Photo

Starting positions in Quick Races

quick race skillquant grid starting positions

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Starting positions in Quick Races (38 member(s) have cast votes)

What should decide about the starting positions in Quick Races?

1. Skillquant score: the higher, the better starting position (12 votes [31.58%])

Percentage of vote: 31.58%

2. Loading time into the server: the quicker, the better starting position (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. A randomizer, regardless of Skillquant and loading time (15 votes [39.47%])

Percentage of vote: 39.47%

4. Short Qualifying session, just like in Challenge events (9 votes [23.68%])

Percentage of vote: 23.68%

5. I don't mind any of these, just want to race! (2 votes [5.26%])

Percentage of vote: 5.26%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:29 PM

Before voting, please view this: http://community.sim...hl=+start +grid 

and this: http://community.sim...starting-grids/ discussion. 

Both will give you a good insight on the purpose of this poll and help making the best choice.  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:12 AM

why isnt there a option for reverse GRID basing on the SQ? So highest score is last in grid. :(

#3 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,810 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

why isnt there a option for reverse GRID basing on the SQ? So highest score is last in grid. :(

Please check: http://community.sim...k-races/?p=2830

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#4 tigre73

tigre73

Semi-Pro

• 202 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

Randomizer would penalize drivers that worked to reach high skillquant; novice want beat expert drive then he must do a good job

#5 Stroggefier

Stroggefier

Novice

• 16 posts
  • LocationLimburg, Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

Although the randomizer option grants practice for overtaking, I agree with most comments about the negative side of it. My vote goes to the SQ score.

#6 Francesco_H.

Francesco_H.

Contributor

• 8 posts
  • LocationAustria/Stockerau

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

I don't mind any of these, just want to race....

Gruß Francesco 

#7 Simon92

Simon92

Novice

• 46 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:17 PM

Having a qualifying would give us the chance to start the Qr and still have some poeple join. This would thereby reduce the waiting time to 0 and we could still get a full grid.

#8 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

i would have voted reverse SQ i guess

lol i was always at  / near front on load time then still stuck at front for blooming broken SQ !

rev SQ would make it a bit interesting and the idiots could all fly off at t1 and not into the back of me as usual

as it was i voted random

but i think it should be 'wear leveled' random

so u get roughly same number of times per position on grid

load times and by SQ both are teh worst ones ;)

maybe with exception of ovals... were by SQ maybe is not so bad and maybe even useful

but rev sq would be ok i guess there too

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#9 Mrjones_83

Mrjones_83

Novice

• 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

Qualifying & add a couple laps to the races.

To me, the Randomization of positions is a terrible idea.

#10 Demitri

Demitri

Seasoned

• 88 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

In my opinion, a short qualifying session is the best option, because it would not only allow us to actually be on the track (earning credits) while waiting for more people to join, but it would also give the more skilled players the opportunity to sort of choose where to start on the grid. If they want to start at the back, they can just crawl around on the track or not leave the pits at all.

Plus, since this game is supposed to simulate real racing, it seems only logical to have a qualifying session. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a real racing championship, in which the starting grid is determined by the drivers' past achievements.

My SQ: 870-ish

My car collection: 102 cars

My wheel: Logitech G27

#11 DamianBlack

DamianBlack

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I think the starting grid for "QUICKRACES" should be randomized.

I also don't get what people mean by its unfair for people who have a high sq, there are noobs with high sq that race ovals. 

In my opinion, a short qualifying session is the best option, because it would not only allow us to actually be on the track (earning credits) while waiting for more people to join, but it would also give the more skilled players the opportunity to sort of choose where to start on the grid. If they want to start at the back, they can just crawl around on the track or not leave the pits at all.

Plus, since this game is supposed to simulate real racing, it seems only logical to have a qualifying session. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can't think of a real racing championship, in which the starting grid is determined by the drivers' past achievements.

I agree and disagree 

I don't think a short qualifying for quick races is needed. i would rather see the qualifying for Event races be abit shorter so we can get more people racing those then QR.

in QR i wanna get on do a "QR" then leave. 

"but I can't think of a real racing championship, in which the starting grid is determined by the drivers' past achievements."  Yes very true

DownShiftRacingTeam

#12 DamianBlack

DamianBlack

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:46 PM

Qualifying & add a couple laps to the races.

To me, the Randomization of positions is a terrible idea.

Qualifying and longer races to me is the opposite to what QR should be.

as i said

If the event qualifying went from 15 to 30 mins of qualifying.  to 4 laps .1 warm up and 3 timed. then more people would race in event races which have more laps and the event prizes.

i think challenge events should be used way more then it is right now. 

DownShiftRacingTeam

#13 Simon92

Simon92

Novice

• 46 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:32 PM

I think the main problem is that there are two directions this community wants to go. on the one hand there are drivers who come from simulations like Rfactor, GTR2 and so on. they are used to a practice session, qualifying and then the race. A "Qick Race" with all its sessions includet was about 30 min.

I still call this a "Quick Race" as is is only for fun instead of any prizes like the srw events.

On the other hand, there are the drivers coming from race driver and similar onlinegames and used to jumping into a race and just drive.

Oviously we can not get both into one car. Either QR stays the way it is, waiting times in the loby would depend on the amount of players or we change towards a structure the others like, with practice and qualifying.

My idea is to split the QR in "just race" and "QR-weekend" or to seperate the challenges from the events creating another stand alone menue, (just like QR).

At the current challenges hardly anyone is racing for fun but for the prize. I would like to have the possibility to race with others for fun but not at these arcade like QR.

Just have a look at the succesful games of the last decade and give us, what has made them famous

#14 Mrjones_83

Mrjones_83

Novice

• 47 posts
  • LocationSouthern Ontario, Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:27 AM

Qualifying and longer races to me is the opposite to what QR should be.

A QR is still a race. Which involves a practice session, qualifying session, warm-up & race. Race-car drivers don't just show up at the track & race. Also, i dont see how adding a couple laps no longer makes it a QR :huh:, doubling the length maybe but not a couple laps.

#15 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:54 PM

A QR is still a race. Which involves a practice session, qualifying session, warm-up & race. Race-car drivers don't just show up at the track & race. Also, i dont see how adding a couple laps no longer makes it a QR :huh:, doubling the length maybe but not a couple laps.

Race drivers don't do QR's though  ;) They do full races, I don't think there are any real races that do 5 or less laps (of normal length tracks anyway) in a race. Anyway isn't the point of a QR that there isn't all the other sessions to do, I'm not sure it just refers to the length of the race itself. Of course they could just remove the word "Quick" from it, or we just leave it as it is and utilize the Challenge events better (and more of them!).

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quick race, skillquant, grid, starting positions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users