Photo

Do you race on any other SIMS? If so why and what?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#21 HellzWind

HellzWind

Novice

• 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:56 AM

You should have set this topic up with a poll dude!

I used to do Richard Burns Rally (+MODS) and GTr2+mods, some race07 (&AddOns)... untill I started playing this!

This sort of changed everything for SIM racing for me at least.

#22 SRW_Joseph

SRW_Joseph

CSR

• 26 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

Great Thread!

I'm kinda a racing addict (like no one could tell that!) :P

I keep an older XP computer JUST to run:

• Toca3,
  • GT Legends,
  • GP Legends,
  • NFS Porsche Unleashed.

On my Win7-Ultimate system I run:

• Rfactor w/ 15 Mods, currently running the DRM mod, but I also LOVE the 1970 Le Mans Mod
  • iRacing (by FAR the most expensive game),
  • F1-2012,
  • Grid,
  • World Racing Series (PiBoSo Games),
  • GP Bikes (PiBoSo Games) - This game is really fun if you love motorcycles, it's like SRW physics, on bikes!
  • Assetto Corsa (just a demo version).

I also play Forza4 or Horizons, and recently Grid2 at a buddies once a week on a full Playseat/Fanatec Carerra/ Clubsports - on a giant 70" Sony HDTV (after a night of this, my 27" monitor seems tiny) :P

And of course my favorite of all: SImraceway

And Yes, I actually play all of these quite often

(I know, seek help)   :D

Fast Laps,

Joseph Loewinsohn
Simraceway Support
San Francisco, California

#23 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 230 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:19 PM

• GP Legends,

I'm able to run GPL on my Win. 7 pc. Fortunate, as my WIn. XP machine is just about dead on it's feet!

#24 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

You should have set this topic up with a poll dude!

I used to do Richard Burns Rally (+MODS) and GTr2+mods, some race07 (&AddOns)... untill I started playing this!

This sort of changed everything for SIM racing for me at least.

OMG you are right! How do you do that.

#25 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:16 AM

Great Thread!

I'm kinda a racing addict (like no one could tell that!) :P

• Toca3,
  • GT Legends,
  • GP Legends,
  • NFS Porsche Unleashed.

On my Win7-Ultimate system I run:

• Rfactor w/ 15 Mods, currently running the DRM mod, but I also LOVE the 1970 Le Mans Mod
  • iRacing (by FAR the most expensive game),
  • F1-2012,
  • Grid,
  • World Racing Series (PiBoSo Games),
  • GP Bikes (PiBoSo Games) - This game is really fun if you love motorcycles, it's like SRW physics, on bikes!
  • Assetto Corsa (just a demo version).

I also play Forza4 or Horizons, and recently Grid2 at a buddies once a week on a full Playseat/Fanatec Carerra/ Clubsports - on a giant 70" Sony HDTV (after a night of this, my 27" monitor seems tiny) :P

And of course my favorite of all: SImraceway

And Yes, I actually play all of these quite often

(I know, seek help)   :D

Holly crap! You are the man Joseph.

BTW, You are the best in game, whenever I need anything you are always quick to respond and help. Honestly, one of the reasons I stick around.

#26 Yi.B.June

Yi.B.June

Seasoned

• 92 posts
  • LocationTokyo, Japan

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

starting with GTR2, Richard Burns Rally, RACE on and it's series, Live for speed, heat online, netkar-pro, Rfactor, grand prix legends, GT legends, game stock car, raceroom racing experience, X-motor racing, and more i didn't remember, and now on Simraceway.

i see there are few of people that mentioned Richard burns rally. 

#27 arrnie

arrnie

Contributor

• 8 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:43 AM

I play offline now (my age got the better of me) most of my online racing was with Race07. I am a regular player of GPL, the best sim' ever and rFactor, also LFS, GTL,GTR2, been playing Simraceway for about a little under a year ( I like the Events ) and just a week or so ago got GSC 2013 added to my list of sim's.

I'm 74 now, but still do a few hours each day; I see my account funds just went up by $20...thanks to SRW Events,  :)

#28 Bigbazz

Bigbazz

Seasoned

• 73 posts
  • LocationWales, UK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Rfactor 2, Project Cars, Netkar Pro, Richard Burns Rally, Gran Turismo 5, GTR 2. I also spent quite a bit of time with iRacing, own Race 07 + all expansion content, the Assetto Corsa tech demo and I occasionally still fire up Rfactor.

#29 RagingRich

RagingRich

Novice

• 12 posts
  • LocationHerts UK

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

It all started back in the day, when i was a wee spring chicken. the original games from my childhood were Formula 1, the ToCA series (2 was my favourite, followed by the first race driver game (ty diversity)), and Gran Turismo was a staple of my childhood,

On the PC it's pretty much everything compatible with a wheel, from Truck Simulator (lol), the RACE games, GTR/GTR2, rF1, rF2, NetKar PRO, Kart Racing Pro (rye house is a blast in that!)

