• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#21 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

We started doing this format last week and ever since the last one ended we had a couple discussions about what next. Please keep the feedback coming and we'll base the decision on your opinions. 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#22 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:47 AM

Whilst driving around in circles, I was thinking of a way to improve this event - I came up with the idea of a random prize draw where everyone who sets a time in the event is entered. To give an extra incentive to do as many laps as possible, an extra entry in the draw could be given for every 100 miles covered - so, if you do 200 miles in the event, you've got 3 entries in the draw, as opposed to 1 for someone who does one lap and leaves.

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#23 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

Rather than just down to luck, I kind of see this event as a team thing. You need a team mate to help each other put up a decent half an hour session. If you think of it like that, it actually starts to make the event better. 

Whilst driving around in circles, I was thinking of a way to improve this event - I came up with the idea of a random prize draw where everyone who sets a time in the event is entered. To give an extra incentive to do as many laps as possible, an extra entry in the draw could be given for every 100 miles covered - so, if you do 200 miles in the event, you've got 3 entries in the draw, as opposed to 1 for someone who does one lap and leaves.

Now that is a fine idea that Stiggy. +1 to that.

Only I'd recommend 1 entry per 10 laps or something. Do 100 laps and you get 10 entries in the pot. It is a nice mix between luck and participation. Speed not required.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#24 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

For next cashback events i suggest a more fair way to compete. For a given track and a given car, SRW chooses a given time to get. Who gets closest to given time, wins.

F.e. Mercedes 300SL Gullwing@Zandvoort, given time 2.25.000. Who gets closest to 2.25.000, wins! Maybe given time should be not a fast time, to give possibilities everyone to win.

#25 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

Another good idea Pepp :)

I can imagine the leaderboard now. The top runners would likely be the furthest away from a win lol

You could also break down that idea into sectors to make it trickier. 

Sector 1 target: 32.5secs (might be quite slow)

Sector 2 target: 19.7 (fairly quick)

Sector 3 target: 25.1 (average)

Those that get closest to all 3 sector times are in the running for wins.

If not everyone can be fast, we need these alternative ways for the average person to have a crack at winning something.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#26 Axfitey

Axfitey

Novice

• 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

1 hour before the end of the Gullwing cashback me and sikham conducted an experiment. We extended session for each other and see how many laps we can make. I extended session for sikham by 4 minutes and he extended mine by 7.5 min. He was driving 15 km/h and as soon as he stopped the server restarted. That's why I extended his session "only" by 4 minutes. Now tell me, where in this can you find fairness? First four who made most miles have extended the session for each other. First six, in the official results most likely.

Change this format, it is awful.

I had to drive for 24 hours to get my 180$ prize for Zonda. Now you only need a friend who's going to extend your session and you can win. The first cashback was endurance, now its a festival who can exploit better.

#27 LuigiUR

LuigiUR

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

It would have been more correct to a 24-hour race

#28 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

For next cashback events i suggest a more fair way to compete. For a given track and a given car, SRW chooses a given time to get. Who gets closest to given time, wins.

F.e. Mercedes 300SL Gullwing@Zandvoort, given time 2.25.000. Who gets closest to 2.25.000, wins! Maybe given time should be not a fast time, to give possibilities everyone to win.

That's a good idea, the Time Target. It's something we tried last year, but decided to cancel and not to continue because leaderboards were not suitable for it - not clear enough. I proposed it for this Thursday when we discussed it on Monday, but together we decided that we need another good try to the 30 minutes/1 session format. 

At the moment, we dont have results from after the midnight yet (only 11:00PM), so let's wait untill then with final statements.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#29 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

Even though it makes me happy to see a variety of drivers in the prizes, the feedback about format is making me sad. It will definitely be refined or change completely for next edition, although we also consider cancelling it.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#30 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:49 PM

If not everyone can be fast, we need these alternative ways for the average person to have a crack at winning something.

you made my day. it's simracing (so simulating real racing) do real racing reward slow or average drivers ? I dont get SRW point to reward not only very best drivers, it's against the rules of sport competition. Is SRW afraid that "slow" drivers will not play any more because they didn't get a piece of prize cake ?

If you cant get a prize you should not complain you should improve to get it, giving prizes to everyone will end with lack of motivation and will to improve driving skills - i can get a prize so why should i try harder to improve ?

#31 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

Here are the final results:

1st - Peppinho 46.053 Miles Raced $220

2nd - Saverio 45.742 Miles Raced $154

3rd - LuigiUR 45.691 Miles Raced $110

4th - CrazyBuzzy 45.613 Miles Raced $88

5th - Axfitey 45.276 Miles Raced $66

6th - sikham 42.397 Miles Raced $44

7th - Matt1010 40.639 Miles Raced $22

8th - Stroggefier 40.605 Miles Raced $22

9th - Piratella 40.546 Miles Raced $22

10th - RaZoR-92 40.539 Miles Raced $22

Congratulations everyone! One thing for sure - hard work was rewarded again. It was not as hard as the Zonda R event, but definitely much harder than last week. The ones who drove the longest were rewarded and there's no doubt about it.  :)

Stay tuned for more news about the future of this event...

