Photo

How Skillquant works (facts and speculation)

Skillquant How fact facts speculation theories theory working

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Mesder13

Mesder13

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 31 May 2015 - 07:59 PM

When I started SRW, the first event I entered was a F3 Hot Lap (I think it was the qualifier for one of the championship races) and got somewhere in the top 20. After that, my SQ shot up to 1095 or something ridiculously high, and leveled out in the mid 700s after i'd done some races and other events. I guess because the only thing it knew of me doing was something pretty successful, it didn't have any negative results to balance it out with.

#22 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 685 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:12 AM

mOLN4r

I just ran the same event as simkitty and after 4 laps posted a 67th with no assists.  I did not crash once.  Then I ran two QuickRaces and finished first twice.  And my SQ did not change.  If the SQ thingie averages all my history for the last three years that might explain why a few good results don't affect my SQ and hers changed with just one result.  what do you think ?

#23 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:33 AM

mOLN4r

I just ran the same event as simkitty and after 4 laps posted a 67th with no assists.  I did not crash once.  Then I ran two QuickRaces and finished first twice.  And my SQ did not change.  If the SQ thingie averages all my history for the last three years that might explain why a few good results don't affect my SQ and hers changed with just one result.  what do you think ?

Well, since she just started, there's not enough data to calculate her true SQ, so the first event she did and that time got her SQ up a lot, the game thinking she's always this good. Even so, that would mean eventually the SQ would drop since people need to improve in order to raise their SQ. Imagine winning your first hotlap event, the SQ would shoot up high because of just one event. SQ 500-800 change a lot since they can improve on their laptimes and all, but people in 900-1100 won't get their SQ up that much as they're pretty much hitting their limit.

Mesder above had the same thing basically: one decent or successful event raises your SQ high since there's nothing else to balance it with, nor anything to...compare stuff to. Think of it this way: Win your first race and your average win ratio will be 100%. That's similar to close to 1100 SQ. But as you will lose races and then maybe win again, the % amount will settle down somewhere.

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#24 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 03 June 2015 - 12:07 PM

Yes I agree with the average theory. Mine seems now stuck at 830. Will try to race other PL cars, when I get the chance to do so.

At the moment I think I raced only +/- 15 cars inc. kart.

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#25 Ahui

Ahui

Seasoned

• 72 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:46 PM

http://community.sim...calculationhow/

Guys and girls read that topic.

And like Coss said there  "-the moment when we will reveal philosophy and especially the algorhytm behind Skillquant - it will go down.".

My personal experience and what i have heard. EVERYTHING EFFECT SKILLQUANT. Wins/ lap times/ coinsistent laps... etc.. 

I'd like to think only cleared laps effect.

On new players it's moving pretty fast and sooner or later stabilize on player current level. If you start with ovals and keep up good lap times SQ will rise easily pretty high. And after some circuits it will usually go lower.

So basically it's your lap time vs every other recorded lap on that event / QR.

Example 1

Your SQ ~900 and you drive top 3 lap time on event and there is only 30 times posted.

After 2 weeks higher SQ drivers can't win your time and you stay top 3 so your SQ is rising.

Example 2

Your SQ ~900 and you drive top 3 lap time on event and there is only 30 times posted.

After 2 weeks your time is somewhere top 70 - 90 your SQ might stay or go lower.

Depends other drivers SQ that were faster or slower compared to your lap time.

Example 3

Track day event.

Top 200 players have fastest car on event and you have AE86.

Have fun drifting around as fast as you can and still SQ 500 players have 2min faster lap time.

SQ will drop lower.

So basically it's just putting your lap time against others on that event. Be fast and it will rise and vice versa.

It was made to find similar level players to compete against others. Without it there could be SQ 1050 vs 670. Fair?

After 30k miles that SQ won't move that fast anymore.  :P

MY CONCLUSION = Just have fun driving and don't bother with SQ. Have fun competing against other simracers and reach for the podium.  B)

#26 RandomnessInside

RandomnessInside

Pro

• 365 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 06 June 2015 - 10:28 AM

That's what I said as well, basically. Just keep pushing and try different cars and tracks :)

Active since October 2014
Wheel: Logitech G27
Check out my YouTube.

#27 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 144 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:22 PM

:D you are trying to find the secrets of the gods :P

SQ just don't refresh as fast as you think.

You guys forget about the events that have finished but the results are not final.

So your SQ may fluctuate without you doing anything because the release of those results and you even don't remember of them :P.

One thing I can tell you, it is all about consistency, not doing a fast lap once. You can win an hot lap event but how many times you have done that time or close? And how close?

And of course it has to do with your skill with all cars, it is on the SQ name, skill.

And, to m0LN4r, at the beginning the SQ goes sky rocket, no matter how bad you are, but it will drop down has soon the mileage starts to grow.

The SQ measure consistency, mileage and skill, and some other things that are on the secret of the gods and that will stay there.

Let it go, just have fun :P.

#28 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

I'm pleased I found this feed,as I was wondering what the make-up of the SQ meant, knowing makes racing all the more interesting what I can't quite understand yet having only being a member for several weeks is when you purchase cars and then enter a Quick Race you have to use the cars available and you don't have the option of selecting one of your own cars i can only think the reason is that all the Racers use the same car. :mellow:

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

#29 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 05 July 2015 - 12:31 PM

what I can't quite understand yet having only being a member for several weeks is when you purchase cars and then enter a Quick Race you have to use the cars available and you don't have the option of selecting one of your own cars i can only think the reason is that all the Racers use the same car. :mellow:

You can enter Track Days on the Events page with your car.

EDIT: Provided it is on the Track Day list of cars

Join the Renault Megane Trophy Tour! 

#30 Fettuccine

Fettuccine

Crew Chief

• Community Champion
  • 685 posts
  • Locationplanet ohio

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:17 PM

Yes, each QuickRace and Event have a limited number of cars available to use, some have only one.  To have a more competitive race there are usually only one or two cars available.  There are most always places to race the free first cars or some free testdrive cars on Tuesdays and weekends.  It is kinda frustrating to buy a new favorite car and not have a place to race it but often there are only a few drivers on at a given time there are a limited number of QuickRaces that helps with bunching us up to reduce delays between races.  You can try testdrive for fun and help grow skills driving but there are no credits earned.  Credits are valuable allowing you to buy more cars.  More cars allows you to more often find races with a car you own.  The SRW guys usually shuffle races often to allow all cars a race now and then.  Cheers and see ya on the track.  Have fun !

#31 Mesder13

Mesder13

Seasoned

• 66 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:30 PM

The cars you buy are more often used in Hot Laps and Challenges, but at the moment we're in a kind of down time for SRW where there aren't many available. There are usually 4 or 5 hot laps open at a time. You also use them in the Sunday races but we haven't had any of those for a few months now as the SRW team work on some internal stuff.

#32 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:30 PM

Thanks to all who gave feedback i now know where to go now to use my Cars.

Cheers

Elsydon

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

#33 fullysickone

fullysickone

Contributor

• 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 03:13 AM

SRW PLEASE POST HOW SKILLQUANT WORKS!

#34 Elsydon

Elsydon

Semi-Pro

• 132 posts
  • LocationCastleside UK

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:56 PM

Hi Fully

Please refer to the post above by Ahui on the 3rd June, I had the same request when I joined it helped me a great deal if you use those basic guidelines given you will soon pick it up. I don't believe there is an official guide by SRW.

Cheers

Bob R ( RAF_Elsydon)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Skillquant, How, fact, facts, speculation, theories, theory, working

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users