• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 10 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

The event has finished! The winner is sierra28 (albeit with an advantage), and D.Ollauri nicely in second without any changes. Mesder13 got 3rd with a second behind D.Ollauri. Thanks to everyone taking part! Stay tuned for news as the next challenge gets under way here.

Well, since we've seen some offline challenges around I thought I might as well put one up too. While the idea is not as original as the other two, it's quite challenging. I originally planned it to take place in Cadwell Park instead (with chicane), but that wasn't too original as the non-chicane version was put up by Coss as a quick race, and in practice the cutting detection isn't as precise so Troyton shall take Cadwell's place, thanks to its barriers.

But for the sake of enjoying the challenge, my lap won't count towards this challenge. I only did a single clean flying lap to give you a personal benchmark. It was 1:58.9, but as you can guess, I could surely shave off seconds. No aids or setup used, steering lock kept stock as well. Tire wear/fuel usage was also off. However, this challenge is for you guys. Can anyone at least get close to this banker lap?

I will update this thread whenever anyone has a new time to post. Post your pics for proof. Please also state what aids you used, and possibly setups.

1st: sierra28 (1:56.474) [Custom steering lock, abs low.]
2nd: D.Ollauri (1:57.113) [Default setup, no assists.]
3rd: Mesder13 (1:58.140) [Custom steering lock, no assists.]
4th: Bolinhas (1:58.778) [Default setup, no assists.]
5th: dahrec (1.59.334) [Default setup, abs low.]
6th: mausil (2.00.486) [Default setup, no assists.]
7th: Wrecked (2:05.992) [Default setup, no assists.]
8th: Fettuccine (2:11.710) [?info]

Spoiler

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#2 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 10 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

https://www.dropbox....AB_060.JPG?dl=0

no assists

#3 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 739 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:51 PM

Still need to follow that link and find out how to post pictures or vids.  Pretty sure no one will dispute this. :)   My best time here so far is 2:11.710

#4 Wrecked

Wrecked

Semi-Pro

• 162 posts
  • LocationCariboo Country BC, Canada

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:04 AM

I will be joining this challenge Tume, so please keep it open for a few days good sir. I'll have to buy the car too, but that is easy -- I just change the password to our credit card site again, then she will not find out I bought another one for a couple days anyway. I should be able to get a few laps in before she attacks, again.

#5 Mausil

Mausil

Seasoned

• 81 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:37 AM

first quick try  <_< 2.00.486 *stock setup no assists

https://www.dropbox....00.486.JPG?dl=0

#6 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:38 AM

i'm in , will post here time and proof  :P

Sierra28 member of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#7 Wrecked

Wrecked

Semi-Pro

• 162 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Boy, Troyton is one slippery track. I have pretty much memorized the turns and have a fairly good idea of where the grip goes from very poor to oh my f%#$ing gawd!!! (just about everywhere in anything above 1st gear) but I have tweaked my "rates" settings to the point that everything -- especially my brakes -- are all but useless. Right now if I carefully apply the brakes I go from nothing, nothing, nothing, then 100%, then try to feather back just a hair which instantly results in nothing again and around I go. My controller is fine -- I can feather the pedals and the red bars move gradually and evenly, as do all the axis functions -- but it's darned near impossible to drive a very loose car on a track surface made of grease and water. I guess I'll have to reinstall SRW to restore the defaults. I have not found a reset button for such settings.

edit: I forgot my time...  2:09.821. Setup completely haywire (the rates are messed up, tires etc are set to default) no assists and only transient psychotic episodes. Still have no idea why my HUD isn't displaying for the replays. I even set all the video settings to high yet still no joy.

G6cumqO.jpg

#8 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:06 PM

Still have no idea why my HUD isn't displaying for the replays. I even set all the video settings to high yet still no joy.

You cannot enable the HUD in replays. The two screenshots I took were taken on fly (while I was driving). That also explains why no wheel, the wheel will always be visible in the replays.

Check out my YouTube.