SRW has a lot of potential, and has quickly became the one i play most consistently.

rF2 has had alot of good updates recently, but I need to start a fresh installation, and frankly, i cannot be bothered yet, lol.

#30 freggel

freggel

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationKatwijk, The Netherlands

Posted 21 December 2013 - 08:11 PM

I thought I saw something about this already on the forum, but I'm unable to find it.

Steam has some great holiday sales! I just bought GTR2 and GT Legends for just € 1,79 each.

Assetto Corsa has a discount too (still a bit too expensive for me though :P ) so check it out  :)

#31 reynaldo123

reynaldo123

Pro

• 357 posts
  • Facebook:Reynaldo Stufano
  • Twitter:@reynaldoschumi
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 22 December 2013 - 02:54 PM

F1 challenge 99-02

F1 2002

F1 2012

rFactor with ALMS and ILMC mods

MotoGP 2002

V-Rally 3

Nascar thunder 2004

Toca 2 touring cars (dunno if it's a sim)

Indycar 2002 (the best how-to set-up a car)

Don't wanna close my eyes   I don't wanna fall asleep  
'Cause I'd miss you, baby   And I don't wanna miss a thing!!!!

#32 tigre73

tigre73

Semi-Pro

• 202 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:44 PM

I play iRacing and I have played occasionally rfactor but the most used by me were GP2 & Sports Car GT, any know the last, I remember as a great simulator, hours anbd hours of funny when was far by my Engineering studies; but SRW is always on my top as game and for its great community :)

#33 dimagico

dimagico

Crew Chief

• 570 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:33 PM

Started with Crammonds GP2. Since then... i tryed almost everything, which could be called racing sim - exept iRacing. Now, i only race SRW... but did install rFactor with mods/tracks from GPLegends. 65 F1 mod & Targa Florio, Nordschleife and tracks from that time are great. Of course, it´s not the same with AI drivers arround, but still worth to try. I recommend that, if you have time to download mods and tracks.

#34 tigre73

tigre73

Semi-Pro

• 202 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:59 PM

Here in Italy in F1 forums many communities play GP Legends, I have tried It and is really hard, I didn't have a wheel and I was committed my studies when prompt this game so I didn't vplay It anymore, but It still raises some matches nowadays although It come out many years ago. I remember also was hard to play with PC requirements in these days. Another game I played a lot was GT Legends, very good game

#35 GCortese

GCortese

Novice

• 32 posts
  • LocationBarcelona, Spain

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:27 PM

- Assetto Corsa (demo)

- rFactor ( F1, Endurance Series, Megane Trophy and Street Cars)

- Test Drive Unlimited (1 and 2)

- F1 2013

- DiRT 3

- RBR

- SimRaceway 

That's all:)

Gio Cortese

#36 stormridersp

stormridersp

Novice

• 38 posts
  • LocationBrasil

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:11 PM

Before I discovered Simraceway, I used to race in rfactor mainly because I can drive my beloved Subarus, Lancia Deltas and Alfa 155 DTM in my favorite track, Nordschleife Nurburgring.

I also enjoy some rallying time in Richard Burns Rally (RSRBR 2014), specially with my beloved 1995 Subaru Impreza, which gave the title to McRae.

Now, I felt in love with SRW!

#37 mxsr

mxsr

Semi-Pro

• 129 posts
  • LocationCologne,Germany

Posted 02 February 2014 - 11:54 AM

GT4 with PS2 Dualshock.

6000 miles,

21 cars,

and 0$$$.

#38 rtmetz92

rtmetz92

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 659 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:07 PM

Very recently I purchased Assetto Corsa in order to act as a complement to the simracing experience simraceway gives me, mainly in terms of content.

Of course, I will continue to be present in simraceway nearly all the time.

It is just to have another sim to play, after I spend some hours in SRW, and vice-versa, otherwise the level of boredom would be more noticeable :)

Speed&Power Motorsport team administrator

You are welcome to join the team -> http://speedandpower.enjin.com/

#39 Flaren89

Flaren89

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:32 PM

I usually play Gran Turismo 6 that it's not a pure simulation, and when I have nothing to do on SRW sometimes get a couple of laps on the old rFactor...

For sure, when I'll have the new PC I'll start (finally) to play Assetto Corsa which I bought in the days it was released on Steam, and maybe at that point I can think to buy rFactor 2...

Most Played games (actually): - Gran Turismo 6 (PS3); - World of Warcraft (PC); - SimRaceWay (PC); - DotA 2 (Steam PC)

#40 Ilia Ralic

Ilia Ralic

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 01 April 2014 - 10:49 AM

Im still playing richard burns rally,its 10 years old but the best rally sim ever,there have been many mods and updates by freelancers but nothing like the original content.rally geeks lets all pray for rbr 2 :)

I also  play raceroom especially when i dont see any interesting events in srw or no ppl.always been a simbin fan.RR has  the best sound and great graphics but very little race options,also srw has far better gameplay

butragueno44 :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users