SharpView-1200-x-450.jpg?1349716249

Rear-1200-x-450.jpg?1349716245

Top Speed: 202MPH
0-60: 3.8 Seconds
Horsepower: 553 @ 8700 RPM
Torque: 354 @ 6800 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Semi-Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD

The LFA was designed by Lexus to prove the high-end Japanese manufacturer had what it took to storm the performance car market in the same way it had managed to dominate the luxury one. Although it was officially introduced at the Tokyo Motor Show in 2009, it had been in development for almost a decade previously, with concepts exhibited both in 2005 and 2007. With the use of lightweight carbon-fiber-reinforced polymer saving around 220 lbs, the second Lexus to bear the much-vaunted F marque weighs in at a mere 3,263 lbs, while its speed-sensitive rear wing, deployed when it hits 50 mph, is presumably there to ensure it doesn't float off into the ether as its 553-bhp 4.8-liter V10 powerplant launches this svelte supercar towards the scenery at anything up to 202 mph.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the LFA in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

This car is a full package. It has the looks, it has sound and it handles lovely.

#3 Sgt.Kanyo

Sgt.Kanyo

Novice

• 12 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Could you guys update the sound, if it's possible. I understand for a good sound you need some good samples, and this video might have that. It'd be really nice to have the closest sound to the real one:

I've heard some1 make this exact sound for the game TDU, and it sounds amazing in game:

Also it'd be really nice to see the same speedometer that's in the real car, like, the whole speedometer turns red when you are over the redline.

#4 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

Could you guys update the sound, if it's possible. I understand for a good sound you need some good samples, and this video might have that. It'd be really nice to have the closest sound to the real one:

I've heard some1 make this exact sound for the game TDU, and it sounds amazing in game:

Also it'd be really nice to see the same speedometer that's in the real car, like, the whole speedometer turns red when you are over the redline.

Nice! Put it in  :D

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#5 Lucasracer

Lucasracer

Novice

• 15 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:58 PM

It would be really nice if all cars in game had a real sound sample, would really improve their realism.

#6 DevonK

DevonK

Seasoned

• 75 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:52 PM

Sound desperately needs an update. Not adding it to my collection until it sounds like the real thing.

#7 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 12:03 PM

csr-s4-sn510-ff50

video youtube on-board with lexus lfa; chasing lamborghini

#8 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 July 2015 - 05:28 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review #39: 2011 Lexus LFA
7/28/2015

The Lexus LFA was born out of Toyota’s dream of putting its luxury brand on the sports cars map. Out of painstakingly long developpement came out a front-engined super car, made of carbon-fibre and housing a screaming V10 engine.

It immediately confused the world. At “only” 553bhp, it was clearly positioned as a supercar, facing the likes of the Ferrari F430 or the Porsche 911 Turbo. But then it had its engine in the front and a comfortable interior, which tends to be interpreted as a GT thing. And, more confusing than all, it was price at an eye-watering $400,000, making it compete with hypercars like the Murcielago SV, but without the glamorous badge. But it was a hundred horsepower short on these, and was even beaten performance wise by the sub-$100,000 Nissan GT-R.

But then it came out of the auto shows and into the hands of the motoring press. It was instantly recognized as an amazing achievement, Jeremy Clarkson and Chris Harris calling it the best car they’d ever driven.

At least on Simraceway, we don’t have to worry about the price. And we can focus on the only thing that really matters: how it drives.

I can absolutely see why the real-life critique loved it so much. It is very hard to find any fault with its behavior. Brakes are very good for a road car: both powerful and user-friendly, they’ll never hide a nasty surprise when you need them the most. The car itself is superbly balanced, with only a hint of understeer in the faster bends. Yes the rear will swing around on corner exit, but it’s dangerous, unpredictable or uncatchable.

More importantly, if you want the LFA to behave, it will. The car is absolutely transparent, only doing what you want it to do. It is incredibly agile for a front-engined road car, while remaining composed at the higher speeds. The Lexus will dance from corner to corner without ever overstepping its boundaries or endangering you. It’s definitely one of the most confidence-inspiring cars that I had the chance to drive, while still being a very fast and efficient machine. Simply put, this car handles almost perfectly.

