Photo

Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32

srwsro32 srwrttw32 corvette c6r gt2

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 do you prefer?

1. Duration of the real ALMS race, so 75 laps (approx. 2 hours and 45 minutes) (17 votes [39.53%])

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. 66% of the real ALMS race, so 50 laps (approx. 1 hour and 50 minutes) (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

3. 50% of the real ALMS race, so 37 laps (approx 1 hour and 20 minutes) (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

4. Shorter than 50% of the real ALMS race (10 votes [23.26%])

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

Poor srw...every day closer to nfs

And yet, even at the 50% distance we are doing tomorrow, it is still a longer race than iRacing does for their sports car class. My point being, you are calling SRW arcade like, and closer to NFS every day, but we are closer to the real distance then one of the most realistic sims out there today.  

#62 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:13 PM

for me 1.5 hour is really more than enough. from my side it could be only 1 hour.

@ace: you are completly wright ! and grats to your quali win (what a supirse :D)

great quali from all !

#63 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

Pilo i think you are showing poor form here honestly.

If that poll would have been just a two vote choice,the results would have been the same,coss is trying to gather the mood of what people want here for future events.

I think the mistake here which would have made a good deal of difference,would of been to make the poll for only those who are racing.

But whats done is done and for you to take it the way you have is wrong,i understand all views here,but i think coss made the right choice based on the info gathered from that poll.

I look forward to this race and hope that everyone makes it home.

#64 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

You're right about iracing acer, most races there are about 1 hour long. They have those every day though, not one every week. It's like our quick races for how I see it.

The world championship (F1 series, not nascar) has races just as long as real life, just like we did last week (which i really enjoyed). If they were to make a "gt world series", I'd hope they'd make races just as long as the real ones. From what i know, in iracing you can't do driver swaps, which is what is holding them from making something like that i think (not sure, just throwing it out there).

The nascar series they have is 50% the length of the real races for example (or about 50%...getting confused with the other series they run, the 34 races one). I'd love to see that one turn into a 100% length race for example.

In iracing they have "special events", like the 2.4h of daytona you said, the daytona 500, indy 500 (that we had too), the pocono 400 next week etc. Those races are full length races, and they are made as special events. I'd like to see more of them in SRW too. At this point, I'm starting to think that 1.30h is a good length for SRO races, but we could have like 1 "special event" every month or so, simulating a real life event or something. Maybe we don't have the right cars and tracks yet, but I'm sure SRW guys could look into it and make it happen.

From the poll it looked like there are enough people who like endurance (2h+) races, so I think that these special events could actually have a good player base to hold them up. Maybe not as much as SRO events or normal challenge events, but not even 10 players only. The 14 cars limit is something that will stick with us for a long time I think, but as I said many times I don't see this as an issue. In my opinion we can deal with a long race without many issues.

What do you guys think about something like this?

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#65 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Pilo i think you are showing poor form here honestly.

If that poll would have been just a two vote choice,the results would have been the same,coss is trying to gather the mood of what people want here for future events.

I think the mistake here which would have made a good deal of difference,would of been to make the poll for only those who are racing.

But whats done is done and for you to take it the way you have is wrong,i understand all views here,but i think coss made the right choice based on the info gathered from that poll.

I look forward to this race and hope that everyone makes it home.

I read the poll in a different way than cossacco. Maybe i haven't explained my view too well here on the forum (discussed this a lot on the chat earlier with coss and other players though).

From my point of view, a 4 answers poll is different from a 2 answers one. In a 4 answers one, the "winner" is the answer that gets the most points, so in this case 100%, that had 16 points at the time. 2nd place was 50% with 15 points.

If we were to make a 2 answers poll, then you're right, not-100% would have won, but you can't really say it for sure from this poll. In my opinion you can't sum up 2 or more answers of a poll, as you're altering the results.

I can agree that I showed "poor form", but I was really frustrated about how the results got changed (from my point of view). Next time I'd like to see a clearer poll, or at least some "rules", where coss explains how he'll treat the results BEFORE we vote. Would be a lot better for everyone and would avoid all these discussions we are having right now

#66 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:08 AM

Ok, we just had a difficult discussion on the website chat about it, where I was accused for not picking the winning option out of the poll. As I said above, I've picked the middle ground there, so went with majority which didn't like the idea of 100% length (26 votes against full length, 15 towards).

There was an idea of preparing a separate poll, with just 2 options, so full length or not, but instead - let's continue discussing it here and we'll see where the opinions go.

Coss i dont get you, you made a pool and full race option win. what's is your point for making a poll if the option with most of the points is not winning and option with your strange way of understanding pool is winning

lets stick to your way of thinking :

Duration of the real ALMS race, so 75 laps: 17 votes for yes and 25 votes for no

50% of the real ALMS race, so 37 laps: 14 votes for yes and 28 for no

so most of the people voted for no 50% race.... (kto mieczem wojuje od miecza ginie)

what's the point of a poll if winning option is not winning ???????????????

btw. 2.5h race is to long ............. chickens............

#67 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:20 AM

16 votes for 100%

1 vote for 66%

15 votes for 50%

10 votes for less than 50%

So, of course, the winner is 50%. Yeah that makes sense...NOT. If there are 4 options, every option is an answer. You can't combine 2 answers to say "yeah, this way we change the winner". It doesn't make sense. At this point just make a poll with "100%" and "not 100%". It would have made a lot more sense at this point. The most votes went to 100%, not 50%, so that should be the winner.

Looks like coss, though, had to make a decision that helped guys who want to play srw, not simulators. I understand why he did that, but then just make a poll and say "ok, express yourself, but i'll decide the winner by myself".

