• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:40 AM

Hello Everyone, but mostly the McLaren MP4-25, MP4-26 and MP4-27 owners! How are you?  :)

We would like to present a new, experimental type of event that will run from now and untill the end of Monday PST (11:59PM).

During these days, you will be able to get a hold of the latest generation McLaren MP4-28 by winning one of the events listed below. Due to technical reasons, we will not award you the car directly, but transfer a Credits sum equivalent to the value of this car, so 21000 to your account. Of course if you already own it, then the driver below you on the leaderboard will be considered.

Find them on the website:

kxug.jpg

iui4.jpg

r3e9.jpg

or inside of the game:

c5k8.jpg

tewa.jpg

x8i3.jpg

Good luck in  :rolleyes: and as always - please share your feedback!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#2 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

As a reminder, next week's SRW Race to the Weekend 31 will feature the McLaren MP4-28 and conclude with a Race-Off which will replicate the Silverstone GP, held on the same day.  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#3 Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley

Seasoned

• 78 posts
  • Facebook:moxley6969@hotmail.com

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

Cool stuff Coss, Wish i had time for more SRO's.  :P

3Dof Seat mover - 25:1 Motors - Pololu JRK - 575w PSU - Hall effect Pot
CSW Ekretz Mod - CSP V2 Mugen Mod - CSS - F1 Wheel - BMW Wheel - SRW-S1 ButtonBox
i7-4790K @ 4.0k - Z97 Hero II - H105 Cooler - 2X NVidia GTX670 4GB - Dominator Platinum 16GB - 850w Supernova - 840Evo SSD 250G - Cosmos II Case

#4 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

I just had a discussion with one of the participants and seems like there is a need to clarify a couple elements. We cannot award you the car directly, that's why the exact prize is an equivalent in Credits. If you already own the McLaren MP4-28, you cannot win another one.

Event is dedicated to the owners of MP4-25, 26 and 27 who mastered their current cars, but were unable to purchase the latest generation MP4-28 for various reasons. They can win it instead  :)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#5 maskaide

maskaide

Contributor

• 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Hello, im new here , and i would love to test the MP4/4 today, but i never succeed to install it...

i have the car in my garage, but nothing happens when i click on the install button...i still cant' join the contest...

Can someone please help me?

#6 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hello, im new here , and i would love to test the MP4/4 today, but i never succeed to install it...

i have the car in my garage, but nothing happens when i click on the install button...i still cant' join the contest...

Can someone please help me?

Minimize the game and then go to your system tray, find the red icon for the SRW download manager and open it. Select "All" and then in the filter box type "MP". Find the MP4/4 and right click on it and select "force Re-download".

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#7 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:18 PM

Worst event ever, you have the top 3 guys in SRW who are probably the 3 richest people on the game winning all 3 events who could probably buy this car 20 times. This event was not fair at all and there was no chance for other people who actually deserve to win the car who have 100x less cash than these guys. Acerockolla waited until the last second to pick the easiest option, he saw Razor leading one and Peppinho leading one and then saw the one I was leading and probably thought "Yes this will be easy" and Peppinho entered all three events which is pathetic. He saw Razor's time on the MP4-25 and knew he could not beat it so he switched to the easier options. These 3 guys are on the same level as each other so I do not understand why they could not have all stuck to one event and had a fair and equal battle rather than spreading themselfs out across all 3 events and completely ruining it and not letting others have a chance of winning for once.

#8 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Worst event ever, you have the top 3 guys in SRW who are probably the 3 richest people on the game winning all 3 events who could probably buy this car 20 times. This event was not fair at all and there was no chance for other people who actually deserve to win the car who have 100x less cash than these guys. Acerockolla waited until the last second to pick the easiest option, he saw Razor leading one and Peppinho leading one and then saw the one I was leading and probably thought "Yes this will be easy" and Peppinho entered all three events which is pathetic. He saw Razor's time on the MP4-25 and knew he could not beat it so he switched to the easier options. These 3 guys are on the same level as each other so I do not understand why they could not have all stuck to one event and had a fair and equal battle rather than spreading themselfs out across all 3 events and completely ruining it and not letting others have a chance of winning for once.

It's ridicolous that you say what you say after having lost your event. What was your suggestion to make this event better? Eliminating the 3 "most rich" drivers from these competitions and than assign 21000 credits to you? You have just to say thank to SRW who gave you three possibilities and not only one. No need to add more to your discussion.
Only one thing: i don't see anything pathetic if one tries all the three events...just a clarification, my goal was mp4-27@CotA, as i practiced more there, while in the other two i did only very few laps to compare cars specs on the same track, just a wish. You need to know the facts, before saying pathetic.

