3 replies to this topic

#1 Smoothpanic

Smoothpanic

Contributor

• 8 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:40 PM

Hi,

I am not an expert, but I was attempting the Beginner Event at Zandvoort with the Saleen, and generally found the car very hard to handle and I don't think it feels right.

System:

Intel i7 920 2600x4

18gb RAM

Nvidia 650TI, 1GB

1920x1200 High

SRW S1 wheel

No assists except for autoclutch and ABS.

I've never had major issues with any car's physics before.

Description.

While I am not a great driver, I can generally get around a track fine with any car if I don't push the envelope.  The Saleen S7 as currently modeled feels like the front wheels are underneath the driver seat.  The weight transfer from acceleration to braking feels exagerated. The steering feels like it gets much less sensitive the harder you turn it.  I can't really explain it much better than this.

Or imagine a car with a giant single wheel in the middle that allows only 3 tires to touch the ground at once. The weight shift rom gas to brake, then off brake to turn just feels really wobbly and hard to control.  Its just not enjoyable when I can't feel at all when the car will go loose, or severely understeer.  The saleen understeers a lot, and I have yet to oversteer spin it, which is my usual problem.  For a car with such a low center of gravity I would think it would feel a little more predictable.

I am only a SQ 780 driver, so I may just need to get better to appreciate this model, but I can drive anything in my garage better than the Saleen right now.

Thanks for listening. I enjoy your product a great deal.

Smoothpanic

#2 Guest_SRW_Dawson_*

Guest_SRW_Dawson_*

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Thanks Smoothpanic. We are aware of the issue with the S7 and are already working on a fix with new car physics. I updated the topic with the bug ID for tracking purposes. Hopefully we will get the update out to you guys soon. As for the steering, try to raise your steering lock setting in the pit lobby menu. That might give you better steering sensitivity at higher speeds.

Thanks again,

SRW_Dawson

#3 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

:blink:

i love my s7 now it will be wrecked :angry:

maybe he means s5 instead :unsure:

buying a car on SRW is dangerous... they will end up completely changing the car leaving u something u didnt buy....

u using a lack of aids... well did u think maybe u need them ? maybe u just dont drive it properly....

another car to be ruined now............

if srw are saying all these cars are such a mess they should stop throwing out broken cars every week then

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#4 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

:blink:

i love my s7 now it will be wrecked :angry:

maybe he means s5 instead :unsure:

buying a car on SRW is dangerous... they will end up completely changing the car leaving u something u didnt buy....

u using a lack of aids... well did u think maybe u need them ? maybe u just dont drive it properly....

another car to be ruined now............

if srw are saying all these cars are such a mess they should stop throwing out broken cars every week then

Well surely the idea is to make the car more realistic?  I agree with Smoothpanic, there is something not quite right about the handling, I driven this car quick reasonable quick in events before but the last event at Zandvoort with it up gave up because I was getting a bit frustrated with the way it handles compared to all the other cars I own. 

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Handling issues., unstable, physics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users