SRW-S1 PARTS PADDLES

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 the_blur_oc@hotmail.com

the_blur_oc@hotmail.com

Lurker

• 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:45 PM

Hi guys, I bought an S1 a while ago and I love using it, but I had a night a few days ago with some friends and as I was getting up from my couch, I kicked my S1, which I had foolishly put on the floor beside me and broke the brake pedal paddle right off the wheel =( 

Is there a way anyone knows to either order a new paddle or set of paddles? I was toying with the idea of having one 3d-printed, but I would need precise measurements for a good print (maybe print off a whole set of paddles in metal this time ;p).

#2 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 764 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 23 July 2015 - 01:43 PM

I had problems and kept breaking return springs, I found I could get usable spring material from a local surplus store.  Then I broke a switch on the shift paddle and bought a new S1, they are kinda inexpensive.  Then I broke another couple springs and switches and used the old wheel for donor parts.  There is a great video on disassembly of the wheel on youtube and after the first time it doesn't take very long.  Very few tools.  Recently I donated my wheel and the parts wheel to a friend to get him to start racing and dug deep to get a G27 wheel.  I drove for about 80,000 miles on my S1 wheels and it convinced me that I was loving this sim and am likely to race for a very long time.  I didn't find a source for parts tho :(

I bet if you have the resources to make paddles there might be a market for upgrade replacement parts.  There are upgrade pedal parts and a few other things for other wheels, wanna start a business?  :)

#3 DR3D9

DR3D9

Semi-Pro

• 101 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 12:54 AM

I have a spare for parts yet I am reluctant to give it away. perhaps a modeling solution will work. models are built out of plastic, custom model builders build anything they want to imagine.

cheap solution= auto body bondo, sandable and drillable. rebuild what you broke.

#4 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 764 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 23 January 2016 - 04:33 PM

Mold in latex and cast fiber/plastic copies?  My dad makes reproduction horn/steering wheel centers for '41 Cadillac collectors with this process.  These aren't strong because of the material but anything could be used.  The original SRW parts aren't very strong.  Would like to see a metal replacement part tho.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SRW-S1, PARTS, PADDLES

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users