1 reply to this topic

#1 robnitro

robnitro

Semi-Pro

• 219 posts
  • LocationNYC area

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:43 AM

http://www.racedepar...t-extreme.5742/

I've been playing this mod on Game Stock Car Extreme, and wow.  I loved watching C.A.R.T. back when they had the 2.65 L v8 methanol turbo cars (approx 800-900 hp).  It was like F1 but with less downforce and more give.  Long Beach was a good example, where you can see they were sometimes power sliding in real life. 

Try that with F1 or modern IndyCars and see them spin.  I recall the commentators explaining why, the champ cars (CART) used much less downforce, so they were more dependent on the suspension. 

I love the old school mechanical grip!

Oh and by playing GSC extreme... same issue with cockpit not having virtual mirrors!   LOL @ the gmotor2 engine.  Sheesh!

drool:

#2 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 April 2015 - 11:41 AM

Damn this looks awesome, I'll give it a try.  CART in the 90s was the golden age of Indycar racing, until Tony George eventually destroyed it.  However it was strong for several years after the split.  It was terrible mismanagement that finally drove Honda away and killed CART.

This '98 season mod is great because I started shooting Indycar at the end of 1997 during winter testing.  So these cars and liveries bring back memories.  Here's a shot of the Gurney Eagle from 1999, a 5th chassis which is not in the '98 mod:

gordon02.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users