8 replies to this topic

#1 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

This is a thread for race discussion.

So far, 1 Hour 20 Minutes in, Audi #7 lead after passing the pole sitting #18 and former racel eader #17 Porsches. The Safety Car has also made an appearance after a oil spill from a Porsche GTE leads to it spinning out and catching fire.

2 Hours 40 minutes in, and the race still has another 21+ hours of racing.

Join the Renault Megane Trophy Tour! 

#2 kelseyg

kelseyg

Seasoned

• 52 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 June 2015 - 03:59 PM

impressive return to race of audi car 8 after a decent accident.

#3 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 13 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Safety Car out!

Porsche currently occupying Top 3 positions

#4 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 14 June 2015 - 01:22 AM

11 Hours 40 minutes to go and Porsche lead from the 2 Audis

Nissan nowhere to be seen! Don't like how they are using this like a 24h testing session rather than a race...

EDIT: Just as I type that Lotterer overtook!

#5 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 06:56 AM

6hrs to go; Porsche 1-2!

Sadly Aston Martin seem to have faded (again) in GTE-Pro.

Personally, I'm happy to see Nissan here being innovative and learning. That's a lot better than them not being here at all.

I would feel differently if they just the same as the other P1 entries and 20-odd seconds off the pace though.

#6 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 02:57 PM

Porsche wins Le Mans!

A 1-2 in their second year, that's a near perfect result for me. Toyota must be more than a little frustrated to see Porsche achieve a 1-2 in their second year when they've been trying since 2012.

Shame about the other classes, but I imagine someone is happy with those results ;)

#7 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 14 June 2015 - 03:18 PM

Really disappointed with Audi's result.
2 laps down in the end and third, but I'm still glad they finished on the podium in the end. Well done to Porsche for beating Audi with a 1-2 in a fair fight, especially in their second year as you mentioned

Stellar performance from KCMG in LMP2, winning their class and gaining P9 overall. Patrick Dempsey's team did really decently as well, they got P2 in GTE-AM.

Overall, the race was fun to watch, definently the best race in motorsport this year.

With your point about Nissan, Rolo, I understand it and can agree with it a little, but, with all this hype about their car I was expecting a bit more to be honest.

#8 Rolo Tomassi

Rolo Tomassi

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 234 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:19 PM

Really disappointed with Audi's result.
2 laps down in the end and third, but I'm still glad they finished on the podium in the end. Well done to Porsche for beating Audi with a 1-2 in a fair fight, especially in their second year as you mentioned

Stellar performance from KCMG in LMP2, winning their class and gaining P9 overall. Patrick Dempsey's team did really decently as well, they got P2 in GTE-AM.

Overall, the race was fun to watch, definently the best race in motorsport this year.

With your point about Nissan, Rolo, I understand it and can agree with it a little, but, with all this hype about their car I was expecting a bit more to be honest.

I don't know what happened to Audi; the post race reviews will make interesting reading on that point.

As for Nissan; I think they underestimated the scale of the challenge, especially when the began to encounter problems in testing. It's nice to see innovation and variation on track, so hope they do better next year.

In the meantime, this interview with Ben Bowlby might be worth reading:

http://www.racecar-e...owlby-nismo-qa/

Oh, and one other thing. BMW might be back in 2017...http://www.racecar-e...lmp1-programme/

#9 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 14 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

http://www.racecar-e...owlby-nismo-qa/

Oh, and one other thing. BMW might be back in 2017...http://www.racecar-e...lmp1-programme/T

Thanks for the Nissan read, now I understand better about their program.

BMW coming into LMP1 in 2017 suprised me, I thought they would go down the GTE route.

About Audi, well, the #8 and #9 apparently had engine and steering problems, which left #9 in the pits for 2 minutes and a half. #7 just had more general problems as well

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/119493

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users