SharpView-1200-x-450.jpg?1359405195

Rear-1200-x-450.jpg?1359405185

Top Speed: 167 MPH
0-60: 4.7 Seconds
Horsepower: 417 @ 6600 RPM
Torque: 372 @ 5200 RPM
Transmission: 8 Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD

A performance edition of Lexus' second-generation IS model, the IS F was first unveiled at the North American International Auto Show in 2007, alongside the concept of its supercar sibling, the LFA. Designed by Supra sculptor, Yukihiko Yaguchi, and developed to challenge the Teutonic establishment, it was the first Lexus to carry the F marque. But it wasn't simply shiny badges that distinguished it from its brethren. The IS F featured a lower ride height, tweaked suspension, more potent brakes, 19-inch forged aluminum wheels, and a conspicuous hood bulge added to accommodate its beating heart. A 5.0-liter direct-injected V8 capable of cranking out 417 bhp, in conjunction with an eight-speed (yes, eight-speed) sequential transmission its Toyota-made 2UR-GSE powerplant could shoot the IS F to 60 mph in an RS4-rivalling 4.7 seconds. Its top speed of 167 mph, meanwhile, comfortably eclipsed the Audi's artificial limit, while the welcome addition of a Torsen-type limited-slip rear differential in 2010 upped the stakes still further.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the IS-F in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 03:09 AM

csr-s4-sn580-ff60

onboard video= youtube>lexus isf on board - das original     and 423 hp lexus is f 5.0 v8 lovely

#3 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:18 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review #40: 2011 Lexus IS-F
7/28/2015

Along with the flagship LFA, the IS-F was bearing the hopes of Lexus to make a name for itself in the sportscar segment, using the newly created F division. The IS-F was a “sportified” version of the IS saloon car, aiming for German heavyweights such as the BMW M3 and Mercedes C63 AMG.

Packing a 417bhp NA V8 and a number of upgrades, it was on paper an impressive new entering for the Japanese brand, and though it remained more confidential than the Germans, it certainly was noticed by the opposition as well as by the press.

On Simraceway as well, it faces fierce rivalry if you want to take your virtual family around for a spirited drive at a virtual track. The Audi RS4, the Subaru WRX STI or the Jaguar XFR are indeed worthy opponents, but I do think that there are reasons to favor the Lexus over these.

While trying to link the IS-F to the alien mothership that is the LFA sounds farfetched, when pushed hard a certain common ancestry can’t be denied. The IS-F has got that impressive composure in all circumstances that makes it so enjoyable to drive hard. But it also lacks power to be a clear win against the opposition. Well, to be clear, I don’t think it lacks power per se, but that it should either lose a hundred kilos or gain a hundred horsepower.

On tighter bits though, this car is a joy to drive. Considering how much a four-door saloon weighs, its behavior at the twisty Sonoma track is really a thing to admire. There’s only a bit of understeer on corner entry, which I actually think is a good thing. And then you can easily modulate the exit attitude with the throttle, from clean and efficient to full sideways mode, V8 yelling with joy. Brakes are decent, and you know how much I value that. All in all, grip is impressive for a car that size. Through the famous long left-hand at Sonoma, you almost forget you’re in a family car. It remains very easy to drive at all times, while still allowing you to have some fun.

The IS-F’s personality is not a shouty one that you fall in love immediately with. It’s not the most memorable car of Simraceway, but it will slowly grow on you, if you’re receptive to that kind of things. I do wish it packed more grunt, though overall pace is impressive thanks to clean and predictable handling.

It’s a strong contender, if you have a sense of irony strong enough to specifically want a family car to trash around a virtual track. It’s true that if you don’t, there are more exciting and sometimes cheaper cars elsewhere. And that a posh Toyota will never have the charisma of the Jaguar XFR. But four-door fetishists rejoice, here’s a car that can handle itself around a track!

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

#4 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 729 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 29 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

I really hated this car ... it seemed slow and clumsy ... at first ...  now I love it.

After driving it a bit it really grew on me. 

Wait, my bad I was thinking about the 200h. 

#5 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:33 PM

The 200h is so slow... The slowest so far. But good handling overall.
SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users