has a standing start 

- The grid for Race 1 is based on qualifying results, with the top twelve positions 
   awarded according to the results of Q2, and the remaining positions according to 
   the results of Q1. On the grid for Race 2, positions from 11th downwards remain the 
   same, while the first ten positions are reversed. 

- The 2013 WTCC will be run on twelve events in four continents

Monza, Italy
   Marrakech, Morocco
   Slovakia Ring, Slovakia
   Hungaroring, Hungary
   Salzburg Ring, Austria 
   Moscow Raceway, Russia    
   Porto, Portugal   
   Termas de Río Hondo, Argentina    
   Sonoma, USA    
   Suzuka, Japan
   Shanghai, China 
   The Guia Circuit, Macau

- Two FIA World Champion titles are awarded, for Drivers and Manufacturers 

Drivers like: Yvan Muller, Andy Priaulx, Augusto Farfus, Gabriele Tarquini, Norbert Michelisz, Tiago Monteiro,
                       Rob Huff, Tom Coronel, Marc Basseng, René Münnich, Alain Menü, Stefano D'Aste, James Nash,
                       Alex MacDowall, Pepe Oriola, etc. (next year Sebastien Loeb joins in)

Manufacturers like: Chevrolet, BMW, Seat, Honda, Lada (next year, Citroen joins with a works team)

- Yokohama, WTCC tyre supplier, awards a euro 480,000 prize money to competitors 
   of the Yokohama Drivers’ Trophy 

- The WTCC was revived in 2005 in the current format and is promoted by Eurosport 
   Events’ under an agreement that will last until the end of 2017 

- All races are filmed and produced LIVE by Eurosport Events in HD

Here is the best race I've ever seen. I've been there in the crowd. it's last year's race 2 in Hungary. The grandstands were literally shaking from our noise :D This year, we celebrated the same way, but without a first place.
#1 motorsport experience of my life so far. enjoy !

http://youtu.be/_QLgnwdRRMU?t=4m35s

If you have a chance to visit Hungary's WTCC rounds, DON'T miss it !!!

Will you watch the next race on a new track in Argentina ?
In case you're a follower of the series, which race did you like most ?
Who is your favourite driver and why ?
How much do you think WTCC will change in 2014 with the new tecnnical regulations and rules ?

Have a nice day !

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#2 tomekf248

tomekf248

Seasoned

• 60 posts
  • Facebook:kubiaktomek
  • Twitter:tomekkubiak
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

Finally there is a topic for my favourite racing series ever! Since 2009 I missed only one race (Porto '11) because I was watching ILMC at the circuit but this year I managed to be in Porto with 80,000 other spectators! An amazing experience!

Will you watch the next race on a new track in Argentina?

Of course. There is no way I can miss a WTCC race.

In case you're a follower of the series, which race did you like most?

Every race is unique. This year in Monza there was heavy rain and very close battles in diffucilt conditions. At Slovakia there were countless battles. Marrakech was little strange due to those high kerbs which caused a lot of crashes. Salzburgring is the most beautiful track I've seen and racing was fantastic because of high speeds and no run-offs. Porto is beautifully located close to the ocean and it's extremelly hot which causes troubles for the FWD cars. Curitiba was very exciting as Oschersleben. Sonoma and Shanghai were great additions to the series but due to it's history, heritage and the fact it's a championship deciding race I think Macau is the best one.

Who is your favourite driver and why?

I like every single driver (unlike in F1) but I am fan of the BMW and ROAL Motorsport's drivers Tom Coronel and Darryl O'Young. They are great guys.

How much do you think WTCC will change in 2014 with the new tecnnical regulations and rules?

It will be interesting. They will be a lot faster, possibly around 10 seconds faster at Monza and more aerodynamicaly advanced which means drafting will be significantly less important and every collision will punish the drivers a lot more. I don't expect less emotions but the racing will be much cleaner because of that. And the cars should look more agressive which may be good for some people but honestly I don't understand how anyone can call this year's cars bad looking.

tomekf248 | SQ 875 | G27 & SRW-S1

WDW 9 Winner

#3 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

The all-new Citroen C-Elysée WTCC 2014 race car !!!

http://youtu.be/7q08Evdhcxw

What do you think ? :)

#4 CrasHMF

CrasHMF

Seasoned

• 99 posts
  • LocationBraga, Portugal

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

It is very strange for me...i was used to see only bmw, seat and chevrolet...

Now, from what i heard, bmw will quit and will be seat, citroen and honda competition.

well, i will get used to it and i hope it becomes more competitive with yhe new rules :)

Miguel Freitas - CrasHMF

Portugal

#5 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

It is very strange for me...i was used to see only bmw, seat and chevrolet...

Now, from what i heard, bmw will quit and will be seat, citroen and honda competition.

well, i will get used to it and i hope it becomes more competitive with yhe new rules :)

Don't worry, it will be much more competitive :) Also, it will perfectly fit into the new outfits of other cars. Like the Leon Cup Racer:

SEAT-Leon-Cup-Racer-1.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: wtcc, touring, championship, fiawtcc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users