rx7_sharp.jpg?1342810407

rx7_rear.jpg?1342810406

Top Speed: 158 MPH
0-60: 4.7 Seconds
Horsepower: 255 @ 6500 RPM
Torque: 217 @ 5000 RPM
Transmission: 5 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

First produced in 1978, the rotary-engined Mazda RX-7 is one of the most successful -- and versatile -- sports cars in racing history. On top of tasting victory at a catalogue of prestigious events, including the 24 Hours of Daytona, the 24 Hours of Spa, and the British Touring Car Championship, it’s also featured in an eclectic range of race series, including the World Rally Championship. Part of Series 6, the vanguard of the third and final (FD) generation, the 1993 RX-7 featured an all-new, curvaceous design and was lauded for its supreme handling and balance -- qualities bestowed on it by its low center-of-gravity, supermodel-esque weight, and 50/50 weight distribution. Under the hood, meanwhile, lurked the 13B-REW -- the first mass-produced sequential twin-turbocharger system to be exported from Japan -- which imbued the RX-7 with a respectable 255 bhp. Developed in conjunction with Hitachi and previously only used on the fourth-generation Cosmo, it produced acceleration of 0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds and a top speed of 158 mph.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the RX-7 in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Rootsquash

Rootsquash

Novice

• 23 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

The Mazda RX-7 received an update in August 2013:

• New suspension design
  • New tire model
  • New physics of the differential
  • Improved overall setup
  • New damage model
  • Draft effect
  • Launch control

including these fixes:

• Informations on the dashboard
  • Fuel consumption
  • Acceleration and top speed

and

As an extra, we have extended the degree of Steering Lock, to make it even more suitable for drifting than before.   ;)

Source: http://community.sim...da-rx-7-update/

#3 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

1993 mazda rx7 paint codes

2a,m8 montego blue mica <the only color we have. my fav cool for me maybe not for others.

3l,4g silver stone metalliic

j9 yellow mica

nt,nu vintage red

px,pz brilliant black

#4 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 15 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review: 1993 Mazda RX-7
04/14/2015

Produced from 1991 to 2002, the FD was Mazda’s third and final RX-7 generation. The coupé was propelled by a groundbreaking and unconventional engine: a bi-rotor Wankel, boosted by the world’s first sequential twin-turbocharger system, producing 255bhp from a 1.3L engine! Critically acclaimed for its handling, helped by a slim weight and low center of gravity, it became a very successful car and a base for competition and tuning revered throughout the years.

When I first drove the RX-7, I was just jumping out of the Toyota Supra that I just bought, and I couldn’t avoid comparing the two cars. Born in the same period of time, out of the same rather peculiar Japanese car industry, the two cars rapidly became deadly rivals. They are very similar, too: same segment, around the same power output, same global shape. While the Supra RZ-S featured in Simraceway is a touch more powerful than the RX-7, it’s also heavier, and the cars clock the exact same 0-60 time. And their track times are nearly identical on a track like Sonoma.

But the RX-7 has a different way of doing things. Being lighter, it’s also more responsive. It feels more focused, more involving. But it’s also a more difficult car to drive: the rear-end can snap on power and under braking, and it’s much less easy to slide. The Mazda isn’t as drift-friendly as is the Toyota, and the Supra still holds the crown of the most easily driftable car in Simraceway. The RX-7 being overall more grippy, when the rear-end comes back in line it’s hard to judge the reactions of the car.

If you take the RX-7 for something else than a drift school, it all makes more sense. The lower weight, stiffer suspension and high-reving engine make it a more serious track car than the Supra. The Toyota can sometimes feel a bit remote, laid-back. The RX-7 gives you more feedback, more feel. But as I said, it comes at a cost: the car is less approachable. It can take you by surprise, especially under braking: going for a full stomp on the brakes can unsettle the rear to dangerous ends, and it can be hard to decelerate efficiently without using Stability Control.

Knowing that, I think that the choice between the two will rest once again on personal taste. I do like the RX-7 more. I think it has more personality, more charisma: better styling, an unforgettable engine, and a more focused handling. This though, is all subjective. In my mind, the two have separate goals: the Supra for drifting and general fussing around, and the RX-7 when I want a more challenging drive. Though seeing that the Supra is a Stage 2 Progression Ladder car, and thus very cheap, should make it easy to get both.

Here is the link to the Test Drive Tuesday Leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

#5 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 01:35 AM

csr-s5-sn900-ff60

onboard video=youtube>nurburgring nordschleife mazda rx-7 fd3s onboard

did the srw dev pit crew sneak in my garage and give my rx7 a tune up. it feels better today thanks.

clemise we need a jdm grouping or a jsm=Japanese simraceway model, maybe rx7/supra/mr2/ae86 or a lan evo and we can pretend its initial d 3rd stage. I just love the way this car looks.

#6 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 739 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 17 June 2015 - 04:29 AM

My school of thought and heritage are towards the smooth line and not the drifting line so you can guess what I would choose.  I never worked for a tire company and my daddy says if you do that you have to buy your own stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users