13 replies to this topic

#1 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

I'm tired ot this,honestly.

3 of 5 car that i bought are ODD like hell

Formula cars are really stiffer, really.

This formula i think is boat formula because is 4wd drifting without counter.

Video here.

Please do something

#2 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

Another one.

#3 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • Facebook:Tsukki.Zakki
  • Twitter:Jezzay86
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:35 PM

Hi xoxo1911, 

I've driven this car quite a few times, but not long enough to probably give you additional feedback, I'll try to drive the car more to pick up what feels odd, but in the mean time.

Could you kindly provide more details on how the physics seem odd to you, I feel that there is not enough feedback information here.

Could you provide additional information such as what tracks you are using, and break it down section by section, such as; what feels different on initial braking from low speed or high speed, what happens on turn in, mid corner, and corner exit.

How the car behaves on a "high speed" turn, constant radius turns, decreasing radius turns, "S" Turns, Chicanes, hairpins etc?

The more detailed feedback information you can provide, the better SRW can improve the physics for all of us.

#4 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:33 PM

t's not about the feedback man but thanks. The tyre is too loose that is what I mean.
Slip angle peaks range in Formula 3.5 tyres is from 11 degrees up to around 19.
Street legal tyres usually peak around 10 degrees, GT slicks around 6, open wheelers even less.
Formula 3.5 tyres in simraceway flex over two times more.

#5 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Hi xoxo1911,

Perfect!!, the information you just provided is perfectly fine. It falls under the same feedback information that I requested.

The feedback that I requested it's not related to "Force Feedback", in fact you're original post, is indeed feedback in-itself.

=)

Thanks for the prompt reply, I'm sure when SRW reads this thread they will now have the information that they need.

I believe you may have other threads open, if you want, I think it would be a good idea to add additional information if you can to those posts.

SRW loves feedback!! the more feedback the better it is for everyone!

#6 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Quick two part question for you, what controller are you using, and secondly, if you are using a wheel, when you do your braking, are you using your right foot? or left foot?

I'm noticing I'm sliding around when I right foot brake with the Formula 3.5, the sliding occurs in the off throttle phase between braking and getting back onto the throttle on turn in. but when I left foot brake, it seems the car doesn't slide at all like the videos you posted.

this was something i noticed while driving the car. If possible do you think you can replicate this?

I'm using a G27, set to 450 degrees, utilizing 12.5 steering lock for this vehicle.

I'm pretty certain that some of the vehicles could use a physics update though, at this point I just want to make sure I'm noticing the exact same thing that you are experiencing.

#7 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Its not about left/right foot braking or different wheel using.

Its about physical tyre model. If someone create a formula tyre with slip angle peaks range from 11(on 0N load) degrees up to around 19(on 14000N load) something is really wrong.

#8 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:32 AM

Then how are you able to tell the slip angles in this game? the only thing i can think of is some form of telemetry, if we had a telemetry data logger and  reader built into this game we could probably find out what the actual slip angles would be

#9 SRW_Simon

SRW_Simon

CSR

• 10 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:50 AM

Hello Xoxo1911,

Could you please go into a little more depth on the matter,  this is a good conversation that would require a little more research so our team can take a look at your findings.

Kind regards

Simon
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
Leeds, United Kingdom

#10 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:45 PM

Then how are you able to tell the slip angles in this game? the only thing i can think of is some form of telemetry, if we had a telemetry data logger and  reader built into this game we could probably find out what the actual slip angles would be

I can, its all i can tell you.

Hello Xoxo1911,

Could you please go into a little more depth on the matter,  this is a good conversation that would require a little more research so our team can take a look at your findings.

Kind regards

I won't paste contents of your files in here because these are officially coded. So without your permission I won't do that. However you could tell your physics man in charge to update the tyres with more believeable slip angles (latlongpeak first and second values). Look at the Niels Heusinkveld modifications for rFactor. There are two released cars - Toyota Supra and Chevrolet Corvette. Open the tyre file and have a look how he set the latlongpeak values - especially the range between first and second value. I don't mean you should copy his work, I just want to point out that setting something like 0.085, 0.34 is not the way to go. You will get overly loose tyres from this kind of input. Try to have narrow range like 0.13, 0.135. You do have this kind of approach in some other cars - GT86 for example. Also remember to calculate PneumaticTrail values. Leaving it at 0 is just a bad idea altogether. To end this long message - please turn off the Pump in .hd files of RWD cars. Pump is for 4WD cars ONLY. It splits the power between front and rear wheels.
To calculate engine ready value from slip angle in degrees type "sine 6 degrees" in google.

#11 Tally Ho

Tally Ho

Contributor

• 9 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:53 PM

It is definetly happening on other cars as well.

You execessively steer the car on entry and instead of the car spinning out, it holds a drift that doesn't really need any counter-steering to maintain. You can sort of see it happen, in the video (0:01) in the 2nd post.

What should happen is that the car should swap ends and go spinning off the circuit when it starts to drift, just before it reaches the inside of the 1st corner in the video. At the next corner, you see the resistance to spin out again as the driver induces oversteer.

#12 xoxo1911

xoxo1911

Novice

• 21 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:29 PM

It is definetly happening on other cars as well.

Yes, not only formula 3,5 is odd.

I created topic for cars that i bought and have really odd physics. If you have different cars with odd behaviour please create topic in bugs section

#13 j_smith

j_smith

Semi-Pro

• 159 posts
  • LocationCayman Islands

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

I'm familiar with that Corvette and Supra Mod for Rfactor, those are really fun cars to drive =D, I'm looking forward to the NSX that he is creating =)

#14 Tally Ho

Tally Ho

Contributor

• 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

The handling effect is not really a bug?

Its a physics set for joypads, mouse etc?

Or maybe to make the cars a bit easier to drive for beginners.

Just speculating!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users