9 replies to this topic

#1 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:52 AM

Hi,

first of all, good to have the new forum.

Since we have multicar racing i`m enjoying this game even more.

I have a question about Multicar racing especially with GT2 and GT3.

Atm from my point of view the Corvette C6 and the Audi R8 are quiet a bit faster than their competitors.

I`d like to know if you plan to adjust their performance a bit to bring them a little closer together?

I mean, it is huge fun to win with the Z4 against an R8, but most drivers are fast enough to just pull a second on you in one sector alone(e.g. Mid Ohio)

please correct me if my observation is totally off.

keep on racing

right pedal is for going faster, left pedal i am not sure what to do with it

#2 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

Why would you alter the performance of cars to make racing closer? The point of this whole thing is to simulate real-world racing, so the way cars race against each other should reflect what would happen in a real race.

Those are just my thoughts though.

Logitech DFP (2nd gen) | SQ ~750 

#3 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

I was thinking of recent years in the ALMS for example, BMW vs. Corvette was always a close race from start to finish.

As of the real performance of the cars i am not sure, I think every major racing series with GT cars involved uses a BOP of some kind.

For SRW i would like to get some GT2 and GT3 challenge events.I think the cars should be balanced to do that.

Maybe they can do it by altering just the setup of the car.

#4 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

As far as I know, the setups are made so that the car is a good as it can be at the specific track.

I was thinking of recent years in the ALMS for example, BMW vs. Corvette was always a close race from start to finish.

As of the real performance of the cars i am not sure, I think every major racing series with GT cars involved uses a BOP of some kind.

For SRW i would like to get some GT2 and GT3 challenge events.I think the cars should be balanced to do that.

Maybe they can do it by altering just the setup of the car.

Logitech DFP (2nd gen) | SQ ~750 

#5 SRW_Nigel

SRW_Nigel

CSR

• 4 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:49 AM

Some good points and observations made here so far. I do agree with the notion that the Corvette C6 at the Laguna Seca quickrace was a bit quicker than its competitors. I also saw that the BMW E92 (Though was easier to handle) was slower than the other two GT2 cars. I know the last thing we want is to offer a Multi car event only to have racers resort to using the car with the greatest advantage. This is info I will be passed on to our event creators :)

Nigel Butler
Simraceway Support
San Francisco, Ca

#6 Simon92

Simon92

Novice

• 46 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Some good points and observations made here so far. I do agree with the notion that the Corvette C6 at the Laguna Seca quickrace was a bit quicker than its competitors. I also saw that the BMW E92 (Though was easier to handle) was slower than the other two GT2 cars. I know the last thing we want is to offer a Multi car event only to have racers resort to using the car with the greatest advantage. This is info I will be passed on to our event creators :)

In "Pilsbierbude", one of the biggest GTR2 comunities, BoP was introduced about a year ago. It works by adding some weight penalty on the faster cars. We ended up having 15 different cars and all of them were competitive. With the overall leaderboard it also was easy to see, wich cars had to get some x-tra weight.

I liked this idea, because it was easy to manage without changing the car itself.

I think this would be great for srw, in real racing there is also a BoP and i don't know why we sould not have it here.

#7 Rootsquash

Rootsquash

Novice

• 23 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

In Multi-Class races the players are still sorted by Skillquant. Would you prefer to be sorted by class first, then by SQ?

This might make things easier in T1 because there is less overtaking to do for drivers with a low SQ like me, but might lead to other problems and would probably make the first few turns less exciting ;-)

#8 KKND

KKND

Semi-Pro

• 105 posts
  • LocationBavaria

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

Rootsquash

Posted Today, 06:21 PM

In Multi-Class races the players are still sorted by Skillquant. Would you prefer to be sorted by class first, then by SQ?

No, i think the way the grid is sorted by SQ is fine. From time to time i would be happy to have a reversed grid in QR, just for the fun of overtaking a lot of cars. Having classes mixed up on the grid is also fine with me, after all its just a quick race :D

#9 Mr_Jolly

Mr_Jolly

Semi-Pro

• Banned
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:42 AM

Why would you alter the performance of cars to make racing closer? The point of this whole thing is to simulate real-world racing, so the way cars race against each other should reflect what would happen in a real race.

Those are just my thoughts though.

they are doing exactly this... r8lms will be NERFED

as of august 1st 2014 i am owed a prize from 7 months 3 weeks ago Sunday, 8th of December, 2013, 11:10AM PST (7:10PM GMT / 20:10 CET)
simraceway=simdontpay

#10 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 08 June 2013 - 07:25 AM

This might make things easier in T1 because there is less overtaking to do for drivers with a low SQ like me, but might lead to other problems and would probably make the first few turns less exciting ;-)

Reverse the grid, high SQ last.

That way the T1 prob is gone and theres less chance to accidents.

And is much more fun overtaking all that players :P

In the end you just get rammed at T1 so you will be thrown to the back.

Just saves time reversing the grid :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BOP, GT2, GT3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users