SharpView_1200_x_450.jpg?1361308211

Rear_1200_x_450.jpg?1361583835

Top Speed: 140 MPH
0-60: 4.5 Seconds
Horsepower: 175 @ 7000 RPM
Torque: 188 @ 6000 RPM
Transmission: 6 Speed Manual
Drivetrain: RWD

Originally based on the Lotus Seven, a lightweight sports car sold up until 1972, Caterham Sevens are a series of small, two-seaters renowned for their performance and handling. The Superlight R300 is the least powerful of the track-oriented Superlight R series, which also includes the R400 and R500. In comparison to the little Caterham's Roadsport cousins, Superlights treat comfort as a secondary consideration, with no roof or windscreen offered as standard. However this feather-light, rock-hard racer makes up for it with an ultra-involving chassis that immediately puts its lucky driver at the very core of the driving experience. And what an experience it is. The front-engine, rear-wheel drive R300's 2.0-liter Caterham Powertrain (CPT) Duratec engine churns out 175 bhp -- sufficient power to, in concert with its six-speed manual transmission, take the 1,135-lb car all the way up to 140 mph (with the first 60 being racked up in only 4.5 seconds). That adds up to a not-too-shabby power-to-weight ratio of 339 bhp-per-ton.

Please share your reviews, videos, pictures, or critiques about the R300 in the comment section. And be sure to check back regularly to read our very own Simraceway staff give you some insight into the creation of this high-performance machine. 

Ojan
Simraceway Community and Customer Service
San Francisco, California

#2 pilotapazzo

pilotapazzo

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/davide.farina.5
  • LocationTrento, Italy

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:27 PM

This car is so fun to drive...incredible :D Really like it

“ If you're not a pro, just pretend you're one...like I do! "

#3 Matrox

Matrox

Seasoned

• 85 posts
  • LocationCologne, Germany

Posted 27 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

This car is realy realy nice. Im looking forward to rttw with it asap!

#4 shaun24

shaun24

Seasoned

• 67 posts
  • Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/jakub.kucharik.3?ref=tn_tnmn
  • LocationPrague, CZE

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

Yeah, it would be awesome to do a RTTW with this car. It´s incredibly easy to drive with it. I think this car at NASCAR version of Sonoma would be great racing!

#5 tomekf248

tomekf248

Seasoned

• 60 posts
  • Facebook:kubiaktomek
  • Twitter:tomekkubiak
  • LocationPoznan, Poland

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

Great car to drive, turns in beautifuly, slight oversteer at the exit but I like that and it's small so you can overtake in places where it wouldn't be possible in other cars. The only flaw is the short gearbox which allows everyone to pass you on the straight (and unfortunately SRW can't change setup because gear ratio isn't adjustable).

tomekf248 | SQ 875 | G27 & SRW-S1

WDW 9 Winner

#6 ToniA

ToniA

Novice

• 15 posts
  • Facebook:toni.anicic
  • LocationMünchen

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

One of best cars in srw so far.

#7 Swir80PL

Swir80PL

Novice

• 42 posts
  • Twitter:swir80pl
  • LocationDublin

Posted 02 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

Defo one of the best, and the price is also good. Everyone should get it.

#8 forhaud

forhaud

Contributor

• 6 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Totally agree. A very recommended car, really nice to drive...

Because so few events with him?

#9 AirSwann

AirSwann

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 01:24 PM

Great car, but I have a slight problem with it. When I am on the power the car turns slightly to the right, which is quite annoying. All other cars i drive in simraceway, doesn't have that problem, and the problem on the caterham is at every track. Is there anyone who has experienced a similar problem, and perhaps knows a solution? 

#10 __doodle127

__doodle127

Novice

• 35 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh, Scotland

Posted 28 June 2015 - 01:21 PM

Great car, but I have a slight problem with it. When I am on the power the car turns slightly to the right, which is quite annoying. All other cars i drive in simraceway, doesn't have that problem, and the problem on the caterham is at every track. Is there anyone who has experienced a similar problem, and perhaps knows a solution? 

Yes, this car pulls to the right for everyone as far as I am aware.

Really not sure why it does unless there is a bug in the setup maybe (idk). I thought originally that is was a very good simulation of the air resistance that the driver and driver's small windshield would create as it is right-hand drive, but that seems far fetched to be considered even in a sim.

TEAM: SDEv    

Car Collection:47     SQ: 1025--1035

Sim Gear: FANATEC- Clubsport Wheelbase v2 and BMW GT2 Rim + CSR E-Inverted Pedals + Clubsport Shifter v1.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users