[Reported] AMD HD6870 compatibility issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Coasterfreak46

Coasterfreak46

Novice

• 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:39 AM

I have got a notebook with an i7 and a GT555M (2GB) wich the game runs great on.

and a desktop:

core: AMD A8 3870

graphics: HD6870 (1 GB)

RAM: 4 GB Kingston Hyper X

On the desktop the game should run even better. But IF I can run it (sometimes), I have to turn down the settings to avoid lag somehow. 

That's not really a problem to me, but what is a problem is that it detects that my HD6870 has 2545 MB of GDDR5 while  in fact  it only has 1024 MB.

(I think this causes the lag issues as well, since i can run DiRT 3 on it on ultra settings 1080p)

Because of this every time I join a race, after 5 seconds or so, of low  frame-rate  gameplay it crashes with a GFX error saying my graphics card hasn't got enough memory.

I think the game just sees the 2545 MB and wants to use it all, and by doing that it overflows the 1024 MB  which the card  actually  has.

Also my download manager doesn't seem to download anymore on this pc, everytime it tries to download the new SLS (which also works fine on my notebook) it says 'Failed. Requeued.' and I can't get it to download by restarting the agent/update processes or the update service.

AMDsupportproblems.jpg

#2 SRW_Rob

SRW_Rob

CSR

• 65 posts
  • LocationAfrica

Posted 01 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

With regards to the 6870, i used to own the the same card and had no issues. 

The problem with incorrect GPU ram reading is known, i would double check that you have all the drivers installed on your pc up to date and try manually update DirectX. Simraceway reads the values that Microsoft DirectX reports to it. 

The download manager issue is known currently as per our announcement: http://community.sim...-2013/#entry392 our engineers are currently looking into it.

Rob James
Ignite Game Technologies
Simraceway.com
London, UK

#3 Coasterfreak46

Coasterfreak46

Novice

• 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

I manually updated my direct x 9.0c to the June 2010 version
http://www.oldapps.com/directx.php

checked my catalist and driver version, which is 13.4 which is the latest

and i have the latest version of .net 4.5 installed
but it didn´t work, the game still hangs. It even crashed in the menu once just now.

#4 SRW_Rob

SRW_Rob

CSR

• 65 posts
  • LocationAfrica

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Do you still have the installer file download SimracewayGame_88.exe - if you do please run it and reinstall but over the top of your installation in case there is a wrong file version etc. 

Rob James
Ignite Game Technologies
Simraceway.com
London, UK

#5 Coasterfreak46

Coasterfreak46

Novice

• 37 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

I installed the beta driver version of my graphics card, reinstalled the game, rebooted (if I don't reboot it doesn't work) and now it appears to be fine again.

I'll post it here if I have any further issues :)

EDIT:

the only problem I still have is that it underscales on my screen, it doesn't quite go full screen (has black edges allround it) but as long as it works, it's fine :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users