Photo

Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32

srwsro32 srwrttw32 corvette c6r gt2

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 do you prefer?

1. Duration of the real ALMS race, so 75 laps (approx. 2 hours and 45 minutes) (17 votes [39.53%])

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. 66% of the real ALMS race, so 50 laps (approx. 1 hour and 50 minutes) (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

3. 50% of the real ALMS race, so 37 laps (approx 1 hour and 20 minutes) (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

4. Shorter than 50% of the real ALMS race (10 votes [23.26%])

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

I agree with JMOO1. 2.5h of racing are veeery hard, and fun because they're hard. It's a real challenge for the driver. I voted for the max, as I really want to see if I could handle a race like that one

you can enter pracitce mode and doing a race all day long if you wanna see if you can handle it ;)

#22 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:09 AM

oh comon. 2,5 hours of racing with 14 cars. i think the most votes for a 2.5 hour race are from people who will not qualify for that race. People who qualfied for the race dont wanna race 2.5 hours. i wouldnt have a problem to vote for a 1000 laps race too, if i am not driving :D

50% race lenght is more than enough.

btw: ace great quali time ;)

well, that´s not very nice what you say. Even if you are top **** driver, why is vote from 75th guy or girl less important than yours? Even if they don´t qualify, their vote should be same value as yours.

#23 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:13 AM

well, that´s not very nice what you say. Even if you are top **** driver, why is vote from 75th guy or girl less important than yours? Even if they don´t qualify, their vote should be same value as yours.

from my point it makes only sense that the drivers who qualify for the race can vote how long they wanna drive. has nothing to do with being nice or not dimagico.

#24 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:20 PM

well, i won´t be able to defend bubble spot anyway, so.. why bother. After F1 q ....picknick time. Rather food and buzz than wheel :P ... only if with some miracle Coss extend grid to 18 :lol:

#25 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:08 PM

you can enter pracitce mode and doing a race all day long if you wanna see if you can handle it ;)

you can leave the spot for people who would like to drive endurance SRO ;)

well, i won´t be able to defend bubble spot anyway, so.. why bother. After F1 q ....picknick time. Rather food and buzz than wheel :P ... only if with some miracle Coss extend grid to 18

instead of waiting for miracle you should practice to improve your time to secure your place ;)

btw. I wonder if Coss has the b^** to choose the winning option :P

#26 RaZoR

RaZoR

Novice

• 34 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

Title of the post: 

Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32

If top 16 qualify, why should the votes of the guys out of the top 16 be heard?

#27 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

As it is possible to delete your votes, please could everyone who voted for "Shorter than 50% of the real ALMS race" take it back and unite to vote for "50% of the real ALMS race".

By the way, if there is no Race "B", I don't see how it would be any trouble for SRW_Cossacco to expand the number of racers on the grid, to have as much racers as the race track's file/design allows (14>20>24>28...etc.)

#28 Mrjones_83

Mrjones_83

Novice

• 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

I voted 2.75 hrs & i"m sticking with it. If you dont wanna race that long of a race, its pretty simple..... DON'T!

Don't ask ppl to change there votes or say that ppl who might not qualify shouldn't get to vote. Thats just wrong!

#29 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

What came out of this topic is that peple who play a simulator are scared to simulate a real life race. congratulations...this is why SRW is far from perfect. Users are its main problem it seems. If in a sim the longest race we have is 30 minutes...what are we simulating? The real race (the ALMS one) is 2.45h long, so we should have the same length (or at least very close to it) for our race. But as I said, looks like people are scared to do a race like that.

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#30 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

What came out of this topic is that peple who play a simulator are scared to simulate a real life race. congratulations...this is why SRW is far from perfect. Users are its main problem it seems. If in a sim the longest race we have is 30 minutes...what are we simulating? The real race (the ALMS one) is 2.45h long, so we should have the same length (or at least very close to it) for our race. But as I said, looks like people are scared to do a race like that.

I never saw in real life 14 cars doing a 2.5 hours race.

and we already did races with 1 hour racetime.

#31 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:12 PM

As it is possible to delete your votes, please could everyone who voted for "Shorter than 50% of the real ALMS race" take it back and unite to vote for "50% of the real ALMS race".

By the way, if there is no Race "B", I don't see how it would be any trouble for SRW_Cossacco to expand the number of racers on the grid, to have as much racers as the race track's file/design allows (14>20>24>28...etc.)

i changed my vote. so we are equal now :)

#32 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Thanks to everyone for all the votes and a great discussion!  :D

The purpose of making this an open poll was to allow three groups of drivers to take part in it. One is those who will most probably race in it, second those who will probably race in it (but are not secured yet) and third is those who will most probably not race in it, but plan to enjoy watching it. Each of these groups has a valid reason to be a part of this.