#9 Wrecked

Wrecked

Semi-Pro

• 162 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:14 PM

You cannot enable the HUD in replays. The two screenshots I took were taken on fly (while I was driving). That also explains why no wheel, the wheel will always be visible in the replays.

Aha!  I get it now. Thanks Tume. I will set a button on my wheel for the screengrab in session next time. Man that was bugging me.

edit: Worked great once I connected by head to my hands, yet I still managed to pop it into neutral by pressing the wrong button at first.  2:08.111. I'm only adding this now to finally post a fully valid screenshot of my time.

NM2T4f0.jpg

Only steering lock adjusted and invincibility on. No driving assists! (It feels good to finally be able to prove it.)

#10 the_sigman

the_sigman

Seasoned

• 93 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:02 PM

I love the track, shame I don't have the car or the credits :(

#11 Wrecked

Wrecked

Semi-Pro

• 162 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 07:39 PM

I''l post one last time before I go back to work and before you shut it down for the night Tume. Must be getting fairly late over yonder. No more lap times from me at this event until morning, thank you.

2:06.686. Only steering lock adjusted, invulnerability and no driver assists.

PYn6Efp.jpg

What are "attempted setups"?  What I actually did was slowly restore the rates to somewhat drivable after ruining their settings in a previous event. If anything it has made my drive that much harder, not easier by any stretch. I'm not talking about tire pressures or any of the actual car settings, just the rates assigned to my controller, so the RZ-S I drove only has the steering lock adjusted. Everything else on the car is default.

#12 David

David

Novice

• 26 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:04 PM

nice combo!! dont know about differential setup... so... stock 

https://www.dropbox....BLXkUECpcjFuGFa

#13 Mesder13

Mesder13

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Man, this whole track is just about holding the car right on the limit of grip, I was probably some degree of sideways for a good portion of this track. Got my time down to a 1:58.140 with no aids, and stock setup (apart from steering lock.) This is a really fun but really challenging combo!

Attached Files

#14 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:36 PM

Man, this whole track is just about holding the car right on the limit of grip, I was probably some degree of sideways for a good portion of this track. Got my time down to a 1:58.140 with no aids, and stock setup (apart from steering lock.) This is a really fun but really challenging combo!

Yup, plus this car doesn't have auto blip so the brakings are very crucial (at least without clutch :P). I thought this combo would be mild enough for you guys. It's fairly easy but hard to push at.

Check out my YouTube.

#15 Mesder13

Mesder13

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:01 PM

Yup, plus this car doesn't have auto blip so the brakings are very crucial (at least without clutch :P). I thought this combo would be mild enough for you guys. It's fairly easy but hard to push at.

I've got a G27, so I may have a bit of an unfair advantage on the brakes  :P

A slippery car on a slippery track demands huge amounts of smoothness, and a clutch pedal really helps with that.

#16 Wrecked

Wrecked

Semi-Pro

• 162 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:17 PM

I've got a G27, so I may have a bit of an unfair advantage on the brakes  :P

A slippery car on a slippery track demands huge amounts of smoothness, and a clutch pedal really helps with that.

Try doing it with brakes that are either full on or full off... :wacko:  Though I think I have my controller close to fixed now, so I might climb back into the RZ again if I get the time. Great lap Mesder!

#17 dahrec

dahrec

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAachen, Germany

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

https://www.dropbox....wy4/RZ.png?dl=0

default setup with low abs   :)

#18 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:23 PM

Top 3 really close and each under 1:59! :)

This will be a tough one. :P

Check out my YouTube.

#19 Mausil

Mausil

Seasoned

• 81 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:41 PM

Yup, plus this car doesn't have auto blip 

:huh:  huh?   

#20 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:43 PM

:huh:  huh?

Auto blipping is the concept where the computer automatically matches the rev of the lower gear when braking. Thus, without it, the car will be unstable.

Blipping is alias for rev-matching.

Check out my YouTube.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: offline, hotlap, challenge, supra, toyota, Troyton, Troyton Club, club

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users