srwrttw30 srwsro30a srwsro30b srwrttw30atom srwrttw30caterham srwrttw30evo

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#41 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:12 AM

as far as i understood, there is fuel consumption on for both Atom and Caterham, but Atom will need pitstop and refueling, while Caterhams can go all the way...

#42 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:13 AM

That was never the intention of this update. 

yeah, but looks like it sorts some things as well, because my ctd´s dissapeared yesterday...

#43 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

So, will there be fuel usage or not?Right now, refueling does not work.

There will be, yes, at Normal rate. Refuelling works fine here... 

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#44 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts
  • Facebook:bakosgabor57

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:19 AM

as far as i understood, there is fuel consumption on for both Atom and Caterham, but Atom will need pitstop and refueling, while Caterhams can go all the way...

I'm talking about, on practice - race the refueling not work ...

#45 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'm talking about, on practice - race the refueling not work ...

Just tried and works fine here. Did you set the appropriate level in the request menu?

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#46 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Just tried and works fine here. Did you set the appropriate level in the request menu?

Yes, I have set the appropriate level in the menu. When I go out to the box it tells me that 'fuel cannot be removed on qualifying or race', And it doesn't refuel.
It doesn't even remember the level of fuel I have set at the beginning of the race. I have to set it during play, starting from 1 liter.

#47 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yes, I have set the appropriate level in the menu. When I go out to the box it tells me that 'fuel cannot be removed on qualifying or race', And it doesn't refuel.
It doesn't even remember the level of fuel I have set at the beginning of the race. I have to set it during play, starting from 1 liter.

You have to set the fuel level in pitstop request menu, after requesting pitstop. You can do that right after getting on the grid and then unrequest. It will remember that setting the next time you request it during the race.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#48 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:27 AM

Don't rely on the pit menu please, just on the request menu.

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#49 Gábor Bakos

Gábor Bakos

Novice

• 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

I have to set the amount of liters when I'm driving, because it doesn't remember the settings I made in the pit, before the start of the race.

EDIT: I have read your reply. It's a real problem and it is very bad when I have to do it while driving.

#50 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

I have to set the amount of liters when I'm driving, because it doesn't remember the settings I made in the pit, before the start of the race.

EDIT: I have read your reply. It's a real problem and it is very bad when I have to do it while driving.

i do agree with you. I had simmilar problems with BMW event in Laguna Seca. I needed to set pit stop in lap 24 just before piting, because game no matter if you set pitstop before race, still showed me only 1l fuel to add and no tyre changes. Had to set it manualy while i was driving. Few seconds and rhytm went away...

#51 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

When I go out to the box it tells me that 'fuel cannot be removed on qualifying or race', And it doesn't refuel.

you were trying to remove fuel from your car for example from 30l to 10l, no surprise it doesn't work, refuelling is putting more fuel than you have in car

Had to set it manualy while i was driving. Few seconds and rhytm went away...

everyone had to do it that way so its equal

btw, its one button to increase fuel I wonder what would happen to you if you had to push so much buttons like f1 drivers has to do

#52 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

you were trying to remove fuel from your car for example from 30l to 10l, no surprise it doesn't work, refuelling is putting more fuel than you have in car

everyone had to do it that way so its equal

it´s not a matter of being equal. It´s the matter of being able to adjust your strategy pre-race, not that you need to search for buttons (if you set them on wheel, you must sacrifice some important commands!) on keyboard while racing. It has nothing to do with real racing either. Teams have plans for races before the start. They adjust settings just if they needed (yellow flags,pace car,rain...etc.)!

#53 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

You have to set the fuel level in pitstop request menu, after requesting pitstop. You can do that right after getting on the grid and then unrequest. It will remember that setting the next time you request it during the race.

^not while driving round

before green light

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#54 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

^not while driving round

before green light

that´s something which i didn´t try yet. Thx for info.... i did set pit before going on grid, which obviousely not works. So...you need to be on the grid and the exit...set...and back to grid in those 30 sec :)

#55 Axfitey

Axfitey

Novice

• 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

Jesus, there's a button you need to press to request a pit and you set everything there

#56 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Jesus, there's a button you need to press to request a pit and you set everything there

actually...i have pit request set on wheel, but you need those buttons for down/up/left/right you know on arrows, which you need to set during race. Yes, if works that...do that right after getting on the grid.. then OK, you really need that one button and another for pit limiter.

#57 sikham

sikham

Semi-Pro

• 121 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:00 AM

which you need to set during race

do you know that when youre standing on grid and waiting for green you are already in the race ? LOL

your ability to understand things is just astonishing :)

quick tutorial for you:

1. press race button

2. press pit request button (while standing on grid)

3. set fuel

4. press pit request button (yes again!) to unrequest pitstop

you have 30 sec to do that if not enough there is very long straight to do that (so 10 more chances to set fuel in safe place)

is that really so hard ? or you still don't understand ?

#58 Axfitey

Axfitey

Novice

• 39 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

If you can't press REQUEST A PIT button while standing on the grid, and set everything WHILE DOING NOTHING then well, that's why srw added quick race. If pressing a button to get your crew ready for a pit distracts you, then you aren't ready to race.

#59 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

If you can't press REQUEST A PIT button while standing on the grid, and set everything WHILE DOING NOTHING then well, that's why srw added quick race. If pressing a button to get your crew ready for a pit distracts you, then you aren't ready to race.

OK, so... sitting on grid and request pit, adjust setting and then unrequest pit...will save settings for pitstop when needed. Yeah, thats also news for me thx. Might even try to go for those 10 lost seconds with BMW GT2 ;)

#60 michael85

michael85

Novice

• 10 posts
  • LocationAthens, Greece

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:54 PM

I had some great racing today! Congrats to all the guys!! I had only two incidents that kind of frustrated me. The first happened at the last lap of RTTW30B and was fair-game related (which really doesn't matter now since I raced in RTTW30A, too). The second incident is track-geometry related and occured when I hit a (glitched) curb which send me flying to the wall.

1) RTTW30B (last lap incident)

2) RTTW30A (CotA glitch)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users