cashback thursday cashback mercedes-benz sls amg

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 Rootsquash

Rootsquash

Novice

• 23 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:01 PM

An increased average speed will also get you a faster laptime. If your average speed increases from 89 to 90 mph, your laptime increases from 2:15.79 to 2:14.28.

There is no difference how fast you go or what lines you take because one lap at Brno is 3,3 miles. You can drive however you like but at the end of lap you will have 3,3 miles! Hope we all agree on that.

It's 3.3 miles if you follow the racing line, more (or sometimes less) if you don't.

So if you choose a longer line and drive with the same average speed, your lap time will increase.

If you can find a line that allows for a higher average speed, you can do more "miles per hour" or "distance per time" and win this event, even though this line is longer than the ideal racing line and not the quickest* way around the track.

*least amount of time

#42 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:38 PM

Very good discussion above! Thanks for all the feedback shared. Seems like most of you have quickly figured out the little twist in this type of event  :)

Here are the final results:

1st - TheStig13 47.6567 Miles Raced $18.30

2nd - Woolly 47.4162 Miles Raced $12.81

3rd - MadMax66 47.4069 Miles Raced $9.15

4th - nathanalfa 47.4050 Miles Raced $7.32

5th - Mr_Jolly 47.4019 Miles Raced $5.49

6th - elitespeedway 47.3951 Miles Raced $3.66

7th - Piratella 47.3727 Miles Raced $1.83

8th - Peppinho 47.3050 Miles Raced $1.83

9th - MarkBass 46.3947 Miles Raced $1.83

10th - ozanesk 46.2884 Miles Raced $1.83

Congratulations to everyone who made it to the top 10 - very, very close battle for each position! :D

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#43 Stiggy

Stiggy

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 209 posts
  • LocationNorthern NSW, Australia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

Wow, that certainly came as a surprise! Didn't think I'd have much of a chance of winning anything in this event - I thought if I was lucky, I could scrape into the top 10 and earn the price of the car back. I'd have to say this type of event is half luck and half quick lap times, as you'll need the lap times to make sure you can get the most laps that are possible in half an hour and the luck would be how much you can keep going for after the checkered flag is waved.

Here's a question for Coss - will this event have a different format next week, will it go back to last week's format where all 24 hours counted or will it keep this format of only one session?

"Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen in Le Mans

Racing and hotlapping for 4 years in Simraceway

#44 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:36 PM

Wow, that certainly came as a surprise! Didn't think I'd have much of a chance of winning anything in this event - I thought if I was lucky, I could scrape into the top 10 and earn the price of the car back. I'd have to say this type of event is half luck and half quick lap times, as you'll need the lap times to make sure you can get the most laps that are possible in half an hour and the luck would be how much you can keep going for after the checkered flag is waved.

Here's a question for Coss - will this event have a different format next week, will it go back to last week's format where all 24 hours counted or will it keep this format of only one session?

Congratulations again Stiggy! Great work, your position was very solid  :)

Thanks for revealing some of your secret too, hopefully makes things clearer for some other drivers. At this moment, I don't know the answer. We will be discussing this. Please keep the feedback coming  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#45 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

luck would be how much you can keep going for after the checkered flag is waved.

I wondered about this bit too. 

At the end of a session, is it supposed to be a fixed number of time before the session ends or does it vary depending on what the drivers are doing? 

Lets say for example in this scenario:

• End of session occurs.
  • Player A is all over the track, into the gravel but has not completed his finishing lap.
  • Player B is fast and tidy, completes his 14 laps and goes across the checkered flag.

A ) Does the server wait for player A to cross the line before ending? This would give Player B chance to keep going and complete another lap off the record but racking up more mileage.

Or

B )At the End of Session time, the server then gives all players a firm 60 seconds or so regardless of who is where?

If the answer would be A then it could be considered unfair as a player could agree with another player to waste time in order to help get better results.

In my experience from Hot Lap events, it seemed to vary in time between the chequered flag and the amount of grace time given. I'm not sure if it is just me or if it was true.

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#46 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:19 AM

I wondered about this bit too. 

At the end of a session, is it supposed to be a fixed number of time before the session ends or does it vary depending on what the drivers are doing? 

Lets say for example in this scenario:

• End of session occurs.
  • Player A is all over the track, into the gravel but has not completed his finishing lap.
  • Player B is fast and tidy, completes his 14 laps and goes across the checkered flag.

A ) Does the server wait for player A to cross the line before ending? This would give Player B chance to keep going and complete another lap off the record but racking up more mileage.

Or

B )At the End of Session time, the server then gives all players a firm 60 seconds or so regardless of who is where?

If the answer would be A then it could be considered unfair as a player could agree with another player to waste time in order to help get better results.

In my experience from Hot Lap events, it seemed to vary in time between the chequered flag and the amount of grace time given. I'm not sure if it is just me or if it was true.

