SDEv Sportscar Driving Evolution Renault World League teams only

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#41 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

hi guys Ive been looking back on the replay an it looks like the crash at the start was my fault alex turned in on me but I don't think he knew I was there but ulitamatley my fault as I was the car behind , and I never knew there was 2 races that's why I didn't turn up to race 2 so sorry about that my only excuse is I was really tired as I was up all night to watch the grand prix.

#42 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 03:30 PM

[...]

Some decisions were made on the fly and it was not nice. Majomhus and I and Agus bought the car and we didn't even had a chance to race properly.

I hope we can use this car one more time...

[...]

For SDEv:

You are doing a great job, I know it's hard. But as Kingdaeho said: there were 8 SDEvs racing, Tiptoe was Idling or racing with majom. So why was there no marshall ? You are the strongest team and the Host of this event, so its expected for at least one of you to be the marshall.

[...]

Ok, we started a Renault WORLD TOUR.

You guys can race the Mégane Trophy and the Formula Renault 3.5 ALL YEAR, if you stick with the SDEv League!

The second Act of the World Tour will be played at Zandvoort. Third Act will be at Laguna Seca. Fourth maybe Brno. Fifth CotA. Sixth Assen TT. (The tracks and their order of appearance are subject to changes.)

Each act will last 6 weeks, with a race every two weeks and a support race without points every other week.

Each act will have the same programme:

1. Mégane Trophy
  2. Formula 3.5
  3. mixed class long distance comparison (GT, Prototype, Mégane Trophy... in short: sportscars)

It would be outrageous, if after some races we wouldn't need live marshalls, but see you guys racing each other cleanly without the need of interference... I won't stop dreaming.

As long as we can't seem to have careful opening laps, I will do my best to give you the complete safety car show, if necessary.

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#43 tc9700

tc9700

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationUAE,Dubai

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

[quote name="TGR_M.Walker" post="20515" timestamp="1428932618"]

I never knew there was 2 races that's why I didn't turn up to race 2......

There was a second race??

#44 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

Yes, there was a secondary race. But not afterwards, rather parallel at the same time as the main race.

There were people on web chat, who wanted to join last minute, so I asked Coss to bring a second server up for us, in order to let more than 18 people race.

That was the moment, when qualified P16, P17 and P18 left the server, headed for the secondary one.

But unfortunately more than one guy had connection issues and were finally not able to join us, why majomhus and I stayed alone on that short notice B race.

Relax, people. And check the schedule!

And, by the way, here are the current standings after raceday 1.

Owner of SDEv

#45 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:16 PM

g4318.png

This friday, 17th of April, we'd like to have one of the two servers at the Mid Ohio Event for ourselves for about two hours.

We'll have our regular track meeting with all available team members of SDEv and want to do some funny stuff with the available cars, that would disturb your guys attempt for a good ten laps time.

If you enter the event between 6pm and 8 pm GMT on that friday and see one server occupied with ten or more people, that's us. Please enter the other server, then.

You are welcome to use the servers the same way for your team!

Have track meetings!

Have teamed assaults on the leaderboard!

Have your private training sessions!

Only post the date and time here, a couple of days in advance, so that other teams know your plans and respect your private meeting.

Also, other teams need to know, so they wouldn't block the second server for their own meeting at the same time.

aftermath:

It was a great team meeting.

The half hour practice session did we use to play some fun overtaking game with the vintage Renault Alpine, which we call "cats and mice".

Then we changed to the Formula Renault 3.5 car to qualify for the race session and warm-up for our leaderboard attempt. Those thirty minutes of qualifying and warm up were enough to exchange some experience, regarding the fuel usage, driving assists and first lap lines.

Finally we started for the ten laps challenge and now have all our racing team members qualified for next weeks A race, if you guys wouldn't do something against it, until sunday! ;-)

Check that leaderboard. It reads all SDEv at the moment. Go do something about it, folks!

Congratulations to m0LN4r from ATS, who already made it inside the top ten!

Owner of SDEv

#46 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:31 AM

!ATTENTION!

!different settings on each server!