Yes, I could complain about the fact that it is “too perfect”, that it lacks character. But what the heck is wrong about being too perfect? And honestly, its F1-inspired, howling V10 gives it enough character compared to the competition. No, I say that for once, we should actually enjoy perfection and praise it. In this case, it gives you enough confidence to be whatever you want it to be: a drift monster, a gentle evening drive, or a hardcore hot-lapping session.

I only wish it could be a bit faster. I do believe that its carbon chassis could survive another 100hp, and it would allow it to compete with the slightly cheaper McLaren MP4-12C, another of these “too perfect” supercars. Even the unruly Mercedes SLS AMG is faster around Sonoma. Indeed, I would have loved the LFA even more if it was able to compete in these track-day events. In an universe where the badge doesn’t really matters and where a machine such as the Lexus LFA costs $2,00, it’s the only complaint you could ever have against this lovely car.

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

#9 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 01 November 2015 - 07:02 PM

Simraceway Stand-off #1: Lexus LFA v. Mercedes SLS

For this week's SRW Stand-Off, I decided to compare two cars that not that many people think are really comparable. The Lexus is more thought to a be a one-off hypercar, extremely exclusive and very techy, while the Mercedes seems to be more common (relatively), and build around old-school recipes. But the more you think about it, the more it makes sense. Both are stuck, by design, between the raw speed and efficiency of pure supercars on one side, and both could be described as GTs, compliant and comfortable, with a big engine upfront and drive to the rear wheels. Both were their own brand’s flagships at the time, and as such they were pretty expensive, though they are pretty cheap in SRW. Perhaps more importantly, they share close specs: more than 550hp, less than 4 seconds to 60mph and a top speed of around 200mph.

Reading these specs, it’s obvious that they will have another common trait: oversteer. And oh boy, do they deliver. You can have their tails hanging out whenever you want, and sometimes when you don’t!

They, however, have also some pretty profound differences. While they have similar lap times (less than three tenths at Watkins Glen!), they produce it in a pretty different way.

Let’s start with the Lexus. And I must say, even if this is the second time this car pops up in a review, and even if I did clock some more miles between them, I’m still amazed by the way the car handles. You would never guess how precise it is, how balanced it remains through the corners.

Even with a V10 stuck at the front of the car, the weight distribution seems to be absolutely perfect. And so what you get is an awesome front end, as pointy as you’d want it, while still having a rear-end that turns with it under braking, and will do big slides if you want it to. Body roll is extremely controlled as well, making the car very predictable when pushing hard.

That can’t exactly be said of the big Merc. It’s heavier (around 200lbs more), lazier and it rolls a lot more. It isn’t a boat, but jumping into it after the electrifying Lexus, it’s sometimes hard to understand the grip limits, especially when faced with understeer. It’s easier to drive, more approachable, but less of a track car. But the SLS backs that more laid-back, less focused approach by having one of the most incredible character you can find in a road car in SRW. This car is just happy, and wants you to have fun all the time. It’s helped, it has to be said, by a great V8, torquey as hell. This feels more like an old-school muscle car, while it seems the Lexus out-germaned Mercedes on this one.

Not that it is boring. You could never call boring a car fitted with this incredible engine, even if it was, say, a Prius. It howls, screams to a nearly 9,000rpm redline, with lacking some punch lower in the rev range. This, coupled with the perfect chassis of the LFA, combines to form one of the most enjoyable road cars to trash around a track.

It has one issue though. While it felt faster, and a bit more engaging than the SLS, it was actually slower pretty much everywhere. Reviewing the cars, I was able to get to a very satisfying 1:53.128 around Zandvoort, after 10 laps of hard work. Then I took the Merc for a spin, and got to a 1:51.206 in three laps. That’s pretty disappointing, seeing how the LFA likes to be pushed to the absolute limit.

But it wouldn’t stop me from choosing the Lexus. Now, I’m not saying that the Mercedes is a bad car. It’s freaking amazing, a good laugh and always loads of fun, without throwing some good driving qualities away. In a direct comparison though, the Merc’s less focused settings make it feel a tiny bit

clumsier, less involving, less happy at the absolute limit.

I would always miss the edge the Lexus has. It just wants to be driven very, very hard. Its engine is unique, and anyway, you can still drift it around every corner if you want to! But I guess it will depend on what you want a road car to be: simple fun, or an edgy blade. I bought both. But the LFA was higher up my list.

see how they did on the overall Leaderboard: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users