SharpView-1200-x-450.jpg?1347499406

Rear-1200-x-450.jpg?1347499402

Top Speed:190 MPH
0-60: 3.2 Seconds
Horsepower: 630 @ 7500 RPM
Torque: 480 @ 5750 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Sequential
Drivetrain: RWD

After a delayed start to its competitive life due to homologation concerns, the MC12 GT1 quickly made up for lost time, winning almost half the races it entered during its five years of top-level competition between 2005 and 2010. This prodigious win rate took the car to five FIA GT (2005-2009) and one FIA GT1 (2010) Teams' Championships, one FIA GT (2007) Constructors' Championship, and six Drivers' Championships in Italian GT (2006), FIA GT (2006-2009), and FIA GT1 (2010) racing.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the MC12 in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Kyalami

Kyalami

Novice

• 49 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Incredible sound at the end of the video:

:D

--- Maserati --- 6 times winner FIA GT/GT1 (2005 – 2009 FIA GT, 2010 FIA GT1)

#3 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

I think it's one of the most beautiful Maserati ever made :D

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#4 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

Thank you for this car today. Drives great! Allready parked one in my garage... :lol: :rolleyes:

#5 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

Same here. This car is a masterpiece and is overall very well reproduced in SRW. 

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#6 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

Agreed. Really good fun today at TDT. One of the races I was beaten by sinke.

#7 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 24 June 2015 - 03:07 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review #32: 2010 Maserati MC12 GT1
06/23/2015

There’s no denying that the Maserati MC12 road car was designed specifically with GT racing in mind. When Maserati decided to return to racing in the early 2000’s, they decided to take it as a full commitment towards victory, even if that meant slightly scorching the spirit of GT racing. The MC12 was basically a Ferrari Enzo with a more aerodynamically efficient body and less concerns over road use. And sure, it does look the part: it’s extremely wide, low, and that long tail gives it the look of a Le Mans racer. No wonder then that officials and competitors were reluctant to allow it to race against other regular GT1 cars, and that the first few races the MC12 GT1 took part in were shadowed by controversy. But as soon as it was fully accepted, it began winning. And it took the end of GT1 racing to stop it. It won six consecutive teams’ championships, six drivers’ championships and two constructors’ championships, all between 2005 and 2010. Quite a war machine.

It’s easy to understand why it was so competitive when you drive it.

First, there is that Ferrari-bred racing V12. I mean, when are we going to see a racing V12 again? With the way things are going, probably never. But from a driver standpoint (and as a spectator, of course!), this big NA V12 is just amazing. I’ll never say it enough, but big naturally aspirated engine, and especially V12s make better power than anything else. Not necessarily more or more efficiently, but better: there is torque everywhere you look, but the delivery is very smooth, very controllable. It’s never going to spin for no apparent reason because you just were on that particular spot on the rev range where there’s a big spike in torque. The massive power is usable to the point where shortshifing becomes a joy rather than a necessity. And of course there’s the noise. This engine sounds like it’s powered by dinosaurs! Which actually isn’t totally inaccurate.

I expected the engine to be that good. I didn’t expect the car to feel that good, though. Sure, it’s not as efficient and capable as the Honda HSV GT500. But the MC12 GT1 feels so right. To me, it’s right on the sweet spot where I can be on it without crashing all the time, but it will take all of my attention. It’s not a car that’s trying to kill you; it doesn’t have any nasty reactions. Everything happens because of something you did, and when you understand the basic rules of the game, it’s just glorious. The rear comes around a bit too quickly under braking to my liking, but it’s something that can be easily fixed within a few minutes in the pits. The nose though, is absolutely brilliant. If there is a hint of understeer (because you’re coming in too hot, not because of the car), simply lift off and the front axle will go exactly where you want it to.

Overall, the car feels deliciously playful, because the mechanical vs aero balance is just right. The car’s attitude is easily adjustable at all times, but on the other hand it doesn’t feel too easy. You still have to do the driving, and that’s very rewarding. And also, it’s very fast. Officially the fastest GT car I’ve tested so far, though the GT500 cars are only a few tenths behind on most tracks, especially the slower ones.

This, or an HSV GT500 then? Ideally both. If you can’t, well here’s your choice: the sweetest handling and overall more competent racer on one side, a magic V12 and a lot of charisma on the other. Your call.

To find out how it did against all the other TDT cars, follow this link to the updated TDT Leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users