dw12_sharp.jpg?1342810402

dw12_rear.jpg?1342810401

Top Speed: 230 MPH
0-60: 2.5 Seconds
Horsepower: 650 @ 11600 RPM
Torque: 390 @ 8000 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Sequential
Drivetrain: RWD

The 2012 car, which made its competitive debut at St. Petersburg, Florida, was originally intended to sport bodywork and “aero kits” developed by multiple third-party manufacturers, but this move was deferred until 2013 with all team owners deciding instead to use Dallara-made body kits.That left the2.4-liter V6 turbocharged engine, supplied by one of Lotus, Honda, or Chevrolet, as the only variable amongst the teams. Each powerplant runs on E85 fuel and is capable of producing between 550 and 700 bhp, with drivers able to significantly boost output thanks to the car’s “push to pass” feature.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the IndyCar in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 07:49 PM

I like this car but too bad it doesn't ever have any qr...

Also does the boost works on this car?

#3 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 24 April 2013 - 09:10 PM

Boost/Push to pass and similar isnt working in srw. Hopefully there will be intigration of it. And well .. publish the Road course physics version please :)

#4 SRW_Rob

SRW_Rob

CSR

• 65 posts
  • LocationAfrica

Posted 25 April 2013 - 07:27 AM

The Indycar is currently undergoing a full re-model and rebuild of which then will be updated/released. I don't have word yet on if push to pass will be enabled but the engine certainly supports it.

Rob James
Ignite Game Technologies
Simraceway.com
London, UK

#5 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 09:29 AM

Thanks so it will be updated and not a new indy car right...
I tested the boost last night on practice and didn't seams to work... Can't w8 for the update...

This car is a beast car, one of the fastest cars in game...

#6 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:41 AM

I cant wait for the Road Course physics .. i want to run it around sonoma asap B)

#7 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 27 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Agree matrox :) Really want to drive this thing on the road courses! Mid Ohio, Sonoma, Zandvoort...imagine this thing at COTA! :)

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#8 aporcalipse

aporcalipse

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 194 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

I think that even with oval physics it should be some oval qr with it... Or some events... It's an amazing car, with so much power and speed...

Also A roll start in Daytona man that should be amazing...

#9 ESnation

ESnation

Contributor

• 7 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:30 AM

We need a permanent qr of this car at Indy! For crying out loud its the greatest race in the world. Some new color choices woud be nice too!

#10 Tbolt

Tbolt

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 734 posts
  • LocationHorley, England.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:58 AM

Agree matrox :) Really want to drive this thing on the road courses! Mid Ohio, Sonoma, Zandvoort...imagine this thing at COTA! :)

Agree with you both, if they started running a variety of tracks regularly with this car I would buy it. 

SQ - 969

Cars Owned - 108

Miles Raced - 86,710

#11 fauxname

fauxname

Novice

• 22 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 07:44 PM

This is a car I want and I'm trying to save for it. However, it's $8.62 or Cr40,000. Cr40,000, is that right? I would think with the usual dollar to credit ratio the cost should be Cr8620 credits. Can someone from SRW verify this? Thanks.

#12 Crazy Buzzy

Crazy Buzzy

Semi-Pro

• 120 posts
  • LocationPula,Croatia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:06 PM

This is a car I want and I'm trying to save for it. However, it's $8.62 or Cr40,000. Cr40,000, is that right? I would think with the usual dollar to credit ratio the cost should be Cr8620 credits. Can someone from SRW verify this? Thanks.

It is 40,000 CR because this car was intended at he very first beginning to be an only cash car but SRW given an option if someone really wanna this car whit only CR,well in this case you have to give 40,000 CR

Hope that you understand what I meant ;)  

#13 fauxname

fauxname

Novice

• 22 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 05:03 AM

Makes sense, thanks for clarifying.

#14 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:04 PM

There must be a bug with this car and oval courses . Im getting low FPS again in oval event 150 miles of Homestead in IndyCar . In both corner like before in 250 miles event .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#15 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 30 October 2013 - 04:56 PM

I have a honest request for SRW: go to indycar in homestead and do some laps and tell me its fun

its 100% full gas understeer, absolutly HORRIBLE, i watch real life videos and they always lift or even brake. Here you just hold on to wheel with one hand, rest your foot on gas and stay turning left for 40min. Please dont drop this low SRW

- Launger

#16 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 26 August 2015 - 06:52 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review #43: 2012 Dallara DW12
8/25/15

The 2011 Dallara DW12 is the direct result of Indycar’s ICONIC (Innovative, Competitive, Open-wheel, New, Industry-relevant, Cost-effective) project, with the goal of providing the sport with a single core chassis to all teams. Dallara was the chosen design, amongst other proposal such as an early version of the DeltaWing. It’s most striking feature is of course the partial enclosure of the rear wheels, to avoid cars flying after tire-to-tire contact. It was named DW12 to honour 2011 Indianapolis 500 winner, official Dallara test-driver and Simraceway friend Dan Wheldon, killed in a crash just before the official presentation of the car to fans and teams.

The idea behind the ICONIC Project was, in addition to enhancing safety, to limit costs. To do so, it was agreed that a core and bare chassis would be shared amongst the teams (the “Safety Cell”) who would in turn pick an engine provider and an aero-kit provided by constructors willing to invest in the sport. Originally planned for the opening season, the introduction of these different aero-kits was postponed until this year to avoid increasing costs.

The turbocharged V6s produce a maximum of 700bhp (the configuration chosen by SRW), in a car weighing a little more than 700kg. Thanks to a huge rear section and the ad-hoc diffuser, it also makes a lot of downforce.

