Photo

Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32

srwsro32 srwrttw32 corvette c6r gt2

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Poll: Duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Which duration of the SRW Sunday Race-Off 32 do you prefer?

1. Duration of the real ALMS race, so 75 laps (approx. 2 hours and 45 minutes) (17 votes [39.53%])

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. 66% of the real ALMS race, so 50 laps (approx. 1 hour and 50 minutes) (1 votes [2.33%])

Percentage of vote: 2.33%

3. 50% of the real ALMS race, so 37 laps (approx 1 hour and 20 minutes) (15 votes [34.88%])

Percentage of vote: 34.88%

4. Shorter than 50% of the real ALMS race (10 votes [23.26%])

Percentage of vote: 23.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:28 PM

Before I get to the point. Chevrolet Corvette C6R apart from being an iconic car overall, has won the GT class in ALMS last year (2012) and it will be it's debut at Circuit of the Americas this year. We would like to replicate or get close to the duration of the real race: http://www.alms.com/...ircuit-americas (2 hours and 45 minutes).

However, that would make a very long race and we need your approval. Please give it a good thought and make a vote :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:41 PM

Come On Guys!!! Choose the Longest!!!  :lol:  :lol:

We need endurance!!!  :D  :D

These guys will race 257 miles of extreme elevation!!! Extreme endurance!!! Extreme Speeds around the circuit of the americans!!  :D  :lol: 

Come on guys!  :lol: You know you want it!  :D  

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#3 LoneWolfGAM

LoneWolfGAM

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/gregorio.miron
  • Twitter:@LoneWolfGAM
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:45 PM

I wish it was a 6 hour race lol :P

"I don't have to sell my soul /He's already in me... I don't need to sell my soul /He's already in me...
I wanna be adored..."
I wanna be adored- The Stone Roses @}-;-'---

#4 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:04 PM

We only need a maximum of ~50 minutes for the racers to get and hold their position for the remainder of the racer. The rest of those 2 hours would only serve to widen the time differences between racers, which is pointless.

#5 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Gabor, i see it totaly the other way around... there are only a few driving machienes like Cossacco that can to the same lap time over 2.5 h... most will not even finish the race or at least loose alot of time at some point in some wall or anywhere else ;)

#6 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:26 PM

I agree with JMOO1. 2.5h of racing are veeery hard, and fun because they're hard. It's a real challenge for the driver. I voted for the max, as I really want to see if I could handle a race like that one

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#7 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

I voted max for the same reasons as pilo and jmoo1. I have driven two 24 hour races in rfactor now and only survived one. It is very hard to keep consistency, concentration and pace throughout an enduro. No matter how fast you are in a sprint race. As we saw last week's SRO, anything can happen at any time. Even the almighty acerockolla and Axitey (the elites of the game) crashed out. Cold tires, fuel loads etc. all play a part. Tiredness also takes it's toll in the later stages and there's no room for complacency. Bring it on.

I just hope the stream stays good for us all to watch it after!

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#8 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:33 PM

I know I wont qualify, but this rocks.  :)

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#9 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

I disagree with full lenght race sustainers. Come on guys, there will be only 14 drivers on the grid, not 40-70, this means that after one 1,5 hours there will be 3 drivers finishing the race, and located in three far sectors of the track. It should have sense if starting grid was composed by a lot of drivers, but not with this little grid for endurance races.

#10 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:02 AM

peppinho got it right, after 5 laps there might be 10 people in the race....

plus this is why no b race ? :angry:

i am sure the people that have this car inc me would like to have a chance in b race at least rather than a long race for a few people

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#11 ToniA

ToniA

Novice

• 15 posts
  • Facebook:toni.anicic
  • LocationMünchen

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

il join if is endu

#12 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I disagree with full lenght race sustainers. Come on guys, there will be only 14 drivers on the grid, not 40-70, this means that after one 1,5 hours there will be 3 drivers finishing the race, and located in three far sectors of the track. It should have sense if starting grid was composed by a lot of drivers, but not with this little grid for endurance races.

Yep, this is why I voted for less than 50%

#13 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

Ive voted 50% .. its approximatly the length of last weeks race and that is still more endurence then typical for SRO. Too long race with 14people on grid will stretch out very heavily + that there will be no B Race + the stretched field will be boring to whatch 2hrs or more ;)

90min seems to me a good length for a race in that sro format and it allows A/B Race which makes it even more agreeable. For longer races i would suggest opening a different format event that suits that race length better.

edit: i aggree that it can be fun to have long races but only as allready suggested if you have large grids with multi-class situations. As far as SRW cant get the servers and client to make that happen i wouldnt do that.

#14 Racecarfan

Racecarfan

Novice

• 48 posts
  • LocationOshawa Ontario Canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:59 PM

I don't know about the rest of you but more than 45 min staring at a 32 inch HD monitor drives my eyes wonky . 

#15 Wildseven

Wildseven

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationRome, Italy

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

About 50% is more than enough

#16 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

Whats wrong with that? Even if no one finished it would be an awesome test of endurance.

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#17 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:35 AM

oh comon. 2,5 hours of racing with 14 cars. i think the most votes for a 2.5 hour race are from people who will not qualify for that race. People who qualfied for the race dont wanna race 2.5 hours. i wouldnt have a problem to vote for a 1000 laps race too, if i am not driving :D

50% race lenght is more than enough.

btw: ace great quali time ;)

#18 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:51 AM

i think the most votes for a 2.5 hour race are from people who will not qualify for that race. People who qualfied for the race dont wanna race 2.5 hours.

you're wrong, me and Axf voted for 2,5h and I think we both will qualify. Its really good opportunity to test ourself in such a long race, we should do 100%!

if not lets celebrate American Le Mans Series with 20 min race - lol

btw. its really nice to see complains about the length of race from people who even do not have the car... :wacko:

#19 vanPanther

vanPanther

Seasoned

• 56 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

you're wrong, me and Axf voted for 2,5h and I think we both will qualify. Its really good opportunity to test ourself in such a long race, we should do 100%!

ok, thats 2 out of 14 :D

#20 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:04 AM

Me and JMOO too van, so let's say at least 4 out of 14 :)

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: srwsro32, srwrttw32, corvette c6r gt2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users