Breakdown on the road

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 PhantomEagle

PhantomEagle

Contributor

• 5 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 06:13 AM

Never got stranded before, probably because i do feel when the car is having a problem, and the fact that i regularly get it checked... dunno, really, the most i have done was fill the wipershield fluid tank, or the tank that you fill for washing your windshield when pressing a button...

#22 underscore

underscore

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY USA

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:01 PM

My dad taught me how to change my own oil. It needs a special pan underneath, and a special socket for undoing the oil filter. (A belt might work in a pinch, to get enough grip on the filter.) I don't have a driveway to do it in, so I've not done it lately.

There's also changing a spare tire, which is very simple. Soon I'm gonna have to switch to my winter tires, which I keep on steel rims... And I could use an oil change... Thanks for reminding me! :-)

#23 D1AMONDBACK

D1AMONDBACK

Seasoned

• 69 posts
  • LocationExeter, England

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:54 PM

Breakdowns for me are basically an occupational hazard, but then I do work in the motor trade. If a fault can happen to a vw then with over 20 years experience it's probably happened to me at some point.

#24 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 685 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:40 PM

In the past I had used cars for about 25 years, in '83 I bought the Civic new and beat the wholly crap out of it.  Then another few used cars till the '02 Suby.  When somebody totaled it for me I got a '07 Suby.  It's a lot nicer with a new ( or gently used ) car.  I can work on them but I would rather not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users