• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 MuscleCarRacer

MuscleCarRacer

Seasoned

• 97 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 20 December 2015 - 09:16 PM

I was wondering if there's any way I could somehow port SRW's HUD to rFactor 2. The HUD options there are atrocious and I really need a HUD for when I'm in the chase camera... I'm willing to edit game files, whatever for this to work!!! Can someone please tell me if this is possible?

Beer.

My YouTube: bit.ly/1HiF26a

#2 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 680 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 20 December 2015 - 10:36 PM

I did get rFactor2 demo to work and I haven't got a car/wheel setup worth a poop yet.

#3 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:34 PM

I highly doubt it. If it is possible, then you'd have to do it manually all the way. I don't know about this stuff but it's just a thought it's complicated. Getting a HUD from any other ISI game would be complicated as it is, but for a non-editable, hardcoded sim such as SRW, it seems pretty much impossible.

Since only the devs can properly access the game and edit it, they would have the raw parts of the HUD and then port it to rFactor 2, but let's be honest, they wouldn't do that. Recreating the HUD as a separate entity for rFactor 2 sounds easier and someone might be willing to do it, who knows. But even if you got all the images as their own textures and parts, functionality is another thing. :P

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rfactor 2, hud

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users