cashback thursday cashback mercedes-benz sls amg

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#21 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Yes, but why are ozanesk and Garaith in there? 38 is less than 40 which you get after a dozen laps at Brno.

#22 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

Yes, but why are ozanesk and Garaith in there? 38 is less than 40 which you get after a dozen laps at Brno.

It could be due to the fact that your result wasn't acknowledged by the system yet.  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#23 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

Then give that system a kick where the sun doesn't shine because my result's been on the leaderboard for several hours. <_<

Though I don't really expect to win because Crazybuzzy and lazaros16 also drove 14 laps (13 without the outlap) and are not in the list.

#24 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Then give that system a kick where the sun doesn't shine because my result's been on the leaderboard for several hours. <_<

Though I don't really expect to win because Crazybuzzy and lazaros16 also drove 14 laps (13 without the outlap) and are not in the list.

I gave it, but then it turned to me and said: give me some more time to compute all this data, dude.

Let's be patient and wait for the next results.  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#25 ToniA

ToniA

Novice

• 15 posts
  • Facebook:toni.anicic
  • LocationMünchen

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

That's a very interesting suggestion ToniA, but why?

Beacouse its more intersting.

You dont know are you first,second,last...u gonna push that car to your/car limit and that is what is making it more intersting.

Im only one who like this idea? damn...

#26 Garaith

Garaith

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:05 AM

24h event was better for me :) one 30min session challenge is about speed like all events here more miles for 24h was something different , strong will was more important than speed :) maybe session time should be extended to lets say real drivers stints up to 2-3h ? What do you think about that ?

I agree with this. Endurance and consistence are the key factors for this kind of event.

#27 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

Beacouse its more intersting.

You dont know are you first,second,last...u gonna push that car to your/car limit and that is what is making it more intersting.

Im only one who like this idea? damn...

one problem is u can see how many laps people did on server/ replay

in this thread people talk about how many laps are done etc

so things would need changed a lot :)

and people would still tell their friends what they did ;)
info for all is better than just for some :)

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#28 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

Current top 10:

1st - TheStig13 47.6567 Miles Raced

2nd - Woolly 47.4162 Miles Raced

3rd - nathanalfa 47.4050 Miles Raced

4th - elitespeedway 47.3951 Miles Raced

5th - Piratella 47.3727 Miles Raced

6th - Mr_Jolly 47.3615 Miles Raced

7th - Peppinho 47.3050 Miles Raced

8th - MadMax66 46.5481 Miles Raced

9th - MarkBass 46.3947 Miles Raced

10th - ozanesk 46.2884 Miles Raced

This is so close!  :o

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#29 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

Current top 10:

1st - TheStig13 47.6567 Miles Raced

2nd - Woolly 47.4162 Miles Raced

3rd - nathanalfa 47.4050 Miles Raced

4th - Mr_Jolly 47.4019 Miles Raced

5th - elitespeedway 47.3951 Miles Raced

6th - Piratella 47.3727 Miles Raced

7th - MadMax66 47.3721 Miles Raced

8th - Peppinho 47.3050 Miles Raced

9th - MarkBass 46.3947 Miles Raced

10th - ozanesk 46.2884 Miles Raced

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#30 Garaith

Garaith

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

Yep, those miles are so very close, I got squeezed off. Congratulations to you all on this event.

#31 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

I made 14 laps and the first split,so where am I?

#32 Lazaros Filippakos

Lazaros Filippakos

Novice

• 17 posts
  • Facebook:lazaros filippakos
  • LocationAthens,Greece

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:11 AM

We are missing some members here!:)

#33 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

I've just received a following report: 

Yes, it's miles and not metres.

It was me who sent report by mistake. That should be a post. :) Didnt registered until now for this forum. 

And if you look at results, its obviously metres. :)

Where am I on that leaderboard, I drove 14 laps in session?