In order to let you guys practice accordingly to your needs, one server already features the race setting in terms of racelength, whilst the other is still on a lower laps setting.

Server ...-049: race session: 45 laps (60 minutes time limit)

Server ...-106: race session: 20 laps (30 minutes time limit)

Practice, qualifying and warm up session stay unchanged.

When entering the event next time, choose the server ending with the numbers 049 for a full race experience.

To only have a 90 minutes track date, choose the server ending with 106!

Owner of SDEv

#47 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 April 2015 - 07:20 PM

Race 2 was an all SDEv party !!! ...it was a long race and hard work as you cant loose a moments concentration with the F3.4 !!.... on lap one I got a good start and I got a good slipstream behind Shadowbounty , and at the end of the back straight braking into turn 4 I was able to pass him on the outside,  after that I managed to pull out just a small gap to shadow witch was unbelievable for me, but he closed the gap soon and I ran wide trying to push too hard, for a few laps I was able to stay behind him and than it was his turn to run wide and I him passed again.....after a few laps in the lead I made a bigger mistake and spun into the wall , my car sustained light damage and I thought that was it ..but unbelievably shadow made a similar mistake too and seemed to damage his car worse and he had to pit, giving me a comfortable gap , ..after that I concentrated very hard and was able to remain very consistent and win the race !! I am very happy !! :) .... for the next race I hope other team show up too !!... thanks for the race Tip and all SDEv mates who turned up !! :) see you soon

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#48 Jon_Barricada93

Jon_Barricada93

Contributor

• 1 posts
  • Facebook:Jon Laguna Asensio

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:11 PM

Hi all! Im Jon and a member of this league was invite me today. I would like to participate in the league if i can. The member who invites me is Jll02, thanks in advanced for read me and regards for all! :D

#49 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 21 May 2015 - 07:46 PM

Check your PMs ;-)

Join the Renault Megane Trophy Tour! 

#50 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 06:20 PM

Is there something wrong with the schedule, people?

Only 8 men showed up for tonight's race. We'd have welcomed you guys, but you weren't online... Let me know, if there's something unsaid in the schedule (first post: open the spoilers)

The Mégane Trophy Challenge, first run of the Renault World Tour's second Act, was set to be a breathtaking race. We had a clean start with no reason for a restart, which is normally a good sign.

But then, the rough tarmac of Zandvoort started taking its tribute. One after another found a way to spin into the barriers. Out of what one could call an evenly matched field.

Thus, in the end there were two sole survivors battling over a pit stop's distance for the final word in this cool race.

Finally, PRD's ProDriver brought the win home with a healthy margin to SDEv's Alex_Djuzhen, who came in second.

All others crashed out, due the challenging track conditions.

Next time better, mates!

It was a great race, nevertheless. i'm looking forward to our next encounter!

Owner of SDEv

#51 Bolinhas

Bolinhas

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 146 posts
  • LocationVila Nova de Gaia, Porto, Portugal, Europe :)

Posted 01 July 2015 - 05:46 PM

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

So far is what I can understand from the enjin site

#52 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 10:34 PM

Er, yeah, that's correct... On our website is the results table for both acts of the Renault World Tour.

However, we had to cut the Renault World Tour for a couple of reasons. Mainly technical issues with the events.

That's why we came up with the Renault Mégane Trophy Tour, which is a new series with a new pointing system. Thus the old points are nice to see, but of no interest for the Mégane Trophy Tour. (Just in case, that anybody was wondering...)

Owner of SDEv

#53 ProDriverPL

ProDriverPL

Novice

• 14 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 02 July 2015 - 05:26 PM

I don't know why people are not interested in your league. We had fun and good racing. Maybe they expect only the prize money or something else?

#54 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

I think, the problems were a bit on our side, because the schedule wasn't planned ahead, the settings new and experimental and some rules were not clear for all participants...

We've learned from it and the sign-up list for the Mègane Trophy Tour allows optimism for future races. :)

But, yeah, price money isn't there to offer. We're not that wealthy...

Owner of SDEv

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SDEv, Sportscar Driving Evolution, Renault World, League, teams only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users