To van: the 14 cars in the server is a limitation of SRW atm. We can't simulate that, but we sure can simulate the full length of the race. I'd love to see a full field, even in F1 races like last week, but at the moment it's not possible. There are absolutely no issue with 2.45h of racing, except the drivers who are scared they'll crash.

Poor srw...every day closer to nfs

hmmm italian democracy in action :rolleyes:

over 57% of people say 50% or under for distance so in pilot world that means 100% distance wins :blink:

and a lot of the full distance voters are trollin (disgraceful B) ) or just being strange as they probs wont take much to do with it certainly not in terms of being near making the race

the answer here is and i hereby annouce.... multidistance racing :wub:

set the server for the full 100%

but everyone is briefed the $$$ result will be taken at lap 37 or whatever it is stated

(like caterham was to be in multiclass)

coss can announce like qual time updates that there is 5 laps to go then 1 lap to go maybe

then those that want shorter race get the race length they want and can choose to quit there or if they enjoying it can continue on..

and the ones that want a long race and have strong resistance to boredom can continue for the full distance for the 'glory'

people then will 'vote' with their presence or otherwise

i would prob start falling asleep with boredom as it dragged on with huge gaps etc

sure if i was in close contact with someone it'd be ok to keep going maybe... i bet it wont happen

number of cars is important here... more cars = more chances cars will be in touch with each other

and all this enduro stuff.. if tire wear is off its utterly pointless same for 'strategy'

realism... yeah pay me a couple million bucks and i'll do the 3 hours no probs...............

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#68 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

Let's go back to my first post, presenting the poll:

Before I get to the point. Chevrolet Corvette C6R apart from being an iconic car overall, has won the GT class in ALMS last year (2012) and it will be it's debut at Circuit of the Americas this year. We would like to replicate or get close to the duration of the real race: http://www.alms.com/...ircuit-americas (2 hours and 45 minutes).

However, that would make a very long race and we need your approval. Please give it a good thought and make a vote :)

And then the poll's question:

Which duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 do you prefer?

I thought that if I put the word "prefer" into the question and not "choose", then offer you a variety of answers, which are separated by a substantial margin (100% is 2 hours and 45 minutes, 50% and less is separated by a distance of 1 hour and 20 minutes from that and are both on another planet), then you will know that the purpose of this poll is to find out what is the preference and desire of the participants/audience, rather than to make this poll a decider about the race. That is a huge responsibility to make such decision and character/type of this poll wasn't very suitable to do it.

Some people understood the purpose and some other started a political war. I promise to make sure this is even more clear next time...

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#69 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:53 AM

hmmm italian democracy in action :rolleyes:

over 57% of people say 50% or under for distance so in pilot world that means 100% distance wins :blink:

and a lot of the full distance voters are trollin (disgraceful B) ) or just being strange as they probs wont take much to do with it certainly not in terms of being near making the race

the answer here is and i hereby annouce.... multidistance racing :wub:

set the server for the full 100%

but everyone is briefed the $$$ result will be taken at lap 37 or whatever it is stated

(like caterham was to be in multiclass)

coss can announce like qual time updates that there is 5 laps to go then 1 lap to go maybe

then those that want shorter race get the race length they want and can choose to quit there or if they enjoying it can continue on..

and the ones that want a long race and have strong resistance to boredom can continue for the full distance for the 'glory'

people then will 'vote' with their presence or otherwise

i would prob start falling asleep with boredom as it dragged on with huge gaps etc

sure if i was in close contact with someone it'd be ok to keep going maybe... i bet it wont happen

number of cars is important here... more cars = more chances cars will be in touch with each other

and all this enduro stuff.. if tire wear is off its utterly pointless same for 'strategy'

realism... yeah pay me a couple million bucks and i'll do the 3 hours no probs...............

Let me explain to you. At the top of this page there is a poll. Thanks to the advanced technology we have today, you can see 4 blue bars rappresenting the results of the poll. The longest one is the winner. What is the longest one? To me it looks like 100% is the one. What you are doing is sum up the other bars to beat the 100% one, but we could do this: sum up 50% with 66% (total 16 votes) and 100% with less than 50% (total 30 votes or so). At this point 50%-66% loses, and the choice is between less than 50 and 100. because 100 has the most votes between 100 and less than 50, 100 is the winner.

I still don't like at all how the votes got summed up, but it is what it is and i have to deal with this. Looks like this poll was more of a survey than a decision, so voting was useless imo :)

#70 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:26 AM

but we could do this: sum up 50% with 66% (total 16 votes) and 100% with less than 50% (total 30 votes or so). At this point 50%-66% loses, and the choice is between less than 50 and 100. because 100 has the most votes between 100 and less than 50, 100 is the winner.

Please, if you want to sum up votes, do it in a manner that makes sense. Why would someone who originally voted for "less than 50%" prefer "100%" over "50%"?

#71 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

I see that for sure Pilotapazzo and Sikham didn't sleep at all last night because they will not have their beloved 100% race,heheehehhehehhe :blink:

#72 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

And why in the hell we would need to take in consideration someones opinion for the length of the race if they didn't even try this event?

What I mean is why all drivers in SRW have a chance to take a vote?

You SRW guys already knows who participate more or less in SRO,so next time if you do a poll,only drivers that are usually in SRO can vote!!!!!!!

#73 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

Some people understood the purpose and some other started a political war*. I promise to make sure this is even more clear next time...

*Jolly added emphasis B)

welcome to motor racing :lol:

bunch of competitive people all wanting it their way hehehe

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwsro32, srwrttw32, corvette c6r gt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users