The result is, surprisingly, an incredibly easy car to drive. That’s not exactly what you expect going into F1 territory like that. Agreed, the DW12 is slower than an F1 in most tracks (though scoring an impressive 5th overall at COTA, in front of both the MP4-26 and the MP4-29), but the car’s approachability is simply mind-blowing. It seems it can forgive most of your mistakes without any scary and unpredictable movement from the front or the rear. In most cases, it will just go on along its set course, even if you do something stupid enough to kill you in an F1. That can be explained by a number of reasons. First, the tires: these are not the spiky Pirelli tires that will die in 10 laps and overheat in 3 corners. They provide excellent grip and control over a number of situations, which is most reassuring when going around Watkins Glen at 190mph. Secondly, the engine is very easy to use: it doesn’t make enough torque to spin you around, but well enough is sprayed around all of the rev-range so you don’t feel like you forgot the handbrake if you’re not within a 100 revs of the optimal range. At worst, if you really smash the gas pedal exiting a 2nd or 3rd gear corner, the car will slide gently beneath you, leaving you enough margin to react adequately. And finally, I suspect this car produces at least as much downforce as an F1 car (although at a high drag cost, which does impair straight-line speed).

Combine all of these and you get easily the most forgivable single-seater in SRW, and a perfect tool to practice your high-downforce combos. The DW12 allows you to push it extremely hard, approaching your limits, and sometime going over them. Agreed, an easy car has its drawbacks (namely a certain lack of thrill and excitement), but this is hugely rewarding. When testing it around COTA, I did about 20 laps in a row without crashing, and improving my time consistently.

Of course, this all makes for very good racing action. But it’s also worth remembering that most real-life Indycar races are held at tight, short, bumpy and very challenging tracks, the likes of which would scare a modern F1 driver away. Imagine a Grand Prix held at Sonoma: that sounds like pure madness doesn’t it? And at these tracks, an easy, high-downforce car is more than comforting, it’s a necessity.

In memory of Dan Wheldon and Justin Wilson

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

#17 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:34 PM

Test Drive Tuesday review #43: 2012 Dallara DW12
8/25/15

The 2011 Dallara DW12 is the direct result of Indycar’s ICONIC (Innovative, Competitive, Open-wheel, New, Industry-relevant, Cost-effective) project, with the goal of providing the sport with a single core chassis to all teams. Dallara was the chosen design, amongst other proposal such as an early version of the DeltaWing. It’s most striking feature is of course the partial enclosure of the rear wheels, to avoid cars flying after tire-to-tire contact. It was named DW12 to honour 2011 Indianapolis 500 winner, official Dallara test-driver and Simraceway friend Dan Wheldon, killed in a crash just before the official presentation of the car to fans and teams.

The idea behind the ICONIC Project was, in addition to enhancing safety, to limit costs. To do so, it was agreed that a core and bare chassis would be shared amongst the teams (the “Safety Cell”) who would in turn pick an engine provider and an aero-kit provided by constructors willing to invest in the sport. Originally planned for the opening season, the introduction of these different aero-kits was postponed until this year to avoid increasing costs.

The turbocharged V6s produce a maximum of 700bhp (the configuration chosen by SRW), in a car weighing a little more than 700kg. Thanks to a huge rear section and the ad-hoc diffuser, it also makes a lot of downforce.

The result is, surprisingly, an incredibly easy car to drive. That’s not exactly what you expect going into F1 territory like that. Agreed, the DW12 is slower than an F1 in most tracks (though scoring an impressive 5th overall at COTA, in front of both the MP4-26 and the MP4-29), but the car’s approachability is simply mind-blowing. It seems it can forgive most of your mistakes without any scary and unpredictable movement from the front or the rear. In most cases, it will just go on along its set course, even if you do something stupid enough to kill you in an F1. That can be explained by a number of reasons. First, the tires: these are not the spiky Pirelli tires that will die in 10 laps and overheat in 3 corners. They provide excellent grip and control over a number of situations, which is most reassuring when going around Watkins Glen at 190mph. Secondly, the engine is very easy to use: it doesn’t make enough torque to spin you around, but well enough is sprayed around all of the rev-range so you don’t feel like you forgot the handbrake if you’re not within a 100 revs of the optimal range. At worst, if you really smash the gas pedal exiting a 2nd or 3rd gear corner, the car will slide gently beneath you, leaving you enough margin to react adequately. And finally, I suspect this car produces at least as much downforce as an F1 car (although at a high drag cost, which does impair straight-line speed).

Combine all of these and you get easily the most forgivable single-seater in SRW, and a perfect tool to practice your high-downforce combos. The DW12 allows you to push it extremely hard, approaching your limits, and sometime going over them. Agreed, an easy car has its drawbacks (namely a certain lack of thrill and excitement), but this is hugely rewarding. When testing it around COTA, I did about 20 laps in a row without crashing, and improving my time consistently.

Of course, this all makes for very good racing action. But it’s also worth remembering that most real-life Indycar races are held at tight, short, bumpy and very challenging tracks, the likes of which would scare a modern F1 driver away. Imagine a Grand Prix held at Sonoma: that sounds like pure madness doesn’t it? And at these tracks, an easy, high-downforce car is more than comforting, it’s a necessity.

In memory of Dan Wheldon and Justin Wilson

Good to see your review's are back Clem, once again a good piece of racing knowledge.Why not do something like those reviews on the RAFU_ website, it would be a good regular posting topic. :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

#18 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 739 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:05 PM

Side note:

This DW12 we have here has the open back on the rear wheel pods that lifted the car into the air in high speed spins.  They covered the back recently after a few scary high altitude flips. I haven't noticed that problem on our version so that may have been corrected and just not shown in the photo ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users