#1 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Im going to continue the thread i did in the old forum:

I think brake bias should be open on all events just like brake pressure and steering lock is.

Its 100% personal style option which would make driving easier for all types and leagues of drivers, is easy

to understand and has no overpowering effect. My style revolves around trail braking - braking into the corner and in advanced+ events where no ABS is allowed, the front brake lock is killing me.

- Launger

#2 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Bump. In every non-high ABS event i have to change my style completly due to the brake bias being too much to the front.

I feel this is an essential thing, any SRW replies please?

- Launger

#3 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

I would like to see brake balance be always adjustable and for the appropriate cars the ability to adjust it while driving (the keys are already there for this).

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#4 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts
  • LocationBasingstoke, Hampshire

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

bump

SQ 890 Miles raced: 25k+ Total points: 35k+ Cars:64

#5 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Bump, cmon SRW give us any opinions

- Launger

#6 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

bump

- Launger

#7 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

What he said....lol

#8 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:56 AM

Doesn't look like anyone's listening.

Lets try another approach, unlock brake balance or its kitten smoothie....

kitten_in_blender.jpg

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#9 SRW_Cossacco

SRW_Cossacco

Community Veteran

• Simraceway Team
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

I was waiting for more opinions, but none have arrived. So yes Tbolt, doesn't look like many drivers are interested in this feature. 

This is a similar case as fully open setups, so it will increase the distance from experienced and professional drivers to everyone else. Also what you proposed, so actively regulated brake bias will take it even further. It's a very powerful adjustment.

We will need a poll for this one!

srwhorblackstraprgb5.png

#10 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

i first read it now .. after coss reply's xD

i race all the hands i have .. 2 actually .. brake bias open please. That one doesnt change too much in terms of lapttime BUT it does change alot on how save you feel in a car. Some cars are very scary on the brake .. to tail or to front biased brakes. So for all cars that would have this one open in real life i would like to see it open in srw too. Coss knows that im in love with the open setup idea. And from what i saw in the expert week(s) it doesnt space out the laptimes for those who accept the challange.

Too me beeing able to setup brake bias is more a savety feature then a speed feature. At least with that you can decide yourself if you want to brake more or less risky. Some may not be too used to heel and toe or trailbraking so they would like to have more front biased .. and those who can do it can set it more to the rear. So everyone will get the feel that he feels comortable with :)

#11 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

I was waiting for more opinions, but none have arrived. So yes Tbolt, doesn't look like many drivers are interested in this feature. 

This is a similar case as fully open setups, so it will increase the distance from experienced and professional drivers to everyone else. Also what you proposed, so actively regulated brake bias will take it even further. It's a very powerful adjustment.

We will need a poll for this one!

Yes it doesn't look like that many people are interested. Although brake bias adjustment can be a powerful adjustment if all the cars have them set about right then making an adjustment isn't really going to gain you alot, and I probably would not use it on many cars, but there are a few cars in the game that the bias isn't quite right, if those were adjusted then it wouldn't be so bad. But sometimes it is just a personally preference of how you want the car to enter the corner and most people would probably on make minor adjustments.

It would also be nice to be able to adjust it for long races on some cars as the fuel is used to keep the car well balanced. Like you say a poll would be interesting - if there isn't a large amount of interest maybe we could just unlock it in Advanced events?

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#12 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:54 PM

I've read it now, for me it's a good idea to have the brake balance open,so that everybody can personalize it to his own driving style. A default Brake balance,in fact,can be good for a beginner (like me xD),but an expert driver has different style to a beginner one.

That's my idea,little stupid but I think it's good :D

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"

#13 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Bump

- Launger

#14 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

bump

- Launger

#15 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Bump. M23 default setup on low abs locks fronts even when braking in  a straight line

- Launger

#16 voth

voth

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

well i'd like open brake balances but i can't see how you trying to argument it wouldn't improve laptimes.

a well balanced car on corner entry is pretty much most important for a fast lap isn't it?

#17 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 12:36 PM

Hehe well most people dont have problems with default brake biases because their driving styles does not braking into the corner, so it would not matter for them.

It would only be neccesary to put open brake bias on Advanced events: if high ABS is not avaliable, open brake bias should :)

- Launger

#18 Dude74

Dude74

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 654 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

bump

#19 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 10 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

Hi guys :)

I am not a big fan of open set up,but the only thing we need to have adjustable is the brake bias,maybe not a button adjustable brake bias when we are in the car but at least in pit we need to have the possibility to change it ;)

If I remember well,in Race07 we had the open set up,and was great,the only thing I was adjusting there was the gear box,lower the car down for maybe 1 cm and of course the front and rear spoiler :blink:

So please SRW give us at least the opportunity to change the brake bias,thank you :rolleyes:

#20 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

BUMP

Thought i will take the megane out in mid-ohio for fun but you guys put it 59:41 balance which means only locking fronts and no fun... please....

- Launger

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: brake bias, brake, bias, balance, brake balance, setup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users