Cheers

P.S. if its not too hard for you, please copy my whole report in this post. Thx

#34 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

Some people are missing the trick here and I thought I'd draw something to demonstrate a point. It is not how fast you drive round. It is distance. Those top times on the boards are a mute point because they don't tell you how far the person drove. You might think that faster times equals further distance in a 30 min session but not necessarily. Here is my diagram:

Attached File  distance-v-speed.png   11.5KB   0 downloads

The yellow line is the traditional racing line. Quick but is quite short.

The purple line is way slower per lap but a lot longer.

So as long as you do your 14 laps, then following the purple line would be longer distance. 

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#35 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

But you won't make 14 laps in one session if you follow the purple line. Your average speed (miles per half hour) has to be as high as possible and it's higher on the yellow line.

#36 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

The Distance you are able to race in a session is closely defined by average speed .. so far there is no average speed counter you could access thru the HUD. But to plan a session it is mostly recommend to choose the line that  combines a fast(no need for fastest) laptime and best corneringspeed .. because if you need to brake less and have good exiting speed your average speed will increase .. and that brings you more distance :)

#37 RickSpeed

RickSpeed

Semi-Pro

• 238 posts
  • Facebook:Gibbseykins
  • LocationHuddersfield, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

But you won't make 14 laps in one session if you follow the purple line. Your average speed (miles per half hour) has to be as high as possible and it's higher on the yellow line.

The purple line was an exaggeration. A bit of practice to see how much you could get away with taking the longer way round corners and you'll do the 14 laps with the longer line than yellow. I am guessing at this but that's the only way I can think why for example (not meaning to pick on him) Woolly is quite far down the Hot Lap leaderboard but holds 2nd place in the comp. It's not about speed etc. It's the purple ;)

SRW Leagues

Home of the SRW Fantasy League - Win Prizes for Guessing the Outcome of SRO!

My SQ: 968

#38 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

.. because if you need to brake less and have good exiting speed your average speed will increase .. and that brings you more distance :)

An increased average speed will also get you a faster laptime. If your average speed increases from 89 to 90 mph, your laptime increases from 2:15.79 to 2:14.28.

#39 vaskezzz

vaskezzz

Novice

• 19 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:17 AM

Well, I dont understand why all this posts about this event, when everything is very simple. I will try to explain why this is not good system.

On this track most of the guys drove 14 laps because its the most you can get. There is no way to make 15 in 30 min session on this track. So, question is what make difference between racers? Answer is simple, its outlap(lap that you get when session is over and game dont count your time). There is no difference how fast you go or what lines you take because one lap at Brno is 3,3 miles. You can drive however you like but at the end of lap you will have 3,3 miles! Hope we all agree on that.

Now, when you are alone in session you will drive those 14 laps and game will restart in certain point, I belive its always same amount of time in every session. So diference is only in that lap, if you go faster in first sector you will go further until restart.

But when you are not alone on server, you can go even further in that outlap if someone else is on his fastlap. In that situation game will not restart in standard time so you have extra seconds to make more miles.

What is the limit? I supose that limit is start-finish line of that outlap because if you enter 15. lap game will probably dq you (didnt try this out, just assume)

All this showing that in this event its not about how fast you drive, its not even endurance, its nothing except luck to have someone in session who will help you to go as close to start-finish line in that outlap.

Thats why I dont understand all this posts about speed, lines, limits etc. And thats why this is stupid because if you have one friend in session with you, you can exploit that fact and go to maximum distance

If game dont dq you after you enter 15. lap, you can make dosen of laps if your friend,for example, stuck in sand beside track in that last fast lap, or drive extremly slow so you can overtake him few times etc 

Thats it folks

#40 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

I think I should have planned my 1 and only session a bit better. When server started I spent too much time in set up, then outlap I went gravel trapping for about 6 seconds :) Doh!

Not gonna get chance to do another session unfortunately but loosing at the moment by about .250 of a mile is painful.

Nevermind, it was fun and enjoyed this close competition.

Good luck guys while I look forward to the next one

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cashback thursday, cashback, mercedes-benz sls amg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users