As of now, the results are: 15 votes for the real distance and 26 against it, spread across other options.

By looking at both, poll itself and all the feedback shared I think it's safe to say that majority doesn't want this race to go the real distance, but a shorter one, for various reasons. 

My choice here is 50% of the distance and I hope that most of you agree with me that this is the middle ground here. Leaning towards 66%, but not really there.

We will definitely do more of such polls in the future, when a good occasion comes  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#33 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

16 votes for 100%

1 vote for 66%

15 votes for 50%

10 votes for less than 50%

So, of course, the winner is 50%. Yeah that makes sense...NOT. If there are 4 options, every option is an answer. You can't combine 2 answers to say "yeah, this way we change the winner". It doesn't make sense. At this point just make a poll with "100%" and "not 100%". It would have made a lot more sense at this point. The most votes went to 100%, not 50%, so that should be the winner.

Looks like coss, though, had to make a decision that helped guys who want to play srw, not simulators. I understand why he did that, but then just make a poll and say "ok, express yourself, but i'll decide the winner by myself".

To van: the 14 cars in the server is a limitation of SRW atm. We can't simulate that, but we sure can simulate the full length of the race. I'd love to see a full field, even in F1 races like last week, but at the moment it's not possible. There are absolutely no issue with 2.45h of racing, except the drivers who are scared they'll crash.

Poor srw...every day closer to nfs

#34 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

except the drivers who are scared they'll crash.

you really think that ace, pepp, mike, me are scared to crash and thats the reason why we dont wanna race 2.5 hours?

#35 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

you really think i am scared to crash and thats the reason why i dont wanna race 2.5 hours? thx.

I was referring to all the guys who said that after 2.5h everyone would be out. And still, what is the problem of doing a long race? Still have to understand that...

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:33 PM

16 votes for 100%

1 vote for 66%

15 votes for 50%

10 votes for less than 50%

So, of course, the winner is 50%. Yeah that makes sense...NOT. If there are 4 options, every option is an answer. You can't combine 2 answers to say "yeah, this way we change the winner". It doesn't make sense. At this point just make a poll with "100%" and "not 100%". It would have made a lot more sense at this point. The most votes went to 100%, not 50%, so that should be the winner.

Looks like coss, though, had to make a decision that helped guys who want to play srw, not simulators. I understand why he did that, but then just make a poll and say "ok, express yourself, but i'll decide the winner by myself".

To van: the 14 cars in the server is a limitation of SRW atm. We can't simulate that, but we sure can simulate the full length of the race. I'd love to see a full field, even in F1 races like last week, but at the moment it's not possible. There are absolutely no issue with 2.45h of racing, except the drivers who are scared they'll crash.

Pilot, this is a bit of an unfair judgment. You know that we're trying to replicate real events whenever we can. This one is a new territory, though. Nearly 3 hours of a race with 1 day notice. Indy 500 was nearly 2.5 hours long, but with 2 weeks notice - that makes a difference.

So I decided to make this poll and open a discussion before making a final decision. It revealed various reasons for doing both full length and 50% or less. To me, all of these reasons were very strong and had to make a choice that would be a middle ground for everyone.

Taking aside the current Race-Off, it leaves me and all of us with a lot of great feedback for the future.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#37 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:35 PM

pilot. i saw more and more long distance events in SRW. and we will race 1.5 hours.

And. did you played the last NFS games in last times ?? :D

#38 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

van, i know enough about nfs, and i can say that short races are totally a part of it, just like in srw atm.

And still, what is the problem of doing a long race? Still have to understand that...

#39 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:24 PM

Ok, we just had a difficult discussion on the website chat about it, where I was accused for not picking the winning option out of the poll. As I said above, I've picked the middle ground there, so went with majority which didn't like the idea of 100% length (26 votes against full length, 15 towards).

There was an idea of preparing a separate poll, with just 2 options, so full length or not, but instead - let's continue discussing it here and we'll see where the opinions go.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#40 ExtremelyFastMan

ExtremelyFastMan

Novice

• 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

van, i know enough about nfs, and i can say that short races are totally a part of it, just like in srw atm.

And still, what is the problem of doing a long race? Still have to understand that...

Reason is simple - it will be very boring to drive for 1.5 hours wothout competition. I partcipated in many 3+ hours races, 20 or so I think, and even with 40 guys participating in it, it was really boring. And if you see a simulation as going 100% race, then most accurate simulation is Codemasters F1, cause there are safety cars, full race distance, rain, 8 engines per season, realistic tires etc. , but a lot of hardcore simracers will disagree with it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwsro32, srwrttw32, corvette c6r gt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users