SharpView-1200-x-450.jpg?1351817782

Rear-1200-x-450.jpg?1351817774

Top Speed:181 MPH
0-60: 2.7 Seconds
Horsepower: 300 @ 7500 RPM
Torque: 273 @ 3000 RPM
Transmission: 5 Speed Sequential
Drivetrain: RWD

Allied with its powerful engine, its lightweight carbon-fiber composite monocoque tub gives it a total weight of around half-a-ton and an impressive power-to-weight ratio of 645 bhp per ton, allowing the Simraceway Formula 3 to accelerate to 60 mph in less than four seconds and produce cornering forces of as much as 3G. Its AP Racing brakes, meanwhile, bring it to a standstill from 100 mph in less than 175 feet.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the F3 in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of our high-performance workhorse.

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Ageos27

Ageos27

Novice

• 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:46 PM

Definitely my favorite car to drive. I won my first race in this car!

#3 ortzinator

ortzinator

Contributor

• 6 posts
  • Twitter:ortzinator
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:22 PM

Lots of fun. Fast, but not too hard to drive.

#4 Danny Irving

Danny Irving

Seasoned

• Banned
  • 67 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

This car is awesome now after the update! Thanks Marco!! :D

#5 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

The update is realy good. Now the F3 drives again nearly as it did in past before they started updating it. *thumbsUp*

Can we get the 300kph version of it back? maybe as a secondary vehicle? :) (that one was so awesome)

#6 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:29 PM

csr-s3-sn3320-ff60

videos that should be linked here...youtube>simraceway lola srw f3...and leo parente drives a simracey formula 3 race car.

more than 180 degree visuals today srw racers be thankfull.

#7 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 12 August 2015 - 06:29 PM

Progression Ladder Stage 0 Focus #2: 2011 Lola Simraceway F3
8/11/2015

Before being the Simraceway flagship that you all know, the Lola B06/30 was a common sight in various Europeans F3 championships, even winning the German F3 championship. Here, its carbon-fibre tub houses a turbocharged 4 cylinder Mitsubishi engine, producing around 300bhp, giving it a mighty 645bhp-per-ton power-to-weight ratio. Not bad for a school car, eh?

I’ll say it right now, the F3 is one of my favorite cars in Simraceway. Easily top 5. Now I know that statement will surprise some of you, and especially the less experienced. And I get that: the F3 is not a very easy car to drive. The turbo gives it much more torque than its rear tires can manage, and the short wheel-base and very direct set-up can make it very snappy, tricky to drive smoothly out of corners. And because it is a Progression Ladder Stage 0 car, most of us began their racing careers with this car. I know I did: I spent weeks going around Sonoma for the usual Hot-Lap and Challenge events, most of the time ending up being very frustrated in around 10 minutes.

I couldn’t feel the traction, so it was very hard for me not to spin the car. The braking was also difficult to figure out, and I ended up locking up the front wheels -- or spinning, depending on the corner -- every other lap. But as I lapped again and again the very challenging Californian track, I got better and better, spinning less often and cutting chunks of seconds off my time.

And then I began to love it. Nearly 7,000 miles later, I can’t think of a better car to educate young simracers, and to provide guaranteed fun to everyone else.

You see, all of the parts forming the Lola are awesome in their own ways: the very torquey engine makes for fast corner exit, the amazing brakes provide endless stopping power, the chassis is beautifully biased towards the rear, making the nose incredibly agile and precise, and there is just enough aero to have to work with it, but not so much that it becomes overwhelming. All of the parts, except one: the tires. They seem to be made of plastic, offer little grip and overheat pretty quickly. And that’s exactly what makes the Lola SRW F3 so fun, and so educative as well. I did nearly 6,000 miles of testing at Sonoma with this car, and I never stop learning new techniques, new tricks to get faster.

Because there is little mechanical grip, you always have to think ahead about your attitude towards corner entry, mind the wheight transfer, and be very careful with your throttle application. It can be quite the challenge on some tracks, but also greatly rewarding when you get it right. Take for example Turn 1 at Laguna Seca: if you brake like in any other car, you’ll either lock up, understeer to the outside line or simply loose time because of a too long braking zone. Instead, you need to brake quite late; stomp on the brakes until you’re back in 4th gear, then quickly let go of it, and in 3rd have only little pressure on the brake pedal. As you begin to turn in, the rear of the car will come into play, and the front immediately teleport itself to the apex. It is immensely satisfying. And because mastering the brakes on this car can take a lot of trying, during a race it will provide you with great passing opportunities.

And here we come to another area where the F3 excels: racing action. Because the car is so small, and has the right power-to-weight-to-downforce ration, it never ever disappoints. Right now I can’t think of a better racing combo that F3/Zandvoort. Close racing, intense driving, a lot of passing opportunities: this combo always delivers.

I find it amazing that one of the (if not the) best car in SRW is free. Sure, it’s not very exotic or legendary, doesn’t have a charismatic design or engine sound. But throughout your Simraceway career, you won’t find a more reliable, trustworthy or entertaining sparring partner. And to the more inexperienced of us: trust me, it does get better. A lot better. Just remember to Use the Torque, Luke.

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users