• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Hey there.

Is there going to be a fix for the annoying graphics card error anytime soon?. I have a GTX 970 and i keep getting an error saying not enough memory which simraceway is the only time this happens. Everything else runs on high graphics just fine.

Twice now i have bought a car to participate in an online championship race. Only for this to happen again when im trying to qualify. And i didnt build a gaming PC to have to turn the graphics down which i have done in the past for it to still do it. I have got to the point now where i dont want to put anymore money into simraceway, If i cant even use it properly.

Any feedback on this would be appreciated.

Fox

#2 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 March 2015 - 11:57 PM

This issue used to happen on my Windows XP computer. Not sure if there is a fix yet.

Just make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your computer.

#3 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:12 AM

This issue used to happen on my Windows XP computer. Not sure if there is a fix yet.

Just make sure that you have the latest drivers installed on your computer.

They are up to date as i get update messages everytime the new driver comes out.

So that is not the issue.

#4 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:24 AM

Not really a solution, but when the message comes up, don't close it. Simraceway should still be open if you just click the window again. If you leave the error message open, it shouldn't popup again.

Again, not a solution, but it is a useful tip if it opens multiple times per session.

#5 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 02:28 AM

If you are running Windows 7, you can also try the steps in this post.

#6 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:33 AM

Not really a solution, but when the message comes up, don't close it. Simraceway should still be open if you just click the window again. If you leave the error message open, it shouldn't popup again.

Again, not a solution, but it is a useful tip if it opens multiple times per session.

The problem i got is that i have no visuals at all but audio still runs in the background. There is no window in the taskbar to click on so i have to go to the task manager and shut it down from there.

#7 ComputerWhiz

ComputerWhiz

Seasoned

• 93 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:39 AM

Well then I guess this work around will not work.

Your GPU is more than good enough to run Simraceway, so it must just be an incompatability with the program.

File a bug report on the forums and the developers will get it patched.

How much RAM does your computer have?

#8 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 04:49 AM

Well then I guess this work around will not work.

Your GPU is more than good enough to run Simraceway, so it must just be an incompatability with the program.

File a bug report on the forums and the developers will get it patched.

How much RAM does your computer have?

15gb

This prob is already known  as other people have had this problem and reported it. I have seen posts on this issue in the past. So as yet it has not been fixed. Why im asking when is it going to be looked into.

#9 wttnn1

wttnn1

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

Hi, I have GTX970, too . i cannot run more than 8 laps on silverstone (COTY) because i get this error. i have no solution.:(....Simraceway.exe always use 3500 MB from video ram (???) I think this vga card is suck... 

#10 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:41 AM

Hi, I have GTX970, too . i cannot run more than 8 laps on silverstone (COTY) because i get this error. i have no solution. :(....Simraceway.exe always use 3500 MB from video ram (???) I think this vga card is suck...

Hmm, maybe this is related to the problems you guys are seeing; the GTX 970 is kind of a weird card:

http://www.extremete...0-memory-issues

You seem to be saying that the program tries to suck up all the available video memory.  So maybe this is the problem.

http://www.lazygamer...allocation-bug/

Look at the last post in this thread.  I checked Simraceway, and it looks like the PLR file is encrypted.

http://isiforums.net...ith-new-GTX-970

Did you turn off AA and V-Sync in the Config dialog?

wttnn1 I hope you'll be able to race.  :mellow:

#11 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:55 AM

Something I noted in the rFactor 2 fourms. A user improved his poor performing 970 by enabling PCI-e 3.0 x16 mode. You can confirm this is being used for your card with the GPU-Z tool. If not, you need to figure out if you can enable that for your motherboard.

http://www.reddit.co...ormance_issues/

http://isiforums.net...gher-end-cards!

Not specifically about memory, but maybe it will help.

#12 wttnn1

wttnn1

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:25 AM

Thx Koba! I will try them.  When the race is "night race" then get this error.  i hope we will fight on the track:)

#13 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

http://www.reddit.co...ormance_issues/

http://isiforums.net...gher-end-cards!

Not specifically about memory, but maybe it will help.

Downloaded the software to check the PCI-e and it is running the PCI-ex16 v1.1 not v3.0. like those threads say gives better performance. Any idea how to remedy this?

*edited* just updated the software and checked again now it is saying it is running PCI-e x16 v3.0. So back to square one

#14 wttnn1

wttnn1

Novice

• 13 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Fox!  This was my solution: i sent my PLR file to Coss and he edit the "maxframe rate=250" after this i can run the full race.

#15 Foxmuldz

Foxmuldz

Contributor

• 4 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:01 AM

Fox!  This was my solution: i sent my PLR file to Coss and he edit the "maxframe rate=250" after this i can run the full race.

Any idea how to do that?

#16 Kobayashi10

Kobayashi10

Pro

• Community Champion
  • 376 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 23 March 2015 - 03:03 AM

Wow, that worked.  Cool.

#17 supercar1

supercar1

supercar1

• Community Champion
  • 920 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:40 AM

GUYS! You can also try a program called GameCompanion. 

Since I started using that program, I get much less errors in SRW, and I can even do alt+tab without problems :)

Pedro Ramos :D
Portugal

#18 m0LN4r

m0LN4r

Semi-Pro

• 161 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 10:45 AM

Weird, i play it on a 2GB nvidia card, everything on max and get 200-300fps.

I got the memory error only once, this means it's a ingame bug. I never get those errors in other games even new ones.

My recent error was: "runtime error, aplication needs to close" also only one time.

When using nvidia DSR to 4K downscale to 1080p it's also working steadily with more than 60fps with vsync, but my card was not optimised (built) for DSR. But for making images it's very beautifull adding a litlle blur, contrast and aditional AA.

But i'ts still faaaaaaar away from the road texture quality in other games.

Well that's it. A BUG.

SQ: 820ish -- Miles Raced: 12000 -- Team: ATS -- RIG: DFGT + TV

Need advice for gaming build or workstation? Ask me, don't be so shy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users