#21 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:15 PM

Have you ever seen this website?

League_Website.jpg

You should, in order to not let this thread grow over 1000 posts after our first couple of trainings and races!

http://sde-team.enjin.com/league

Owner of SDEv
Sportscar Driving Evolution

We help young teams to get started!

#22 amps

amps

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 07:15 AM

lmao msg recieved loud an clear :P

#23 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 10:43 PM

Good race needs good practice!

Therefore we'll have two large practice sessions at the weekend prior to race day 1:

1st practice - friday, 10. April

2nd practice - saturday, 11. April

Practice starts at 6pm GMT on both days.

Both practices will feature a two and a half hour evening session at Mid Ohio, followed by a full qualifying and warm-up and a short race session of 15 laps, which is meant to feature the Mégane Trophy.

How you split your track time among your team and whether you take out the Mégane Trophy or the A110 Alpine is to be sorted out amongst the teams themselves, as there will only four drivers of each team be allowed to start for the Mégane Trophy challenge on sunday.

Read rest of the post...

Owner of SDEv

#24 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 02:48 AM

im pretty sure that tgr will only have two drivers competing tiptoe

#25 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 08:08 AM

It's totally fine, but you are two very quick drivers, so the competition won't get boring. ;-)

If we wouldn't get more than fourteen drivers on the grid, SDEv might bring four more drivers in as a Team B. We'll think of something to make the Team A and Team B distinct in some way. Maybe same car livery and about equal overall laptimes.

A hint for events with enabled tire wear and longer duration in general:

ABS and SC help maintaining the tires.

That can safe you from a fly-off on used tires.

Note, that the car will be more understeery

and that you mustn't slide it around,

when ABS and SC are on.

Owner of SDEv

#26 tc9700

tc9700

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationUAE,Dubai

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:40 AM

im pretty sure that tgr will only have two drivers competing tiptoe

I will also be joining walker:)
Is it necessary to participate in both practice sessions?

#27 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:14 PM

no tc9700 it is not those are for practice, so it is good to participate in them to train better for the race. 

Only one thing be sure to let D.Moore know to verify if you have invitation to the event

Cheers

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#28 tc9700

tc9700

Novice

• 18 posts
  • LocationUAE,Dubai

Posted 09 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

no tc9700 it is not those are for practice, so it is good to participate in them to train better for the race.

Only one thing be sure to let D.Moore know to verify if you have invitation to the event

Cheers

Sure,i'll let moore know.
Thanks sierra;😄

#29 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 08:34 AM

Race starts tonight at the same hour as the previous practicing events!

Everybody who has shown interest in participating should have access by now.

Owner of SDEv

#30 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:46 PM

good race guys !! ... got p2 in quali , the best I could hope for as shadow was racing .... and had a comfortable first stint in p2 . but in the pits stop I entered too fast and got a drive through penalty ... but still managed to hang onto p2 with a comfortable gap .... congrats to Shadowbounty for the victory!!! .....thanks for the race ...see you soon !

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#31 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:52 PM

Why tonight's race was a disaster for some others:

• Only one two of four ATS members were able to actually race.
  • people for the second race didn't show up after leaving main race...
  • no appropriate restart
  • confusion about how to pit and refuel

What we are going to do about it:

• live marshalling for next race Who wants to support us by live marshalling the next race?
  • qualification round and mandatory practice session with all starters
  • support race with clear timed schedule
  • safety car (?) Who wants to support us by driving the safety car for the next race?
  • dedicated forum thread for each track of the Renault World Tour with all information on first post

Owner of SDEv

#32 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:59 PM

• Only one of four ATS members came to actually race, each of them for another reason.
  • no appropriate restart

What we are going to do about it:

• live marshalling for next race Who wants to support us by live marshalling the next race?
  • qualification round and mandatory practice session with all starters
  • support race with clear timed schedule
  • safety car (?) Who wants to support us by driving the safety car for the next race?
  • dedicated forum thread for each track of the Renault World Tour with all information on first post

Witch one  of ATS came to actualy race ?

Me and kingdaeho finshed well in race . Agus had problems before start and could not get to start line in time , and asked for a restart so he could join the race  . As for the mOLN4r and majomhus goes , they are fairly new to SRW and still haw some problems an questiones . They knew that race requres pit stop and should prepare better that is true but not a crime . 

Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#33 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 10:38 PM

@ ingange:

Sorry, that was a mistake of mine.

Of course, kingdaeho raced with you and finished well. I only remembered ingange on track, when I wrote that note.

Let me set one thing straight:

You have to read the quoted post as a self criticism. Nobody said, the wrong was on your side!

We have notified and discussed all your feedback after tonight's first race with the Mégane Trophy and here is, what conclusions we have drawn from it so far:

Please note, that further events will have a new thread for every track, we visit on the Renault World Tour.

Detailed information and schedules for all coming events at Mid Ohio are now available here.

Please help us, clear all open questions before the next scheduled event!

Meanwhile, good luck and have fun while qualifying for the F 3.5 challenge! (For detailed information, please visit the Mid Ohio thread.)

