#1 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 02:59 AM

the SDEv league - Renault World Tour -

Renault_F3_5_header.jpg

For more information: Please visit http://sde-team.enjin.com/league and check out the calendar!

>first act: Mid-Ohio<

Megane_Trohpy_Mid_Ohio.jpg

sunday's pre-season race: Warm-Up the Mégane Trophy

Date: Sunday, 05.04.2015

Time: 6 pm GMT

Car/Class: Renault Mégne Trophy

This is a league event of the SDEv league: Reanult World Tour and is available for invited users only. We want to race with members of our friendly fellow Simraceway racing teams Accelerated Racing (ART), Addicted to Speed (ATS), Top Gear Racing (TGR) and Not Only Speed (NOS).

This pre-season run is meant to be a test race to know the settings and race conditions, before the counting league races begin one week after this one.

We're looking forward to your feedback! See you on track on sunday!

Already invited are the following drivers:

Sportscar Driving Evolution

SDEv_YardStick
SDEv_lachiasse
SDEv_niraceway
SDEv_elitespeedway
SDEv_iceman7
SDEv_styleracer
SDEv_doodle127
SDEv_mastrorocco
SDEv_andybob
tomcat458
SDEv_sierra28
Shadowbounty
SDEv_johndaniels
SDEv_Alex_Djuzhen
SDEv_Tiptoe

Guests

TGR_D.Moore
TGR_M.Walker
TGR_B.Davies
TGR_D.J.Moore
TGR_D.F.Moore
TGR_G.Bibens
TGR_D.Ollauri

ATS_ingange
ATS_m0ln4r
ATS_majomhus
ATS_FedellBurrata
ATS_Agus1601
ATS_kingdaeho
ATS_Enzo

NOS_Wildseven

NOS_Sick80

NOS_Giangy

NOS_Teschio

ART_Jll02
Sully103
JiiP94
SuperSaiyan2

Invitation in progress for:

SirSmarti3

Results_round1.jpg

Owner of SDEv

We help young teams to get started!

#2 teschio97

teschio97

Novice

• 26 posts
  • Locationmy bedroom

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:01 PM

Hello guys, I'm NOS_teschio97. First of all, thank you for the invitation, I'll let you know if i can race as soon as possible. But I have a question: will it be open setup?

Also, every time I try to join the event the game crashes. Is this happening only to me?

Thanks again for the invitation! :)

teschio

#3 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:19 PM

Hello guys, I'm NOS_teschio97. First of all, thank you for the invitation, I'll let you know if i can race as soon as possible. But I have a question: will it be open setup?

Also, every time I try to join the event the game crashes. Is this happening only to me?

Thanks again for the invitation! :)

teschio

yes its open setup.... maybe try reducing graphic details settings if you have issues ....

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#4 teschio97

teschio97

Novice

• 26 posts
  • Locationmy bedroom

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

yes its open setup.... maybe try reducing graphic details settings if you have issues ....

But I can join every other event, except that one :( and i have everything on Low...

But I have another question now. I see 54 laps / 2 hours. It means that if we get those 54 laps in less than 2 hours is ok, if not, then the race ends after 2 hours?  (I know it's probably obvious, but I'm not sure i got it right ^^ )

#5 niraceway

niraceway

Semi-Pro

• 114 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:36 PM

But I can join every other event, except that one :( and i have everything on Low...

But I have another question now. I see 54 laps / 2 hours. It means that if we get those 54 laps in less than 2 hours is ok, if not, then the race ends after 2 hours?  (I know it's probably obvious, but I'm not sure i got it right ^^ )

yes you are right....and you would be able to join the servers tomorrow I am sure.. about 3hours before quali for free practice ..!!

Niranjan Kumar           SQ ~ 1000

India                  Team SDEv

#6 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 04 April 2015 - 09:44 PM

I hope to get my comp together tomorow ,so i can race . I haw instaled wins like 10 times in 3 days . My SSD is giving up on me ;-(
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#7 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:01 AM

Mid_Ohio_Renault_Page_1.jpgHere are the settings of the events:

• open setup

• available aids: ABS high/TC medium/SC low

• fuel usage: normal

• tire wear: enabled

• mechanical failure: enabled (but low probability)

• daytime acceleration: 2x

• start time of day: 3 pm

• race length: 30 laps/1 hour !

• Honda NSX GT500 and Renault Mégane RS ruled out from event server

This sunday's Mégane Trophy race is going to be a pre-season testrun for you, to learn about the race conditions and the idea of the league. We want to provide quality racing events for teams, so please keep an open mind towards some unusual practices, which you most likely haven't come across in Simraceway, yet!

Owner of SDEv

#8 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:23 PM

at teschio:

The joining issue should have been resolved by now.

Your game crashed because of a memory error, caused by either to high graphics settings or too many cars available for the event.

We have shrinked down the number of cars to only four of them. So the game can load all of them properly, when you enter the server.

To avoid more problems, go in with lowered  graphics settings.

Looking forward to see you there tonight!

Every invited participant of tonight's pre-season race, please join web chat before qualifying starts for special information on the event!

Owner of SDEv

#9 teschio97

teschio97

Novice

• 26 posts
  • Locationmy bedroom

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

at teschio:

The joining issue should have been resolved by now.

Your game crashed because of a memory error, caused by either to high graphics settings or too many cars available for the event.

We have shrinked down the number of cars to only four of them. So the game can load all of them properly, when you enter the server.

To avoid more problems, go in with lowered  graphics settings.

Looking forward to see you there tonight!