It depends on session type. Hot Laps are being held in Qualifying session and that one has a special feature, which follows the real life rules. As long as the laptime was started before the end of session, server should allow the driver to finish the lap. Practice or Warmup sessions would move on regardless. 

In your example, player A would most likely be in a DQed state (because he was "all over the track, into the gravel"), so player B will be the one that server waits for.

Other than that, none of the proposed answers is correct, so I won't pick one.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#47 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

It depends on session type. Hot Laps are being held in Qualifying session and that one has a special feature, which follows the real life rules. As long as the laptime was started before the end of session, server should allow the driver to finish the lap. Practice or Warmup sessions would move on regardless. 

In your example, player A would most likely be in a DQed state (because he was "all over the track, into the gravel"), so player B will be the one that server waits for.

Other than that, none of the proposed answers is correct, so I won't pick one.

well for fairness we need it to be practice ?

now that the cat is out the bag

i did ponder this during the event but my session was alone

rick let u off the hook a bit with gravel example as that = dq and server moves on, rick u have to be precise, think of dealing with a lawyer :P

but someone driving round doing a timo glock(holder of the slowest lap in f1 history to let his friend 'win' the championship :rolleyes: )

then u can drive how much further ? miles n miles !

really dont want it to be get your number 2 driver to help u ;)
then returning favour....

even if not deliberate... its a bit odd if u 'luck' into a situation where u get a 1 or 2 mins extra driving :wacko:

---

i was quite suprised with my position heh

i was thinking it would just end up the fastest ones.. and would need bit longer...

maybe the fast boys will max it next time ;)

boings at nigel for v fast payment of prizes B)

edit : liked my own post... trolllololol :P

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#48 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

well for fairness we need it to be practice ?

now that the cat is out the bag

i did ponder this during the event but my session was alone

rick let u off the hook a bit with gravel example as that = dq and server moves on, rick u have to be precise, think of dealing with a lawyer :P

but someone driving round doing a timo glock(holder of the slowest lap in f1 history to let his friend 'win' the championship :rolleyes: )

then u can drive how much further ? miles n miles !

really dont want it to be get your number 2 driver to help u ;)
then returning favour....

even if not deliberate... its a bit odd if u 'luck' into a situation where u get a 1 or 2 mins extra driving :wacko:

---

i was quite suprised with my position heh

i was thinking it would just end up the fastest ones.. and would need bit longer...

maybe the fast boys will max it next time ;)

boings at nigel for v fast payment of prizes B)

edit : liked my own post... trolllololol :P

:o

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#49 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

We will be discussing early next week, how can we improve the format, but one thing for sure - results will be updated more often, so you guys will have a better idea where you are at.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#50 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Maybe it would be better to have a SRW official start and stop the sessions then everyone could get the same 30 minutes. I'd make a thread where you can apply for a place in a session or get some drivers for a session and then send the drivers invitations for their sessions.

#51 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

24h event was better for me :) one 30min session challenge is about speed like all events here more miles for 24h was something different , strong will was more important than speed :) maybe session time should be extended to lets say real drivers stints up to 2-3h ? What do you think about that ?

I think making the event time a bit longer would be a good idea. Maybe depending on the car, but some 1 hour sessions would be good.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#52 Garaith

Garaith

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 03:25 PM

24h event was better for me :) one 30min session challenge is about speed like all events here more miles for 24h was something different , strong will was more important than speed :) maybe session time should be extended to lets say real drivers stints up to 2-3h ? What do you think about that ?

This last event did feel like all the other quick hotlaps, Please make this the one that has a endurance feel to it like LaMans and Rolex series.

#53 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:58 AM

I can confirm that we will keep the format intact this Thursday. The whole problem with a long event is that it requires a lot of spare time, which most of you don't have. That completely excludes a large group of drivers from the competition. 30 minutes based event keeps the door to prizes open for everyone, through the whole duration. Literally everyone can win, regardless of the joining moment.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#54 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

It is better as a 30 min event for me. I can do that in my lunch break. 

Are there any slow drivers available around 1pm BST on thursday? ;)

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#55 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

I can confirm that we will keep the format intact this Thursday. The whole problem with a long event is that it requires a lot of spare time, which most of you don't have. That completely excludes a large group of drivers from the competition. 30 minutes based event keeps the door to prizes open for everyone, through the whole duration. Literally everyone can win, regardless of the joining moment.

Fair enough, but personally I believe that the drivers that are most likely to be the quickest anyway (which equals more miles raced) are the ones that practice it the most during that day, so it still comes down to the drivers that have the most time to spend on it. But it certainly gives people with less time more of a chance, though it would be good to have the 24 hours format used now and then for certain cars.

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cashback thursday, cashback, mercedes-benz sls amg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users