36 replies to this topic

#21 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

It works on vista ! thx

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#22 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:10 AM

Ok now ive tried that and until now i dont see/feel any difference - Well next SRO will show more i guess.

In common term i can say turning off Windows Sidebar process helps to free up to 10-15% cpu power in games. Also Aero eats loads of power if you run the game in window mode. Btw running srw windowed costs you some power but on the other hand it increases stability for some reason.

#23 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts
  • Facebook:Daniel_C
  • LocationBudapest, Hungary

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:42 AM

It works on vista ! thx

You're welcome ! :)

"Professional is not a level. It is a state of mind."

#24 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

Ok now ive tried that and until now i dont see/feel any difference - Well next SRO will show more i guess.

In common term i can say turning off Windows Sidebar process helps to free up to 10-15% cpu power in games. Also Aero eats loads of power if you run the game in window mode. Btw running srw windowed costs you some power but on the other hand it increases stability for some reason.

Full screen is much faster, has higher priority, and more stable (or at least, it should be).....If you have your vga driver set up correctly. It's very important if you want a smooth & stable 3d performance. Also, you can try forcing windows visual themes turn off completely while using specific applications, just right-click on it's icon > properties > compatibility tab. Try a practice session with lots of cars on some highly detailed circuit if you can, I hope you remember last time how fast or slow is was :)

#25 MagicSquirrel

MagicSquirrel

Novice

• 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 08:13 PM

Just want to give feedback:

I had severe problem in Troyton. In fact, the proposed steps helps a little. However, it is still not ok. There must be more reasons.

Win7 64 bit

HD5850

recent drivers

#26 LooseWheels

LooseWheels

Novice

• 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 10:18 AM

Just want to give feedback:

I had severe problem in Troyton. In fact, the proposed steps helps a little. However, it is still not ok. There must be more reasons.

Win7 64 bit

HD5850

recent drivers

I had problems with Troyton too, then I tried it with turning off the v-synch in the SRW config program, I have to say the fps improved by a lot. (I have the refresh rate is 60Hz)

Apparently v-synch is only needed when you have a lot of screen tearing or your card is overheating but I always thought it couldn't hurt to turn it on anyway, guess I was wrong.

#27 Axeracing

Axeracing

Seasoned

• 92 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 01:43 PM

I have a thread about Troyton in the tracks section. You guys should add to it. ;)

#28 MagicSquirrel

MagicSquirrel

Novice

• 11 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 11:46 AM

Thanks LooseWheels, I am going to test this.

#29 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

Great fix thx.

KKND Posted Today, 02:01 PM

buuro, on 14 Jul 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:snapback.png

I only did 2 races yesterday because everytime i leave the race the game crashes. I dont know if its my computer or is it a some sort of a bug.

But i finished 1st (5 players) and 3rd (6 players) in laguna seca with GT3 cars.

Hey buuro,

I have the same problem as you what helped me was applying the LOW FPS fix from Daniel Cziranku and running the game in Windowed Full Screen. The problem is not gone completely but it is down from every second race to only once or twice a day.. I deinstalled  the Samsung KIES Software yesterday and I did not have a game crash since then.Idk if its just a random occurrence or the Samsung software and SRW do not like each other.

Hope some of this can help you.

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#30 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:14 AM

Great fix thx.

KKND Posted Today, 02:01 PM

buuro, on 14 Jul 2013 - 10:24 AM, said:snapback.png

Hey buuro,

I have the same problem as you what helped me was applying the LOW FPS fix from Daniel Cziranku and running the game in Windowed Full Screen. The problem is not gone completely but it is down from every second race to only once or twice a day.. I deinstalled  the Samsung KIES Software yesterday and I did not have a game crash since then.Idk if its just a random occurrence or the Samsung software and SRW do not like each other.

Hope some of this can help you.

Nice find KKND, thank you for your post ! :)

#31 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

Thanks for this! I did not need it for SRW (framerate there is a nice 275) but it actually helped some with another Dx11 racing sim I am beta testing lol... now to see if it ups my framerate on Guild Wars 2 at 2560 X 1600 with ultra settings!

#32 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Thanks for this! I did not need it for SRW (framerate there is a nice 275) but it actually helped some with another Dx11 racing sim I am beta testing lol... now to see if it ups my framerate on Guild Wars 2 at 2560 X 1600 with ultra settings!

You're welcome mate ! :)

#33 fourbangr75

fourbangr75

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Facebook:j evan fuller
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

I just wanted to say an big THANK YOU to DanielC, you are a valuable member to the SRW community and I greatly appreciate your help!!!!!!

Great fix.... I had lag issues giving me problems for as long as I have been racing I and knew its not my provider. Now i'm lag free and hoping that will help with a way better finish in SRO41.

P.S. Another reason I hate windows

#34 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Anytime you need me my friend ! ;) I'm glad it helped ! :)

#35 Daniel Cziranku

Daniel Cziranku

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 210 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 04:37 PM

BUMP

#36 mxsr

mxsr

Semi-Pro

• 129 posts
  • LocationCologne,Germany

Posted 02 January 2014 - 02:43 PM

ACHTUNG !

hahahahahaha

Achtung,the german word for warning.

6000 miles,

21 cars,

and 0$$$.

#37 Micigen

Micigen

Contributor

• 2 posts
  • Facebook:facebook.com/mateballai

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

bump

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: windows 7, multimedia class scheduler, mmcs, lag, low fps, fps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users