Still, I can't join it. I noticed that now I can't even join the Pudsey event (yesterday I could) but I can join the Edmonton event, which has the same amount of cars of Pudsey. And as I said before, I have everything on Low or Off so I don't know what's happening... However, thanks for your try to make it work also for me. :)

EDIT: I tried again but always the same. So, good luck for the race and have fun!

#10 Jll02

Jll02

Semi-Pro

• 136 posts
  • LocationBahrain

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

ART wont make it tonight, including me. However, one of us might come (SirSmarti3).

This looks really cool, looking forward to it!

Join the Renault Megane Trophy Tour! 

#11 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 07:18 PM

The event is being improved with every test run.

Thanks for tonight's participants in the pre-season race!

We'll enable invulnerability for the next race, just to make life easier with the Mégane Trophy.

All feedback, please, be directed towards myself. We're still working on the ideal settings for this!

Apologies, Jll02!

I haven't had SirSmarti3 on my list... Sorry about that! He might be invited during next week.

Owner of SDEv

#12 TGR_M.Walker

TGR_M.Walker

Novice

• 41 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:41 PM

great little practice had a good battle with madmax until I wrecked his car sorry about that I was expecting you to take that corner as quick as I was an I totally took you out and totally my fault I should have been paying more attention sorry but luckily only practice we will have do a few more before the race or something lol as I seen a lot of people offroading too including me im not that familiar with the track but was learning quick so by the race hopefully everyone will be up to speed.

#13 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Yes, thanks for the feedback, Walker!

The track is difficult and the car quite unforgiving. We will all need more practice.

In order to make events organisation easier we have installed a league news page on our website.

Please visit http://sde-team.enjin.com/league and check out the calendar!

Also leave a comment, whether this page gives a good overview of the action.

We're still planning and improving the future races, so feel free to come forward with your feedback after each event!

This can really become big, if you guys want.

Owner of SDEv

#14 ingange

ingange

Crew Chief

• 504 posts
  • LocationMaribor

Posted 06 April 2015 - 03:54 PM

We'll enable invulnerability for the next race, just to make life easier with the Mégane Trophy

Am against invulnerability on . If we do that we will haw too many aggresiv and ower-optimistic moves . I like the fear of not damage others ! Or if there is a way to restrict damage to orange . So all cars can finish but with slower lap times becose of damage .
Racing is what real men do while the boys play football .

http://addictedtospeed.enjin.com/ <--- Home Of Addicted To Speed

#15 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 09:00 AM

Wow, you guys are optimistic!

That's the spirit, I'd like to see for this kind of races!

I'll talk to Coss about that. Limiting the damage level might not be possible, though.

Invulnerability shall stay available for two or three more days, to make setup work easier for you, though.

You'll really need a good setup for this track.

I strongly recommend you to read the Star Mazda setup guide by some iRacing guys. That gives the really important basics in words everybody will understand. It's my primary source of knowledge about simracing setups and my team is satisfied by the outcome for the Mégane Trophy so far. ;-)

Owner of SDEv

#16 XxENZO7993xX

XxENZO7993xX

Contributor

• 5 posts
  • LocationManchester

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:04 AM

Hello everyone. I'm very sorry but unfortunately I won't be able to make the first race on Sunday as I am away. :(

#17 kingdaeho

kingdaeho

Semi-Pro

• 116 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'm not certain about this, but I believe Coss said there will be a new monthly championship during the month of May. Would the last race (scheduled for 5/10/15) then be taking place on a Saturday? Personally, I think a good amount of us would be competing in the Sunday championship races if they were to overlap like this...

#18 amps

amps

Contributor

• 2 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

so this is just foir people in a team? i cant see nothin on my events screen like this.any special races planned  for non team drivers apart from whats on allready ?also will i be able to enter the events that kingdaeho speaks of above or are they gonna be team only?

#19 Tiptoe

Tiptoe

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 259 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

[...]

This is a league event of the SDEv league: Reanult World Tour and is available for invited users only. We want to race with members of our friendly fellow Simraceway racing teams Accelerated Racing (ART), Addicted to Speed (ATS), Top Gear Racing (TGR) and Not Only Speed (NOS).

This pre-season run is meant to be a test race to know the settings and race conditions, before the counting league races begin one week after this one.

We're looking forward to your feedback! See you on track on sunday!

[...]

That's all there is to say about it.

Official Practice and Support Race planned

Trainings for all sunday racers with the Mégane Trophy

Friday, 10th of April

Saturday, 11th of April

Support race

Sunday, 12th of April (One hour prior to the main race)

Main race

Sunday, 12th fo April

Regarding the race grid, we will never be able to let all invited users race in one single event!

But we want to make the most of it, ofcourse.

That's why, for all those, who don't feel confident with the race cars under the harsh circumstances and over the long duration of the league races, we'll make a support race with our Safety Car Renault Alpine A110 prior to every race!

To get the grid filled, we'd need four drivers of each team per raceday and event.

Please declare the starting members of your teams!

All others should find a slot on the grid for the support race.

The main races shall not overlay with the Simraceway championships in the future!

We'll find a date to move them to, when championships start again.

Owner of SDEv

#20 sierra28

sierra28

Semi-Pro

• Community Champion
  • 224 posts
  • LocationArad, Romania

Posted 07 April 2015 - 08:50 PM

I'm not certain about this, but I believe Coss said there will be a new monthly championship during the month of May. Would the last race (scheduled for 5/10/15) then be taking place on a Saturday? Personally, I think a good amount of us would be competing in the Sunday championship races if they were to overlap like this...

Yes King only April is a month with no SRW Sunday races , for the reasons Coss already explained. Of course we will keep our league and SRW's new May champ on differents date no overlay :D

Sierra28 member of SDEv

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SDEv, Sportscar Driving Evolution, Renault World, League, teams only

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users