22 replies to this topic

#1 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:34 PM

I took the Audi R18TDI "Red Sonja" out at Silverstone because I like it and it's a track which that car actually raced on in the 2011 ILMC season. https://en.wikipedia...tal_Le_Mans_Cup

Set-up comments:  Basic, I didn't even adjust brake balance between front and rear

Fuel:  10 laps

Best Lap:  1:43.708

I use a DFGT Steering wheel and compete with the following car assists on:

Clutch On

Invulnerability On

Viewing Mode:  Cockpit, always.

Update

I managed to get a screen grab showing my lap time.

Attached File  GRAB_012.JPG   57.7KB   0 downloads

#2 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 733 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:26 AM

I don't own this car :(

I have driven it and it is a fine car.

#3 Mausil

Mausil

Seasoned

• 81 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

dont have this car ,but I remember enjoying the mini-multi-class endurance quickrace of some months ago with it :)  

#4 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:22 AM

Don't have this car either. lel :P

The challenges are best set with cheaper or free cars.

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#5 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 12 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

I took Red Sonja for a spin as well, as that seemed like a cool combo and I just bought the car. It was good fun, though it took me some time to understand the car, it is a bit tricky to feel the limit in the R18. But in the end I did a 1:43.2xx. It felt pretty good, though I definitely feel a faster time is possible. Having the perfect lap is tough in this combo. I hope we all will be able to race it soon!

I'll post the complete time tomorrow along with a screenshot!

Wheel: SRW-S1

10 laps of fuel, but 8 laps in, so not much left in the tank! But the tires were 8 laps old as well, so I think it evens out pretty well.

Standard set-up, except for +2 clicks of brake bias towards the front

Assists: invulnerability, auto-clutch and auto upshift (my upshift padle is broken)

Fun combo!

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

The link to the Test Drive Tuesday cars leaderboards: https://goo.gl/ATr6mF

#6 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:47 AM

I took Red Sonja for a spin as well, as that seemed like a cool combo and I just bought the car. It was good fun, though it took me some time to understand the car, it is a bit tricky to feel the limit in the R18. But in the end I did a 1:43.2xx. It felt pretty good, though I definitely feel a faster time is possible. Having the perfect lap is tough in this combo. I hope we all will be able to race it soon!

I'll post the complete time tomorrow along with a screenshot!

Wheel: SRW-S1

10 laps of fuel, but 8 laps in, so not much left in the tank! But the tires were 8 laps old as well, so I think it evens out pretty well.

Standard set-up, except for +2 clicks of brake bias towards the front

Assists: invulnerability, auto-clutch and auto upshift (my upshift padle is broken)

Fun combo!

Half a second to find; now I'm torn between trying to match that time (I too felt that there was more to come) and setting up a new challenge in something I was actually able to achieve a Top 10 finish in :)

IIRC, I set my time on lap 7, after spinning out a few times, so that could be the point when everything is working at it's best.

I felt the front needed to be a bit more positive, so I may try a set-up tweak in that direction.

#7 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 September 2015 - 01:16 PM

For some reason I can't do a screenshot of a replay, it only captures my wallpaper... Anyway, I don't think I can do much more in terms of set-up, as I'm quite comfortable with the balance as it is currently. But let me know if you beat my time, I might have to work a bit more on that one! :)

SQ currently around: 875 - car collection: 55 (Gotta catch them all!) - ingame ID: RAFU_Alonso

#8 kelseyg

kelseyg

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:10 PM

well i like this combo, how could you guys not have the Audi R18 TDI :wacko:

#9 kelseyg

kelseyg

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

OK just did a quick try :)

Set-up comments:  default

Fuel:  10 laps (at start best lap was 4 laps fuel left)

Best Lap:  1:47.649

I use a G27 Steering wheel and compete with the following car assists on:

Clutch On

#10 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

I managed to get a screen-grab, so I've updated my OP.

#11 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Did you simply do a screenshot? Or is there anything else to do? It really doesn't work for me, it only shows my wallpaper background. It's a nice wallpaper, but I doubt it's of any use in here! :)

#12 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

Your having the same problem as I have Clem my ptscn won't work on SRW Replay.

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

#13 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 733 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:25 PM

Same here and the ingame screen save enter key puts the pic in a file that wasn't easy to find and send to imgur and then I still can't post it to the forum yet.  More work on that later tonight.  Making this work has become as much of a challenge as driving the dang cars.  Oh well it's a new game to play while we wait.  Elsy did you see I littered your webpage with pictures?  lol

#14 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:35 PM

Did you simply do a screenshot? Or is there anything else to do? It really doesn't work for me, it only shows my wallpaper background. It's a nice wallpaper, but I doubt it's of any use in here! :)

My screen grab function (without loading up the game I don't know if has a different name) is mapped to F12. In the replay at a random point which showed the best lap time I pressed F12 and when I left the game it was there in the screenshots dump.

Using Alt-Print Screen doesn't work; as you've found out :)

To post into a message you need to use the "More Reply Options" on the right below. Next click "Browse..." on the left and navigate to the folder where the image is. Next, click "Attach This File". I think there's another step, but my upload is currently not working to check that out.

#15 Clemsie McKenzie

Clemsie McKenzie

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

Thanks! I'll try this out next time I run SRW :)

#16 MuscleCarRacer

MuscleCarRacer

Seasoned

• 98 posts
  • Location'Murica

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:02 AM

No one has this car baha

I tried it, I want it, it's expensive, I'd crash it.

Beer.

My YouTube: bit.ly/1HiF26a

#17 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 733 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:56 AM

To be nice about it, I have $0.21 in cash here and almost 1000 credits and I am shy about spending real money on this car right now.  I do really like this car.

#18 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:30 PM

My screen grab function (without loading up the game I don't know if has a different name) is mapped to F12. In the replay at a random point which showed the best lap time I pressed F12 and when I left the game it was there in the screenshots dump.

Using Alt-Print Screen doesn't work; as you've found out :)

To post into a message you need to use the "More Reply Options" on the right below. Next click "Browse..." on the left and navigate to the folder where the image is. Next, click "Attach This File". I think there's another step, but my upload is currently not working to check that out.

Unfortunately my f12 button is programmed to place my PC in sleep mode, so i can't use that, will keep on tying to find some way around this problem.

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

#19 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:58 PM

No one has this car baha

I tried it, I want it, it's expensive, I'd crash it.

Why not suggest an event for a car you do own then?

The link below is to one of the two $1.00 payouts (big winner here! :)) I'm still owed, so I was thinking about putting something up for this car.

https://www.simracew...11184?locale=en

I was thinking a similar offering to this one, but at Lime Rock (no chicane), Donnington (probably the National circuit) or one of the Zandvoort variations

#20 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

I got down to a 43.334 without modifying anything. I don't think I have much more to get so it might be time to think about a few set-up mods...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: offline, hotlap, challenge, R18 Silverstone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users