Keep the feedback coming, people! Either here or in the feedback area of the earlier mentioned website: http://sde-team.enjin.com/league

Owner of SDEv

#34 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 13 April 2015 - 01:19 AM

• Only one of four ATS members came to actually race, each of them for another reason.
  • no appropriate restart

So what exactly do you think the other ATS members were there to do? m0LN4r definitely was there to race and was helping me work on setups both friday and saturday. Agus too was at the practice on Saturday and was doing quite well running in the low 24's.

Besides that, ingange and I both finished well, and majomhus ran the support race.

I'd like to emphasize: there were 8 SDEvs and not a live marshal... I don't understand that decision given the four man team limit, but oh well, it happened. The marshal would definitely have helped though, maybe not allowed the shoving that was going on in the first few corners while my teammates were shouting about the need for a restart...

#35 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

Hi, 

That was the first try and thing were done given the feedback that we had on practice 1 and 2 on Friday and Saturday based on the people who attended. 

The race 1 was entirely my fault no one else because i wanted to race given that i did a lot of practice with megane, and yes my fault again i should of restarted the race but i did not (my apollogies to Agus and Molnar :( )

Well that will not happen again in the SDEv League , because as long as i will be a live race marhall I WILL NOT participate in the actual race anymore only marshaling, there fore i will have a better overview of the race, drivers beeing ready for start, and first turns incidents.

Sierra28 member of SDEv

#36 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:31 AM

Please, read carefully through the schedule of the ongoing league events at Mid Ohio and proceed with the qualification runs with the Formula 3.5 car.

We're looking forward to more of your feedback, after you have thorroughly read through the event rules, pointing system explaination and the settings for your next track appointment!

Owner of SDEv

#37 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:43 AM

• Only one two of four ATS members came were able to actually race.
  • [...]

Witch one  of ATS came to actualy race ?[...]

So what exactly do you think the other ATS members were there to do?[...]

Now I see, why you are upset. My apologies, guys!

MISUNDERSTANDING! BIG TIME!

My bad english played a trick on us here. They "came to actually race" meant, they had the chance to race, whilst their team mates were forced out of the race by unfortunate events.

I changed the post, to make that statement clearer.

My apologies!

Owner of SDEv

#38 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:21 AM

First things comes first. As this was the first serious Race wihout Boss Coss I think we should all agree that we did all as expected.

Some decisions were made on the fly and it was not nice. Majomhus and I and Agus bought the car and we didn't even had a chance to race properly.

I hope we can use this car one more time...

To everybody explanation:

We need to accept, that our English is not perfect and sometimes it comes to misunderstandings. That's we some guys should talk and communicate more. I asked why my pit is not working and got answers like: "idk" "you are doing worng" etc. That's not helpfull at all.

Then LolinFox and Boli told me I need to map the Confirm Button which is HUD, normally it should be the Enter key or X or wheel but it was not mapped in my case. As other games use the term HUD for a very different reason, there is no way I could find which button it is. That's why I asked !

To everybody codex:

We will have a marshall that's good. BUT we, the drivers need to help the marshall. What we can do???

Let's define that a Major accident is 3+ cars in first few Turns (up to T4). A marshall has limited view on all racers, so let's help them.

- If a driver noticed a Major accident he should Alert the marshall with "major" .

- As of that moment all cars stop pushing and passing. Get in line like if there was a safety car and wait for the Marshalls decision.

If marshall says nothing it wiil be a restart. If he says "NO restart required" then we start pushing when crossing the finnish line.

We have 30 laps to race, so I think we can risk 1-2 laps for this, so everybody can start racing normally.

*what happened last time: there was a Major Accident and the first 10 cars did a +30s gap, while the others were struggling and spining in the back. I was last and saw the accident. For some of the guys the race ended in that turn. I could not even pass them, so i waited for the road to clear... But then I saw that there was a +30 - 60s gap already... So I quit as there was absolutely no response from the organisators.

For SDEv:

You are doing a great job, I know it's hard. But as Kingdaeho said: there were 8 SDEvs racing, Tiptoe was Idling or racing with majom. So why was there no marshall ? You are the strongest team and the Host of this event, so its expected for at least one of you to be the marshall.

The capping of drivers is not needed. You can trow a coin to decide between 9 Members who is going to be marshall for one race.

How did the accident look from behind:
t3meganelap1.jpg

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

#39 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:27 AM

As for other teams. Let's help the SDEv and give them tips. How should we drive and react.

We will read them all and put them (the good ones) into a RACE/DRIVER codex.

A stupid example, but maybe it's good :)

For example if two guys have a accident.

Two times honking "horn horn" means = I take blame, my fault, go first I wait. The other guy just drivers normally and accepts.

If nobody takes blame, both of them go into "drive through" if both think it's their fault, also both go into drive through.

We are not 10 year old so I think it should work. It's like the Cadwell park race and Tiptoe. When he waited and I didn't know he was waiting. If he would honk I would hear and we could star driving faster again.

Any more stupid ideas?

#40 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:31 AM

Lets take this Renault World Tour as an example and learn from the mistakes. I'm sure there will be more of them.

If we work together, we will have a system for Teams to Host these kinda events in the future.

So don't take it to seriously for now, until we finish clarifing at least one more race. Practice is one thing, there is unlimited time, fun, and everybody is relaxed. We need real races to experiment this system too.

Ok?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SDEv, Sportscar Driving Evolution, Renault World, League, teams only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users