• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:41 AM

ATTENTION SRW Sunday Race-Off 31 Evo racers! Seems like there's a bug in the pitlane of Silverstone National. Pit speed limit starts earlier than it should. I made the screenshots below to illustrate the problem.

Be careful during the race, because you might easily run into a Drive Through penalty!  :wacko:

Attached Files

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 Ribeiro

Ribeiro

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationSao Paulo, Brazil

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

This week I came back to SRW, but still using my broken steering wheel, I participated in some hotlap events, and I'm glad to see that I did not miss much of what I learned, and I was always close to the first places.

Talking about the SRWRTTW, I did few laps on Thursday, and my intention was not to qualify for the race, because running with a broken wheel would be a risk not only for me but for others, so feel free to replace me by other driver (it seems there no longer exists the reserve list?), sorry for not having warned before, this is my first interaction with the new community.

#23 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the information  :) Was it too dark for you?

I think we'll need some lights on the track, or at least something that won't disappear in blackness and we can adjust our things to. Last 2 laps for me was awful, headlights didn't help at all. For me, it was way too dark :(

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#24 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 12:27 PM

I think we'll need some lights on the track, or at least something that won't disappear in blackness and we can adjust our things to. Last 2 laps for me was awful, headlights didn't help at all. For me, it was way too dark :(

Lights will be obligatory, for sure... I'll double check everything before the race and inform everyone. Please keep practicing in the event and delivering feedback here!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#25 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

REMINDER for SRW Sunday Race-Off 31 A and B racers! Pitstops are mandatory, that means you have to pit. There are 2 pitstops in the B race and 4 in A, with a minimum of 5 laps distance between them.

For example, you can pit on lap 1, 6, 11 and 16, but you CANT pit on lap 1, 4, 6 and 8.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#26 Ludovic Gayon

Ludovic Gayon

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • Facebook:arckeo72
  • LocationFrance

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:08 PM

Hello,

I would like to say i cant make the race Evo.

Bye

Arckeo 72

#27 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

2nd run, problem is still. I can't see nothing out of the rays of my headlights. lap29 and 30 i'm just following what's 5m ahead of my car. in lap30 even the barriers go black, and the light from my car doesn't reflect on it. 
I guess it's too late to give the track light posts, will we finish the race a bit earlier in daytime in case of blindness ?

#28 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:16 PM

30 laps of pure intensity :)
the extremely short track and racing into night really mixed up the cards. keep it this way !

MrPiet and Ragster I must say sorry for being on defense so agressively, and a thank you for keeping it cool and not knocking me off world :) it was nice to battle against you both.

#29 MrPiet

MrPiet

Seasoned

• 51 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

30 laps of pure intensity :)
the extremely short track and racing into night really mixed up the cards. keep it this way !

MrPiet and Ragster I must say sorry for being on defense so agressively, and a thank you for keeping it cool and not knocking me off world :) it was nice to battle against you both.

Don't be sorry for being aggressive on the defence...it's part of racing.

I enjoyed this race very much (hopefully all the others did too) although my qualifing wasn't that great.

At the end of the race I think it was a little bit too dark.

#30 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

I felt a couple squeezes were a bit less than polite from me :) I mean, in real life race I probably wouldn't be that rude on those specific situations.
It was nice going with the front runners, guys there definitely had respect to other players' cars. 
lookin' forward to the next one !

#31 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:00 AM

My pitstop are in 5th - 12th - 15th - 24th lap. There are only 3 laps between 12-15, because in 14 lap my frontwing is crashed...

#32 shaun24

shaun24

Seasoned

• 67 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jakub.kucharik.3?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationPrague, CZE

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

Damm! This was the 2nd Sunday Race-off where I got a "connection lost" error while racing :( although I reinstalled the game few days before the race.

Despite this it was a great race until I lost the connection. I overtook succesfully some drivers after my pit stop - matrox, luigi, saverio, which was lot of fun, however it would have been much harder if they didn´t do mistakes as it is very difficult to drive in dirty air - the car gets lot of understeer especially in fast corners at Silverstone.

I would like to know what causes the connection lost error. Is my internet connection bad or is something wrong in the game, servers??? 

#33 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

Thats very unfortunate shaun and I know how frustrating that can be. I had this happen to me 3 SRO's in a row a while back and originally thought it was to do with the game servers but now I believe it's internet connection at peak times. I haven't actually changed anything but it seems fine now (touch wood) although sometimes I see ghosting cars and some ppl say my car ghosts.

I managed to stream bits of this race and you looked like you were going very well. Hopefully the connection lost is just a one-off and won't happen to you again.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#34 jmoo1

jmoo1

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:09 PM

Hi all

although my race turned into a mess on lap 16 lying in 2nd place, i realy realy enjoyed it. i barely have time for hobbies and even family at the moment, but always try to make the SRO's.

This one was special cause it was pure in format and as close as we get to reality i guess!! we even had coss drive a true mercedes amg as a safety car. only thing now missing is the cheering crowd, grid girls and a small grey haired napoleon!! :D

the full length was awsome, cause it added more seriousness and more options to make up or loose ground. with the shorter races its sometimes impossible to make up for small mistakes...

pit stops were a good add on ( and in my opinion not sensless ) cause it challenges the driver to manage inlap and outlap aswell as strategic thinking of when to pit.

we have the skill of drivers here for these kind of events and i hope we will see many more of these in the ultimate near future :D

even better if we have a series like that starting soon :)

#35 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:05 PM

We can't escape from the fact: "This is a technical sport"..... :D I raced my very first sro with a Radeon HD 6670 vga. It was just a half level better than a lost connection. :)
I think it was your ISP's or hardware/av fault, as far as I know only you lost connection during this sro. Let's hope next time you can finish the race without problem !

#36 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

ATTENTION SRW Sunday Race-Off 31 Evo racers! Seems like there's a bug in the pitlane of Silverstone National. Pit speed limit starts earlier than it should. I made the screenshots below to illustrate the problem.

Be careful during the race, because you might easily run into a Drive Through penalty!  :wacko:

An update is coming to this one. Speed trap will be moved forward, to the last white line. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#37 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

For those who missed it...

Results of Sunday Race-Off 31 events are announced at the bottom of the main post and all prizes awarded for Sunday Race-Off 31B and 31A paid out and in your accounts. 

Congratulations  :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users