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#32 Axfitey

Axfitey

Novice

• 39 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

The ones who drove the longest were rewarded and there's no doubt about it.

lol

#33 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

well,that was an intense event,I lost the third place for 70 yards and the second for 130 yards  :unsure:

but at the end I am happy with the forth place  :D

#34 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

i guess the rules about collusion were suspended for this event................................................

the collusion 100 brought to you by simraceway

it was spelt out last week practice mode = same time for all and qual mode = cheat collusion mode and srw chose collusion mode..............

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#35 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

i guess the rules about collusion were suspended for this event................................................

the collusion 100 brought to you by simraceway

it was spelt out last week practice mode = same time for all and qual mode = cheat collusion mode and srw chose collusion mode..............

This is a good idea, Jolly, except we cannot make a private Practice session  :(

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#36 Ragster

Ragster

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 127 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hi guys

I have not entered this event,but i think it should go back to the 24hr format,i really liked the randomness of it,someone really putting alot of effort in to win the prizes,if not then maybe it could come down to racing for this event.

I dont like this getting a friend to help win any prize,it was proved to be the case this time people were doing it.

Funny thing was i had a hunch that pepp would win the 1st prize,but i liked stig winning it last week a whole lot more.

#37 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

you made my day. it's simracing (so simulating real racing) do real racing reward slow or average drivers ? I dont get SRW point to reward not only very best drivers, it's against the rules of sport competition. Is SRW afraid that "slow" drivers will not play any more because they didn't get a piece of prize cake ?

If you cant get a prize you should not complain you should improve to get it, giving prizes to everyone will end with lack of motivation and will to improve driving skills - i can get a prize so why should i try harder to improve ?

1 hour before the end of the Gullwing cashback me and sikham conducted an experiment. We extended session for each other and see how many laps we can make. I extended session for sikham by 4 minutes and he extended mine by 7.5 min. He was driving 15 km/h and as soon as he stopped the server restarted. That's why I extended his session "only" by 4 minutes. Now tell me, where in this can you find fairness? First four who made most miles have extended the session for each other. First six, in the official results most likely.
Change this format, it is awful.
I had to drive for 24 hours to get my 180$ prize for Zonda. Now you only need a friend who's going to extend your session and you can win. The first cashback was endurance, now its a festival who can exploit better.

I have to agree, I don't get the point of how this event I'd being run at the moment. If it's the most miles in a half hour session then only the mile should count. from when the clock starts at 30 minutes and when it gets to 0, not the extention at the end. Also DQ'd laps should not count. The problem with this is I suspect SRW would have problem calculating the miles if this was the case, but at the moment it just seems like there is very little driving skill needed to do well in this event.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#38 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Cossacco, you wrote this in the old forum:

Cossacco (Online Events Planner at Simraceway) 17 days ago
The purpose of Hot Lap and a private session is to make sure that 1. you can drive continuously and not have to wait for next race in Quick Race. 2. be able to drive at any time you want, without the risk of being left out in a Quick Race lobby, while everyone else is racing, just because you missed the occasion to join, 3. not be interfered by anyone else, what includes blocking or various types of contact. Shortly saying - it's all up to you there.

I.o.w. you didn't use the WDW format because the quickraces made you dependent from other drivers. But since you still depend on others - you need someone who extends your session - it may be better to return to the WDW format because then everybody has the same chances. Although I'd reserve the 3x8hr session format for the expensive cars and use more but shorter sessions for the cheaper cars.

#39 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

It depends on session type. Hot Laps are being held in Qualifying session and that one has a special feature, which follows the real life rules. As long as the laptime was started before the end of session, server should allow the driver to finish the lap. Practice or Warmup sessions would move on regardless.

In your example, player A would most likely be in a DQed state (because he was "all over the track, into the gravel"), so player B will be the one that server waits for.

Other than that, none of the proposed answers is correct, so I won't pick one.

Does this mean that in event someone could on there last lap after the timer hits zero just park their car on the track would keep the session open for other drivers for several hours if they wanted, or they could just drive in circles for hours racking up their mileage?

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#40 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

Does this mean that in event someone could on there last lap after the timer hits zero just park their car on the track would keep the session open for other drivers for several hours if they wanted, or they could just drive in circles for hours racking up their mileage?

No.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cashback thursday, cashback, mercedes-benz, mercedez-benz 300sl gullwing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users