#9 RaZoR

RaZoR

Novice

• 34 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:37 PM

About me, the discussion Coss mentioned was with me, I bought the car with cash on Friday so I didn't have the right to win the event, Shaun got the prize on the MP4-25

#10 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

It's ridicolous that you say what you say after having lost your event. What was your suggestion to make this event better? Eliminating the 3 "most rich" drivers from these competitions and than assign 21000 credits to you? You have just to say thank to SRW who gave you three possibilities and not only one. No need to add more to your discussion.
Only one thing: i don't see anything pathetic if one tries all the three events...just a clarification, my goal was mp4-27@CotA, as i practiced more there, while in the other two i did only very few laps to compare cars specs on the same track, just a wish. You need to know the facts, before saying pathetic.

"but were unable to purchase the latest generation MP4-28 for various reasons." So, what was your reason?

#11 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:59 PM

"but were unable to purchase the latest generation MP4-28 for various reasons." So, what was your reason?

You don't need to care of my reason, either when i have to buy on SRW and what i do with my srw cash, rather think to drive faster mate.

#12 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

You don't need to care of my reason, either when i have to buy on SRW and what i do with my srw cash, rather think to drive faster mate.

But this event is designed for people who have a reason not to be able to buy it, I dont see any reason why you are unable to buy it so I dont see why you should really be in this event other than to be extremely greedy and rid the chance of those who actually have a reason.

#13 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:13 PM

point 1) maybe you need to race with generous drivers, so you can win, but unfortunately it is not a motorsport rule.

point 2) are you from people who can't buy cars too? I do not think so, why you joined this event? you are a bit confused.

#14 Shadowbounty

Shadowbounty

Seasoned

• 82 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

point 1) maybe you need to race with generous drivers, so you can win, but unfortunately it is not a motorsport rule.

point 2) are you from people who can't buy cars too? I do not think so, why you joined this event? you are a bit confused.

Yes I am.

#15 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Yes I am.

Boring discussion

#16 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

I hope you two have a great battle on Sunday  B)

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#17 Peppinho

Peppinho

Novice

• 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:50 PM

I hope you two have a great battle on Sunday  B)

Hope ^_^ but my sunday are always busy, can't get in 100% of sunday race off. Can't practice for race, can't be concentrated. My last results say it clearly. I have to improvise my races everytime :( Most of times i'm out of home and come back 1 minute before race lol. Can't concentrate as i do in the middle of the week.

#18 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

About me, the discussion Coss mentioned was with me, I bought the car with cash on Friday so I didn't have the right to win the event, Shaun got the prize on the MP4-25

that is one result i'd like to know the others ?

:)

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#19 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,778 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Here are the results and new owners of McLaren MP4-28:

shaun24 from the event with MP4-25 (RaZoR-92 already owned one and Peppinho has won another event)

acerockolla from event with MP4-26

and Peppinho from event with MP4-27

Congratulations! May it serve you well and lead to further victories  :D

The equivalent in Credits have been transferred to your accounts. Mind you - the only purpose for them is to purchase the McLaren MP4-28 and we will verify that  :ph34r:

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#20 acerockolla

acerockolla

Seasoned

• 55 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

This event was not fair at all and there was no chance for other people who actually deserve to win the car who have 100x less cash than these guys.

So only people that have 100x less cash then "us guys" actually deserve to win the car? Got it.  It sure as hell can't be skill that makes people deserving of the prizes.  No, that would be ridiculous!

Acerockolla waited until the last second 

Incorrect.  I did the lap with 7 hours to go, and I did the lap as soon as I had the free time to do so.  It's not my problem you couldn't be bothered to have another go at it.  

to pick the easiest option, he saw Razor leading one and Peppinho leading one and then saw the one I was leading and probably thought "Yes this will be easy

This is actually true. I saw Razor, Shadowbounty, and Peppinho, and I thought that even though all three of those names are aliens, I would have my best chance going against you because I doubted your pace in open wheeled cars.  In my mind, Razor is one of the best hotlappers in SRW, and Peppinho is as fast, if not faster than me in open wheeled cars.  It was purely a strategical move, since I owned all three generations of the MP4 based F1 car. It was not easy though, since I only beat you by .001.  

He saw Razor's time on the MP4-25 and knew he could not beat it so he switched to the easier options.

You talk as if you knew what was going through Peppinho's head.  Maybe he prefered the handling characteristics of the mp4-27.  Perhaps he didn't like the higher downforce feeling that the mp4-25 and mp4-26 so he felt like his best chance was to go with the mp4-27.  Whatever reason it is, he does not deserve your assumptions and accusatory tone.

so I do not understand why they could not have all stuck to one event 

and had a fair and equal battle rather than spreading themselfs out across all 3 events and completely ruining it 
and not letting others have a chance of winning for once.

It's not always possible to get in contact with other fast drivers who have the potential to win and say "hey, lets all go on this server and 'let' others win.  We live in different time zones and live different lives.  What if we did not own all three of these cars?  Let's say we all owned a different generation of mp4.  Are you suggesting that some of us go out of our way to purchase the agreed upon car just so that other people can then have a chance to win with the other available cars?  Then if so, what about the slower guys who only own that one car that the fast guys agreed to race with.  What about them? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mp4-25, mp4-26, mp4-27, mp4-28

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users