No replies to this topic

#1 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

Hey Fellow Race Fans, 
Below is an original post by Envis10n on setting up a PS3 gamepad to work with Windows operating system, and Simraceway.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was having trouble with using a Dualshock 3 (PS3) controller in SRW, but figured out the settings. Passing them along to make your lives easier.

First, you'll want to connect the control to the PC using the USB cable you use to charge it.

Next, you'll want to download and install MotionInJoy (http://www.xinputer....1001_signed.zip [Includes both 32 and 64 bit versions]).

[Installing Drivers]
(http://www.motioninj.../install/latest) - Install tutorial and setup.

[Setting Up in MotionInJoy]
After you complete the installation of the drivers, on the profile page, set it to Xinput-Default (Xbox 360 Controller Emulator). You can go into the options and change the mappings around if you'd like, but I would suggest not doing that.

[In-Game Settings]
Once in-game, go to Options->Mappings. Set your mappings up how you'd like them.

Next go to Options->Sensitivity. Set your steering axis (Default=X Axis) to 0.

Go to Options->Deadzone. Set your steering axis (Default=X Axis) to 0.

For the next setting, you have 2 options. As far as I can tell, these two have the exact same end result, however 1 of them has to be set every time you race.

[Setting 1 - Speed Sensitivity]
Go to Options->Rates. Set Speed Sensitivity between 50-70. This, to me, allows for more of a fine-tuned feel of the analog stick. (Allows for better turning control)

[Setting 2 - Steering Lock]
When you are at the race monitor, go to Pit->Chassis. Lower Steering Lock by a few degrees and test it out. For the Ariel Atom @ Daytona, I lowered it from 19.0 degrees to 12.0 degrees to achieve the same feel as if Speed Sensitivity set to 70.

NOTE: If you choose to use the steering lock method, be sure to lower Speed Sensitivity down to 0.

Hopefully this helps those of you out there having the same issue I did with the Dualshock 3.

-Andrew

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support
San Francisco, California

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ps3, controller, setup, gamepad, dualshock, playstation, motionjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users