Procar M1 tire temperatures

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:36 AM

It's been mentioned on the old forum and it's still happening in the challenge at LRP so I think it should be brought to your attention:

I just bought the BMW M1 Pro Car and think there is a problem with the tire modeling on this car. The tire temps do not behave correctly as they should. Even though the CG weight distribution being more in the rear, the rear tires often exhibit excessive tire temps compared to fronts. When the car oversteers a couple of times the tire temps seem to get out of whack and it hard to get them to start behaving without restarting. I've seen sometimes the right front tire will show no change or very little in temps after spinning the car a couple of times. I think the massive oversteer problem on this car is related to the tire model and tire temps not behaving correctly. With the rear tire temps so high at times it's no wonder it's always oversteering. Also one thing that I hate when you have an all white car is that you can not see the rear brake temps. Maybe SRW can change the text color for white cars.

Yes the rear tyre temps are a bit strange, I had a relatively slow speed spin at Silverstone and gave it a bit of throttle to spin the car around, the rear tyre temps climbed very high and the back end then slid around very easy, so I looked out side and both rear tyres were flat!

https://getsatisfact...8_bmw_m1_procar

#2 Simon92

Simon92

Novice

• 46 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

the tyres also get over 200°C if you spin them in the gras, not sure if this would happen in real

#3 Guest_SRW_Dawson_*

Guest_SRW_Dawson_*

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Hi LanceMurdock. I was aware of this issue and ran it by the physics team. They are working on new physics for the car that will take care of the tire wear and heat issues. I cannot say when the update will be live but they confirmed a fix is on the way. Personally I can't wait to give it a shot. I have fond memories of that Procar and had trouble handling those temperamental tires myself. 

Thanks,

SRW_Dawson

#4 LanceMurdock

LanceMurdock

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

OK. Thanks for the update. :)

#5 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:44 AM

no bug ... just dont drift the car....

They are working on new physics for the car that will take care of the tire wear and heat issues.

funny as tire wear is switched off

https://www.simracew.../3749?locale=en

^ one qual session, 2 practice starts in warmup and 1 race....

i lost a little time in middle when i pushed tires slightly hard and let them cool a little got some pace back its very nice

all it needs is maybe different tires for practice mode as an option right now its very nice

wah! i cannot drive car x ! plz make car x fit my (lack of) driving ability

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#6 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:22 AM

Jolly dont troll that much :P .. this car realy is one of the worst ones here at srw. In terms of visual quality as well as physics poorness. Tires overheating quickly on grass? - isnt realistic. Divebombing rearend? - i guess no one would have driven it back in 1978 with that high potential to murder you every single corner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users