Photo

Do you race on any other SIMS? If so why and what?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

Just curious as to what everyone is running and where you would rank them and why.

#2 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 232 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Grand Prix Legends 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969 & Can Am 1971. It may be old, but it's still great fun and I really enjoy the way the cars of that era (esp '67 & '69) drive.

#3 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

I played Live for Speed for a brief time, but that sim has died since then. It's all about drifting and cruise over there, which I'm not much into.

I'm not going to play favorites though, all sims have their ups and downs, just enjoy driving for what it is!

Logitech DFP (2nd gen) | SQ ~750 

#4 Ageos27

Ageos27

Novice

• 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

iRacing, NR2003, Race07, SRW (my favorite one!), and rFactor.

#5 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've been looking into NR2003 (Die-Hard oval fan), but can't find it within my budget. Do you know anywhere I can score it cheap?

iRacing, NR2003, Race07, SRW (my favorite one!), and rFactor.

#6 ToniA

ToniA

Novice

• 15 posts
  • Facebook:toni.anicic
  • LocationMünchen

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

I played Live for Speed for a brief time, but that sim has died since then. It's all about drifting and cruise over there, which I'm not much into.

I'm not going to play favorites though, all sims have their ups and downs, just enjoy driving for what it is!

Main problem with US drivers on lfs is time zone.

´nd that about just drifting and cruise isnt true  :P

#7 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

Main problem with US drivers on lfs is time zone.

´nd that about just drifting and cruise isnt true  :P

From what I've seen, yes. Hardly anyone is on real race servers anymore.

#8 Ageos27

Ageos27

Novice

• 32 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

I've been looking into NR2003 (Die-Hard oval fan), but can't find it within my budget. Do you know anywhere I can score it cheap?

The only place you'll be able to find it is on eBay, or a lucky find at a thrift store or yard sale. Or, if you want (I don't recommend this at all), you can download it, although that's illegal.

#9 Mr.Kninja

Mr.Kninja

Novice

• 41 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:47 PM

The only place you'll be able to find it is on eBay, or a lucky find at a thrift store or yard sale. Or, if you want (I don't recommend this at all), you can download it, although that's illegal.

I'd never download it. I've been looking on ebay though, most people want $60 and above, which is way out of my price range. I've also been looking at thrift shops whenever we go. Only luck I've had was finding the EA Nascar 2003 with a missing disc...

Back to topic now, this thread has derailed way too much. :P

#10 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:22 AM

iRacing, Live for speed, SRW, Rfactor here right no. Too many to list over the years. Have to say iRacing is my favorite and has tons of people and fantastic oval racing. SRW is my #2, it has a ton of potential but I dont't feel it is headed in the right direction. Especially for someone like me.

#11 geoff67

geoff67

Contributor

• 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:29 AM

Grand Prix Legends 1965, 1966, 1967, 1969 & Can Am 1971. It may be old, but it's still great fun and I really enjoy the way the cars of that era (esp '67 & '69) drive.

Agreed Rob, still IMHO the most challenging sim there is....Graphics are dated now, but the physics never age. Plus driving the old, great tracks that have either disappeared, or been neutered by the 'safety police'.

Geoff.

EDIT: Watching first time drivers try yo get the Brabham BT24 out of the pits at Monza without looping it is priceless.  :)

#12 DamianBlack

DamianBlack

Seasoned

• 53 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

The first SIM racing game i ever played on PC was Rfactor. I found i couldint get into races or i didint have the right mods or whatever. Iv play some good arcade racing games like project torque, Level R and Now Heatonline. the 3 are all the same game but now there is only heatonline.All of those games had a SIM mode, heat currntly has a very Crapy sim mode that feels like your driving on ice, casr slide all over the place. Iv spent probly over $100 at Project torque and the game ended. lost all my money :angry: . Now i still play heat sometimes but its in major need of content, bug fixes and players. LOL it only has 2 Devoplers. soo i dont see much in the way of a big update coming to that game. Jeezz i could compliane all day about that game. it used to be so fun.

ANYway. Simraceway Is my racing Home now

SRW FOREVER :wub:

DownShiftRacingTeam

#13 Risto Kappet

Risto Kappet

Crew Chief

• Banned
  • 507 posts
  • Facebook:Risto Kappet

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

Did lots of oldschool racing games as a baby but after getting my first FFB wheel ~4 years ago i started rfactor league racing and with my rfactor club

we have always participated in the STC team challenge. First with race07 and now with iracing (not that good of a sim for roadracing actually, read the forums to see tens of real GT racers dissing the nonexsistant tyre model and skittinesh of cars) but STC races are always a big event with huge competition and great coverage.

Ive tried almost any sim and would love to see some progress on rfactor2 but atm its all so divided between that, CARS, asetto corsa etc etc - all beta sims technically. So SRW is the best pick atm :)

- Launger

#14 elitespeedway

elitespeedway

Semi-Pro

• 140 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

Use to race Kart Racing Pro until I discovered SRW

Was looking forward to KartSim but seems that has disappeared now.

So SRW is the best pick atm  :)

Agreed SRW for me is the best.

You Win Some, You Lose Some, You Wreck Some

#15 Racecarfan

Racecarfan

Novice

• 48 posts
  • LocationOshawa Ontario Canada

Posted 07 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I have played at Iracing , Acr ( founding member  ) , Project torque , Rfactor and now Simraceway since 2011. This game has a lot of potential and I'm looking forward to being part of it . 

#16 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Hey all thanks for the comments good to know everyone is so well versed.

Check out Race2Win under the recruit tab on the forum home page. It is a Tea/League I am starting up and would like it if you could participate and contribute.

Thanks

David

#17 Infinital (N. Greene)

Infinital (N. Greene)

Novice

• 16 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

I play Real Racing 3 on my android while bored.

Also playing IGP Manager (F1 management game.)

Used to play Iracing, but didn't have the time to cover the monthly, so I dropped it.

#18 DavidHinshaw

DavidHinshaw

Semi-Pro

• 164 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

I play Real Racing 3 on my android while bored.

Also playing IGP Manager (F1 management game.)

Used to play Iracing, but didn't have the time to cover the monthly, so I dropped it.

I tried messing around with IGP but I am not smart enough for that, lol

#19 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:21 PM

Grand Prix Legends  especially 1965 season . I love old cars .

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#20 Andrea Brozzi

Andrea Brozzi

Seasoned

• 68 posts
  • Facebook:BROZ13
  • LocationItaly

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

Online: It's the first Sim game I ply

Offline: Played GTR2, rFactor, GT Legends, Race 07 with all the expansions 

SImraceway nick : BROZ13 

A.k.a "The one that can't turn correctly"